Safari won't run for "other users"?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi...

we created 3 user accounts on our iMac - Safari runs fine on the first one - which was originally the administrator - but doesn't run on the other two accounts. Where the Safari icon should be there's only a question mark.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Did you move the Safari application?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Did you move the Safari application?

No, not as far as I know - we just added two additional user accounts and it doesn't find anything but the shortcut icon (not even the standard "compass" image.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Is the Safari icon in the application folders of the two new accounts?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Is the Safari icon in the application folders of the two new accounts?

no, it's not. For the default user account it's on the desktop (?)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    If an app is in the HD>Applications folder, shouldn't it be available to all users? Individual accounts do not need an Applications folder. That's the user's choice, like in case there is an application you want to restrict the use of.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnnie_Telfer View Post

no, it's not. For the default user account it's on the desktop (?)

Contrary to your earlier post, you moved Safari from the global Applications folder to the Desktop [folder] of the primary account.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Contrary to your earlier post, you moved Safari from the global Applications folder to the Desktop [folder] of the primary account.

yes. that's right. "Someone" (shared computer, you know) apparently dragged it onto the desktop. Thanks, everyone, for the help - I have now moved it back to the applications folder and it's available to all users!