Zune HD....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So, I gotta ask. Has anyone on this forum used a Zune HD? If so, lets hear some honest opinions on it.

FYI, I'm an avid Mac user/future owner who also owns (and loves) a Zune HD.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theinformedcritic View Post

So, I gotta ask.....

zunerama.com/forum/index.php?
  • Reply 2 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

zunerama.com/forum/index.php?

So i'll take that as a no. A resounding " No, I only buy electronics with bitten pomaceous fruits branded on their surfaces."
  • Reply 3 of 27
    Quote:

" No, I only buy electronics with bitten pomaceous fruits branded on their surfaces."

Did anybody say that?

I thought that you wanted opinions from Zune owners?
  • Reply 4 of 27
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Did anybody say that?

No. He wants to salve whatever crippling emotional disturbance it is that drives him to show up on an Apple board and pimp MS software and hardware. His only other contributions have been to rag on us for not being pro-Windows enough when someone asked about what netbook to buy.

There should be a name for this disorder-- the one that compels you to "prove" that Apple users prefer Apple products, and then get all smirky and sarcastic about it.

I suggest "Winhole."
  • Reply 5 of 27
    Quote:

Did anybody say that?

No, he wanted to troll.

Sorry theinformedcritic, no takers here, go to MacDaily News, they like trolls there, lots of nice angry responses for your pleasure and amusement.

When Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, the world will buy it. Simple as that.

Until then the iTunes/iPod combination rules, unless something better comes out.

Apple makes very very good software and Microsoft makes very bad software.

It's just the way it is and always has been for decades. Apple innovates and Microsoft imitates poorly.

Congratulations, you have been added to a ignore list of trolls and now will be forgotten.

Oh yea, just look under your User CP settings... bye now!
  • Reply 6 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I suggest "Winhole."

Perfect!

Yes I am quite aware of the OP's intentions. I thought I would go the polite route. and wait for another member to take a more aggressive stance. ...Oh here's MacTripper!
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

No, he wanted to troll.

Sorry theinformedcritic, no takers here, go to MacDaily News, they like trolls there, lots of nice angry responses for your pleasure and amusement.

When Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, the world will buy it. Simple as that.

Until then the iTunes/iPod combination rules, unless something better comes out.

Apple makes very very good software and Microsoft makes very bad software.

It's just the way it is and always has been for decades. Apple innovates and Microsoft imitates poorly.

Congratulations, you have been added to a ignore list of trolls and now will be forgotten.

Oh yea, just look under your User CP settings... bye now!

Wow. I don't think the original post could have been less offensive. A simple question.

If what you say is true about "Microsoft makes very bad software," then you would think that more people would switch away from it in the past decade. Yet the market share stands at 91%.

The rest of your statements are strange opinions that seem to come from nowhere but your own delusional brain. Surely no facts support them.

All I wanted was an intelligent discussion of a new media player that happens to be made by MS. What did I get? Being ignored and chastised. I'm sure I'm not the first to say it but, you are truly sad people.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    Can you sync a Zune HD with Mac OS X?

Can a Mac user buy Zune points at the Zune Market?

etc etc

This web site is called Appleinsider.

Quote:

Wow. I don't think the original post could have been less offensive. A simple question.

Yes. Simple but pointless.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    Quote:

If what you say is true about "Microsoft makes very bad software," then you would think that more people would switch away from it in the past decade. Yet the market share stands at 91%.

The rest of your statements are strange opinions that seem to come from nowhere but your own delusional brain. Surely no facts support them.

All I wanted was an intelligent discussion of a new media player that happens to be made by MS. What did I get? Being ignored and chastised. I'm sure I'm not the first to say it but, you are truly sad people.

So are you done now? Surely there are other sites that you will find more satisfying to troll.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Quote:

So are you done now? Surely there are other sites that you will find more satisfying to troll.

So someone who poses a question about a nonApple product is labeled a troll? What internet are we on right now?

And Zune software can be easily run on a mac, you know that. All I asked is if anybody USED one and what they thought. I gotta say, the reaction from you folks so far is appalling.

-Posted from my MacBook Pro
  • Reply 11 of 27
    Quote:

So someone who poses a question about a nonApple product is labeled a troll? What internet are we on right now?

And Zune software can be easily run on a mac, you know that. All I asked is if anybody USED one and what they thought. I gotta say, the reaction from you folks so far is appalling.

