AT&T continues to counter Verizon claims as Apple enters ad fray

Comments

• Reply 81 of 220
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Too much, too little, too late- the damage has been done.

Not really, new coke made coke even stronger.
  • Reply 82 of 220
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Honestly TechDud, you should really go to the Brain Store and get a refund .... yours is obviously defective! I think that's what you're missing here \

NO ONLY YOU IS THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO TAKE THEIR BRAIN TO THE BRAIN STORE BECAUSE ONLY A BRAINLESS IDIOT WOULD BELIEVE THERE'S A BRAIN STORE SO CLEARLY YOUR BRAIN IS DEFECTIVE AND NEEDS A RETURN TO THE BRAIN STORE YOU POOPOO HEAD!

Seriously though, little lines like this really don't do anything for any argument. What's the point?
  • Reply 83 of 220
    Quote:

Well the first thing I always do is throw the crap buds in a drawer- I've lost count of how many I have. The thought of talking on a phone and web reading is rude to the person on the other end of the phone call for one thing so not exactly sure why that's such a needed feature. Now web browsing and texting that's another thing but sadly iPhone simply cannot handle it.

Maybe it's a business call and you need access to e-mail or the internet to have information on hand when having a call? That's been my experience.
  • Reply 84 of 220
    Quote:

Too much, too little, too late- the damage has been done.

Ugh, time to feed the troll....Exactly what damage has been done? Have iPhone sales slowed down? Doubtful. The iPhone is the only device people want badly enough they'll deal with an "inferior" network - whether that inferiority is real or perceived, is another debate. These ads will do nothing to impede further iPhone sales, including sales to people switching from Verizon. Period.

Also, you're calling the iPhone screen small? But they should make it smaller to have a keybooard, right? Or maybe you're referring to the many other smartphones out there with significantly larger screens? Which phones are they again? That's right, nobody gives a shit about them. When will you accept the fact that your measely opinion doesn't matter at all, and Apple's designs strike a good chord with tens of millions of consumers? Nobody cares if you don't like a touch-keyboard, since they're selling them by the millions every quarter.
  • Reply 85 of 220
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALBIM View Post

If I were head of verizon marketing, I would make a commercial that starts out just like the Apple ad, and just as he's about to access the email...the call is dropped.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
  • Reply 86 of 220
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

what does stock numbers have anything to do with what he said? do you see any MBA ads anymore? i sure dont.

are you that blinded by hatred toward him that you pull numbers from a discussion that has nothing to do with what he said to try and make him look like a idiot?

#1. FYI ... his original post included this quote which I responded to (post #19). "Oh did Apple's OS share jump above 50%- am I missing something here?"

#2. I don't have to try to make him look like an idiot ... he does that on his own.

#3. If you're going to flame me ... check your info first, otherwise you also run the possibility of "looking like an idiot."
  • Reply 87 of 220
    Apple just blew a massive hole in Verizon's non-iPhone "game plan." Some dumb carrier vs. Apple in advertising. LOL, it's a horrible mismatch.
  • Reply 88 of 220
    Originally Posted by teckstud

The thought of talking on a phone and web reading is rude to the person on the other end of the phone call for one thing so not exactly sure why that's such a needed feature. Now web browsing and texting that's another thing but sadly iPhone simply cannot handle it.

It's not about sitting on a bus / train talking to somebody while reading an unrelated email. I can't begin to count the number of times i've put someone on speaker phone then pulled up Google Maps to help them while lost, or to check traffic, or to relay pertinent info from an email, etc. You're such a trolling toolbag it's unbelievable.
  • Reply 89 of 220
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

I had to look it up to see what you were talking about (didn't see the movie) ... but that's funny (when I got it)

They may be the first time anyone has ever actually laughed out loud in reference to to that movie. Seriously, the movie is not funny. The idea had potential, but should have been an ongoing SNL skit more than a movie to make it work.

Quote:

what does stock numbers have anything to do with what he said? do you see any MBA ads anymore? i sure dont.

I don?t see any specific Mac ads anymore. I see Get A Mac ads, but they aren?t specific for to a model and only show a machine at the end for a split second.

One thing to consider is that the MBA has been copied in spaded since its release yet they tend to be underpowered and more costly in comparison. On top of that consider that Apple has dominance over the more expensive PC market.

Anecdotally, the MBA doesn?t serve my needs due to the small 1.8? capacity since I mainly use one notebook for everything, but I know a couple people with large PCs at home that love the portability of the MBA. I would wager the sales are more than sufficient and that Core i7 will hitting them early next year.
  • Reply 90 of 220
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And then the blue AT&T map pops up- "BUOP"!
  • Reply 91 of 220
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:

#1. FYI ... his original post included this quote which I responded to (post #19). "Oh did Apple's OS share jump above 50%- am I missing something here?"

#2. I don't have to try to make him look like an idiot ... he does that on his own.

#3. If you're going to flame me ... check your info first, otherwise you also run the possibility of "looking like an idiot."

congrats, now you look like more a moron.

1) OS market share != stock market share. figured someone "of your all knowing stature" could figure that out

2) he still made you look like a moron too

3) i did flame you, and you got burned. you look like a complete idiot now.
  • Reply 92 of 220
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

One thing to consider is that the MBA has been copied in spaded since its release yet they tend to be underpowered and more costly in comparison. On top of that consider that Apple has dominance over the more expensive PC market.

