Black Friday Mac and iPod price guides: find the lowest prices

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple early Friday morning kicked off its annual Black Friday sale, offering $101 off MacBook Pros and iMacs. However, the Mac maker's authorized resellers have far undercut the company, slashing up to $300 off MacBook Pros and $180 off iMacs. Find the best prices on Macs and iPods with AppleInsider's finalized Black Friday price guides. [Updated Saturday, Nov. 28th @ 822pm with ClubMac price cuts.]

MacBooks

For in-store pickup only, Micro Center is offering arguably the best Mac systems deal of Black Friday, Apple's new 2.26GHz 13.3" white MacBook for $799.99 after this Visa Prepaid Card $200 mail-in rebate. There's a strict limit of one per customer.

The cheapest price on this model that doesn't involve a mail-in-rebate comes from Amazon.com, which is offering it for $884.98 with the option for Saturday delivery.[Sold out]. For shipping orders that leverage rebates, MacConnection offers the lowest price at $849.99.

MacBook Pros

MacConnection also maintains the lowest pricing on all MacBook Pros with mail-in-rebates. The online reseller's Black Friday deals offer $150 off the 2.26GHz 13" MacBook Pro, $200 off both the 2.53GHz 13" MacBook Pro and 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro, $250 off the 2.66GHz 15" MacBook Pro, and $300 off both the 2.80GHz 15" MacBook Pro and 2.80GHz 17" MacBook Pro.

iMacs

For iMacs, MacConnection is also extending the best deals, cutting $150 off both the 3.06GHz Dual 21" iMac and 3.06GHz Dual 21" ATI iMac, $170 off the 3.06GHz Dual 27" iMac, and $180 off the 2.66GHz Quad 27" iMac.

Mac minis, Mac Pros and MacBook Airs

For its part, MacMall maintains the largest savings on MacBook Airs, Mac Pros and Mac minis.

Side-by-side price comparisons from all of Apple's top Mac authorized resellers can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, below. Lowest prices are in bold typeface.

iPods

Apple's Black Friday sale, along with Amazon.com and MacMall, offer the best prices on the iPod touch by a few dollars. For the remainder of the iPod family, authorized resellers combine for the lowest prices, as can be seen in AppleInsider's iPod Price Guide, below.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 49
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple early Friday morning kicked off its annual Black Friday sale, offering $101 off MacBook Pros and iMacs. However, the Mac maker's authorized resellers have far undercut the company, slashing up to $300 off MacBook Pros and $180 off iMacs. Find the best prices on Macs and iPods with AppleInsider's finalized Black Friday price guides.

MacBooks

For in-store pickup only, Micro Center is offering arguably the best Mac systems deal of Black Friday, Apple's new 2.26GHz 13.3" white MacBook for $799.99 after this Visa Prepaid Card $200 mail-in rebate. There's a strict limit of one per customer.

The cheapest price on this model that doesn't involve a mail-in-rebate comes from Amazon.com, which is offering it for $884.98 with the option for Saturday delivery. For shipping orders that leverage rebates, MacConnection offers the lowest price at $849.99.

MacBook Pros

MacConnection also maintains the lowest pricing on all MacBook Pros with mail-in-rebates. The online reseller's Black Friday deals offer $150 off the 2.26GHz 13" MacBook Pro, $200 off both the 2.53GHz 13" MacBook Pro and 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro, $250 off the 2.66GHz 15" MacBook Pro, and $300 off both the 2.80GHz 15" MacBook Pro and 2.80GHz 17" MacBook Pro.

iMacs

For iMacs, MacConnection is also extending the best deals, cutting $150 off both the 3.06GHz Dual 21" iMac and 3.06GHz Dual 21" ATI iMac, $170 off the 3.06GHz Dual 27" iMac, and $180 off the 2.66GHz Quad 27" iMac.

Mac minis, Mac Pros and MacBook Airs

For its part, MacMall maintains the largest savings on MacBook Airs, Mac Pros and Mac minis.

Side-by-side price comparisons from all of Apple's top Mac authorized resellers can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, below. Lowest prices are in bold typeface.

iPods

Apple's Black Friday sale offers the best prices on the iPod touch by a few dollars. For the remainder of the iPod family, authorized resellers combine for the lowest prices, as can be seen in AppleInsider's iPod Price Guide, below.

number one 4 times today and i have to rush off and buy a touch

see ya later

go apple
  • Reply 2 of 49
    Nice deals. Maybe I will buy something
  • Reply 3 of 49
    Anybody know if these are the best deals of the year from Apple? Do they have anything similar right before or after Christmas??? I have my eye on the 64GB Touch...it is $358 instead of $400. With that price, I could even console myself a bit if the camera does appear in the Touch this the spring. The reason I am buying directly from Apple is the engraving.
  • Reply 4 of 49
    kiweekiwee Posts: 102member
    Bought my new iMac and accessories on monday. Called Apple today because of the price cuts and they changed all my prices to todays. Saved almost 200$.