-Posted from my MacBook Pro

Asking, no. Immediately defaulting to "you people" mode when nobody jumps up to stroke you, yeah, trolling. You clearly had an attitude about Mac users coming in, it only took a little bit to get you going. Fuck off.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Asking, no. Immediately defaulting to "you people" mode when nobody jumps up to stroke you, yeah, trolling. You clearly had an attitude about Mac users coming in, it only took a little bit to get you going. Fuck off.

'You people?" I'm guessing you mean that response to another persons post - which had nothing to do with anyone else in this fine community. The fact that the only responses I got when I posted 'Zune' in the title are attacks is sadly not surprising.

But don't fear, this post will not go to waste. It will be brandished throughout the tech community soon to show the prejudice that still exists.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Indeed, 'the tech community'. Because it takes a whole army to keep Winhole boxes going. 'Tech' as in they screw around...

Fortunately 'the tech community' is the last demographic in Apple's sights since Apple makes computers for real people!
  • Reply 14 of 27
    OK... I've used one... it was borrowed for a day. I would never buy one.

It just doesn't do ANYthing that my iPhone doesn't already do for me. In fact my iPhone can do a TON more.

I've nothing personal against MS, I just don't think they make the "best" product. And that statement isn't limited to music players.

I find it hard to believe ANY of these responses surprised you though... I mean... what is the name of this site again???
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Thank you for the first on-topic response. I agree with you on the iPhone has a ton more capabilities, and makes sense far more as a single device. But for those who don't carry iPhones, I really think they should check out the iPod Touch AND the Zune HD before just purchasing the Touch.

I know where I'm posting and I know where loyalties here lie, the problem is nobody should ever limit themselves to one brand and never check out other products. That's like eating one food for the rest of your life. The Zune HD is an incredibly compelling product, and though it is certainly lacking in a few areas, it also DOES do stuff the iphone/touch doesn't (stream HD content to a HDTV, have access to unlimited music, etc).

And though you may all brand me as a MS fanboi, my only intention was to gain some insight into how Apple users view other devices. The results, as anyone can see from scrolling up, were sadly not surprising.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:

Thank you for the first on-topic response. I agree with you on the iPhone has a ton more capabilities, and makes sense far more as a single device. But for those who don't carry iPhones, I really think they should check out the iPod Touch AND the Zune HD before just purchasing the Touch.

I know where I'm posting and I know where loyalties here lie, the problem is nobody should ever limit themselves to one brand and never check out other products. That's like eating one food for the rest of your life. The Zune HD is an incredibly compelling product, and though it is certainly lacking in a few areas, it also DOES do stuff the iphone/touch doesn't (stream HD content to a HDTV, have access to unlimited music, etc).

And though you may all brand me as a MS fanboi, my only intention was to gain some insight into how Apple users view other devices. The results, as anyone can see from scrolling up, were sadly not surprising.

the world hates apple users..

the world is right.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Quote:

And Zune software can be easily run on a mac

Not without buying a whole new operating system.

Quote:

But don't fear, this post will not go to waste. It will be brandished throughout the tech community soon to show the prejudice that still exists.

And just like a lost Apple fanboy on a windows site... the "tech community" doesn't give a shit.

Look, it's nothing to do with "loyalty". Most Mac users can't easily use the Zune with their system. Why bother asking?

If you're disappointed with the responses, but "not surprised"... then why bother asking? You're a "future Mac owner" but you are posting from "my MacBook Pro".... which is it?

Sorry mate but all the signs are there.....
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Quote:

Not without buying a whole new operating system.

And just like a lost Apple fanboy on a windows site... the "tech community" doesn't give a shit.

Look, it's nothing to do with "loyalty". Most Mac users can't easily use the Zune with their system. Why bother asking?

If you're disappointed with the responses, but "not surprised"... then why bother asking? You're a "future Mac owner" but you are posting from "my MacBook Pro".... which is it?

Sorry mate but all the signs are there.....

All the signs of what? An intelligible Apple critic? Sorry to take you out of your comfort zone.

I use a Macbook Pro at work, at home I use a PC, soon to be replaced by a Mac. I know, really hard to grasp. Why bother asking? Well, on another Mac forum the answer is obvious... for interesting insights. Here on AppleInsiders, your point is valid.
  • Reply 19 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archipellago View Post

the world hates apple users..

the world is right.

The world could generally give a shit about platform contention, having better things to do with their time.

Most people, however, instinctively mistrust and dislike people who go out of their way to spend time amongst people they have contempt for just so they can fill their days with sneering and bile.

In that, most people are of course spot on, as such people are emotionally disturbed.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    Quote:

I'm sure "the tech community" will be entranced.

Nothing like a troll with an ludicrous sense of self importance.