Anecdotally, the MBA doesn?t serve my needs due to the small 1.8? capacity since I mainly use one notebook for everything, but I know a couple people with large PCs at home that love the portability of the MBA. I would wager the sales are more than sufficient and that Core i7 will hitting them early next year.

Right all those netbooks have copied the MBAir. Do you know the Bloomingdales Christmas catalogue even features an Acer netbook (no MacBook AIr)- I was floored.
  • Reply 93 of 220
    Quote:

The thought of talking on a phone and web reading is rude to the person on the other end of the phone call for one thing so not exactly sure why that's such a needed feature.

Watch the commercials, they show several examples that may illustrate that which you cannot conceive.
  • Reply 94 of 220
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I don’t see any specific Mac ads anymore. I see Get A Mac ads, but they aren’t specific for to a model and only show a machine at the end for a split second.

Anecdotally, the MBA doesn’t serve my needs due to the small 1.8” capacity since I mainly use one notebook for everything, but I know a couple people with large PCs at home that love the portability of the MBA. I would wager the sales are more than sufficient and that Core i7 will hitting them early next year.

fair enough. i personally couldnt deal with it either. to me it felt like i was going to break it while typing. the problem with it now, in my opinion, is its too underpowered. thats mostly due to its size and heating problems with more powerful tech inside
  • Reply 95 of 220
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

NO ONLY YOU IS THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO TAKE THEIR BRAIN TO THE BRAIN STORE BECAUSE ONLY A BRAINLESS IDIOT WOULD BELIEVE THERE'S A BRAIN STORE SO CLEARLY YOUR BRAIN IS DEFECTIVE AND NEEDS A RETURN TO THE BRAIN STORE YOU POOPOO HEAD!

Seriously though, little lines like this really don't do anything for any argument. What's the point?

I guess I can't help stooping down to the level of the person I am responding to, maybe?
  • Reply 96 of 220
    Quote:

Watch the commercials, they show several examples that may illustrate that which you cannot conceive.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what the public would prefer more- better coverage on all their calls or the ability to give somebody a google map direction like maybe once a year? You must have some dumass friends.
  • Reply 97 of 220
    Quote:

Not even Kris Kringle and the Winter Warlock singing "Put One App in Front of the Other" can reverse the damage Verizon has wrought.

I have been saying this for months to people who want to get a droid or go to Verizon....

why would you want to go to a network that cannot handle simultaneous data and voice...

who actually needs to hang up on people to surf to what they need and have to call someone back....

personally I laughed when I thought who would need that.....BUT now that I personally use simultaneous voice/data, I really do not know how much of a savage I was.....

so if you want to be a caveman go to Verizon...You wont have the wonderful use of ACTUAL MULTITASKING on your phone, but at least if you are in some rural mountain cave in montana sheep-herding then you won't get any dropped calls..

additionally if someone needs to add the word "stud" to their name, they clearly are not, but hey continue on with your shameless self-promotion, though I am sure no one is impressed with your knowledge of anything TECK...
  • Reply 98 of 220
    Quote:

congrats, now you look like more a moron.

1) OS market share != stock market share. figured someone "of your all knowing stature" could figure that out

2) he still made you look like a moron too

3) i did flame you, and you got burned. you look like a complete idiot now.

You're right ... my bad. Guess it's time to wipe my glasses. Score one for TechDud ....
  • Reply 99 of 220
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    I hate AT&T and Verizon about equally. I have used each company. Both try to bleed you dry, and have horrible customer service. With that said, because of the iPhone AT&T has a lot more web traffic going over it's 3G network then anybody else. So, the real issues are what is AT&T doing to correct the issue, and would Verizon suffer the same fate if it had the same traffic?

I for one think Apple's response stinks. It points out a real valid point, but doesn't name Verizon as a Network that cannot do this. Without researching the matter further, I wouldn't know if my network could use data and voice at the same time. I would apparently incorrectly assume all high speed networks could do this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crossuab View Post

I agree. I didn't realize that you couldn't do both on Verizon. This feature has come in handy plenty of times for me when using my iPhone. I just wish AT&T wouldn't drop my phone calls so often. I must admit that I've seen improvement from AT&T. My signal doesn't switch to the slower EDGE network all the time like it use to when I first got my iPhone last August.

The downside of AT&T having a smaller 3G area is when traveling. It took me forever to download an iTunes Album when I was driving from Jacksonville, FL to Savannah, GA because of the lack of 3G coverage between the cities.

• Reply 100 of 220
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnwhite1000 View Post

Simultaneous voice/data is almost always unusable because with ATTs crappy 1900 Mhz network you almost never have signal.

I am probably one of the few lucky people here, but on Connecticut coast where I live I have never had an issue getting 3G, call quality is great and internet very fast. But as I traveled north, it got worse, so I understand the complaints. But in the past I had T-mobile and had the issues with coverage (no signal at home) and Verizon as well (in the hilly areas they have less cell towers so you are either lucky or not). No carrier will ever be perfect, but there is only one carrier with the phone I want. :-)