Thats customer service right there.
  • Reply 5 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

Bought my new iMac and accessories on monday. Called Apple today because of the price cuts and they changed all my prices to todays. Saved almost 200$.

Thats customer service right there.

Well, if you are lucky you get the non-flickering screen. Hold all 10 fingers for that. :-(

I am still waiting for the good quality anti-glare screens like those from white iMacs. Hopefuly next model will have those.
  • Reply 6 of 49
    crankycranky Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamw View Post

Nice deals. Maybe I will buy something

Be careful!! Do the math first!! Compare several online retailers before buying from MacConnection because they have a long list of states in which they WILL collect sales tax. The tax they want from me on a new i5 iMac is $139, not to mention shipping. Some of the other retailers do not charge sales tax for online sales and you can possible even find free shipping deals if you search hard enough.
  • Reply 7 of 49
    where is teckstud's har har har 5 dollars har har comment?

41 off a touch is a nice little incentive
  • Reply 8 of 49
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cranky View Post

Be careful!! Do the math first!! Compare several online retailers before buying from MacConnection because they have a long list of states in which they WILL collect sales tax. The tax they want from me on a new i5 iMac is $139, not to mention shipping. Some of the other retailers do not charge sales tax for online sales and you can possible even find free shipping deals if you search hard enough.

Still cheaper than Apple.

You will pay tax from them too unless you live in Oregon and the other state (forget) that does not have a sales tax.
  • Reply 9 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

where is teckstud's har har har 5 dollars har har comment?

41 off a touch is a nice little incentive

So, do you think it is worth it to buy the Touch today, or should I wait??? The only reason I buy from the Apple store are the engravings...makes it unique.
  • Reply 10 of 49
    I won't jump on the glare/glossy screen issue anymore that saying it and the poor economy has put off many of my friends from purchasing a Mac from what they see in the stores (their faces and the overhead lights)

Yes, anti-glare films are available online, but it's the initial reaction in the stores (to any glossy screen) quickly divides the public into two camps: "oh nice" or "oh I can't see the screen" and that seals their decision right there.

Better if Apple offered both options equally and let the customer decide. If Apple can't get matte screens, then at sell Mac's with anti-glare films right next to the glossy ones and apply the film in the back house before giving it to the customer.

I would like to see Apple make hardware products that people need again, like desktop publishing did for them way back in the days, to increase selling of their hardware to business clients and expect them to leverage their stores advantage to maximize sales.
  • Reply 11 of 49
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

number one 4 times today

Hey, really nice quote action you got going there also! Quote the entire article when your comment has nothing to do with any of it.

• Reply 12 of 49
    The chart is incorrect. I found the 32gb iPod touch at Amazon for $268 earlier today (with free shipping). And it's tax-free so that makes it even cheaper. I started to buy it at the Apple online store and they added $16 in taxes to the price.
  • Reply 13 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

The chart is incorrect. I found the 32gb iPod touch at Amazon for $268 earlier today (with free shipping). And it's tax-free so that makes it even cheaper. I started to buy it at the Apple online store and they added $16 in taxes to the price.

Amazon yesterday had the $885 price for the macbook 13".

Today they are listing it at $849.00! (no rebate - that's the price)
  • Reply 14 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katonah View Post

Amazon yesterday had the $885 price for the macbook 13".

Today they are listing it at $849.00! (no rebate - that's the price)

I can confirm this. I ordered mine just after midnight today at $884.98, then noticed later it had dropped to $849.99. Fortunately, I had chosen "slow boat" shipping so my order had not processed. All I did then was cancel order #1 and re-order at the new price.

I don't think it'll drop any more (this is 15% off already), but you never know.
  • Reply 15 of 49
    If you are buying through MacConnection, you can get another 5% back by purchasing through Ebates.com. Here's the link:

http://www.ebates.com/search/all.htm...ection&x=0&y=0
  • Reply 16 of 49
    Just got a Touch via the Apple Store. No wasting my gas in that traffic today... Sucks that they charged me taxes, though, but I guess since there's an Apple retail store near me, they had to? Oh well, free shipping, at least.
  • Reply 17 of 49
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infowarrior45 View Post

So, do you think it is worth it to buy the Touch today, or should I wait??? The only reason I buy from the Apple store are the engravings...makes it unique.

Apple won't have these prices or lower before Christmas if the last umpteen years is a guide. Go ahead and order.
  • Reply 18 of 49
    Is Lightening Deal the best offer from Amazon? Most of those deals were gone very quickly!
  • Reply 19 of 49
    tjstjs Posts: 31member
    Don't forget to check the refurbished items in Apple's online store. Stock varies so the item you are looking for may not be there, but the discounts are usually better than Black Friday deals. I've purchase several refurbished iPods and most recently a refurb Mac Mini and haven't had a problem with any of them. All come with same accessories as new, as well as the same 1 year warranty.

Happy shopping!

Tim
  • Reply 20 of 49
    hahah. i bought mine two weeks ago...its mega but i could have done with word to go with it