Black Friday Mac and iPod price guides: find the lowest prices

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    Will repost this here, from the other pricing thread, for people wanting a Core i7 iMac:

Core i7 iMac, AppleCare, an extra 1TB external LaCiE HD, FREE SHIPPING, and NO SALES TAX (except Vermont, sorry!): $2389 - http://www.smalldog.com/wag19664/

Assuming you have to pay sales tax to Apple or MacConnection, this'll probably be your best deal.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    Just bought a Western Digital 320GB hard drive. Could only find one £2.00 cheaper on tinternet and they were out of stock with a £5 delivery charge. Apple 24 hr delivery and FREE. Nice to get a bargain from Apple from time to time.
  • Reply 23 of 49
    Best deals I've found with my local distributor of quality merchandise.

1: $299 iLikeiPhone, direct from China, no logo. Software works just fine, no manual, must be able to read Chinese. There's a app for that I'm sure.

2: $99 Gray iPod Classic, was black, now sort of dusty white covered with a few burn marks here and there, may make certain dogs and junkies act excited. Will go fast.

3: $29 RED iPod Mini, recovered from police evidence locker, complete with toe tag of previous owner in case you need to contact them.

For further information contact Bruno at the street corner.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    Anybody else notice the prices really aren't any better than normal? If you click the price guide on this web site at any day the price for macmall is 1068 with the 3% off discount for using appleinsider code.

Now you have to pay 1168 just to get a 100$ mail in rebate. Am I the only one who noticed this? I'm looking to get a MacBook, but I'm not sure I was just crazy..

If I wait till tomorrow can't I get t woithout needing to pay 100$ upfront?
  • Reply 25 of 49
    There are atleast 4 online University bookstores whose everyday prices are better than all of these "special" prices for the computers.

And before anyone says anything, no you do not need a student ID or any other proof that you are a student.

These "special" prices are for suckers.

THe ipod prices are pretty normal also. I did grab 5 itouch's when they were $149.99 yesterday at Amazon.
  • Reply 26 of 49
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

where is teckstud's har har har 5 dollars har har comment?

41 off a touch is a nice little incentive

See- i told you- $5 dollars off the Magic Mouse.

Fuggetaboutit!
  • Reply 27 of 49
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Hey, really nice quote action you got going there also! Quote the entire article when your comment has nothing to do with any of it.

thank you

i fixed all the mis spelled words
  • Reply 28 of 49
    Crap. went to get Mac Mini through Amazon ($549 no ship no tax) that was there this afternoon. This evening it is replaced with the item now sold by J & R via Amazon. $580.
  • Reply 29 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Crap. went to get Mac Mini through Amazon ($549 no ship no tax) that was there this afternoon. This evening it is replaced with the item now sold by J & R via Amazon. $580.

I checked on them for ordering it this evening, and same as you, found they are sold out of their own stock, only offering the model for $580 from vendor J&R. \

I am hoping they will have it again on Monday for the "Cyber Monday" sales.

That is, if that happens this year. I think last year many vendors had similar pricing to 'black friday' prices.

Can anyone confirm about Cyber Monday "deals" for this year? ... I Hope I Hope
  • Reply 30 of 49
    http://macmatte.wordpress.com/

Write it down here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

I won't jump on the glare/glossy screen issue anymore that saying it and the poor economy has put off many of my friends from purchasing a Mac from what they see in the stores (their faces and the overhead lights)

Yes, anti-glare films are available online, but it's the initial reaction in the stores (to any glossy screen) quickly divides the public into two camps: "oh nice" or "oh I can't see the screen" and that seals their decision right there.

Better if Apple offered both options equally and let the customer decide. If Apple can't get matte screens, then at sell Mac's with anti-glare films right next to the glossy ones and apply the film in the back house before giving it to the customer.

I would like to see Apple make hardware products that people need again, like desktop publishing did for them way back in the days, to increase selling of their hardware to business clients and expect them to leverage their stores advantage to maximize sales.

• Reply 31 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

I won't jump on the glare/glossy screen issue anymore that saying it and the poor economy has put off many of my friends from purchasing a Mac from what they see in the stores (their faces and the overhead lights)

Yes, anti-glare films are available online, but it's the initial reaction in the stores (to any glossy screen) quickly divides the public into two camps: "oh nice" or "oh I can't see the screen" and that seals their decision right there.

Better if Apple offered both options equally and let the customer decide. If Apple can't get matte screens, then at sell Mac's with anti-glare films right next to the glossy ones and apply the film in the back house before giving it to the customer.

I would like to see Apple make hardware products that people need again, like desktop publishing did for them way back in the days, to increase selling of their hardware to business clients and expect them to leverage their stores advantage to maximize sales.

I think the desktop publishing and business clients are a tough one for Apple nowadays, it's not their main focus. Why, I am not sure, but Apple can still move Macs at a reasonable pace.

I don't think there should be an antiglare film, it would be a spray/ glass treatment so it's still glass but just treated so it's glare is reduced? So environmentally things would still be alright, assuming the spray on the glass is not toxic and such.

Education I think still holds promise for Apple, because of the vast number of students that are using Macs... Apple likes that maybe, having the students be the main "salespeople" that bring Mac to the education arena, just like iPhone users being the ones that get Macs creeping into businesses.

MacBook Pro 15" and 17" antiglare, good options, rounds out the MacBook Pro line good enough. Heck, MacBook Pro 13" should get antiglare, I say this because I do want more people to use Macs if they don't already.

As for the iMac and 24" LED display, I think it would be nice for an antiglare treatment on the glass as an option, and you have a kickass all-round all-in-one desktop offering. However, I think it is too much for Apple to do, unless they are motivated to do it which means it's easy peasy. Hard to say, with the current Steve-is-he-100%-hands-on-or-isn't-he situation.

I think though, feedback should continue to be provided to Apple on requesting antiglare for iMacs ~ for ergonomic reasons as well.

</rambling>

PS. I definitely think though that for the *consumer* colours and video "pops" and looks fantastic with glossy... Assuming there isn't too much light from the back. Entertainment oriented activities are fantastic... But for my core work with my MacBook Aluminium I use a Sony 17" 1280x1024 (old, yes, glossy, but not glass glossy, just somewhat glossy...) -- so anyways... Umm... well, another thread infected by glossy/non-glossy...! Oops...
  • Reply 32 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Fuggetaboutit!

Nah, the Magic Mouse is rubbish anyways, $5 or $50 off... Right Mr. Stud?
  • Reply 33 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Astrylian View Post

Will repost this here, from the other pricing thread, for people wanting a Core i7 iMac:

Core i7 iMac, AppleCare, an extra 1TB external LaCiE HD, FREE SHIPPING, and NO SALES TAX (except Vermont, sorry!): $2389 - http://www.smalldog.com/wag19664/

Assuming you have to pay sales tax to Apple or MacConnection, this'll probably be your best deal.

It still won't run Crysis smooth. <ignore me... being silly here... power consumption on Crossfire and SLI high-end 1GB cards... probably at full load multiples more than what the entire 21" iMac consumes by itself.

That said (yes, more rambling from me)... I just might fancy an ATI 5850 1GB this Xmas for meself. Mmm... Think of the frames, oh, those lovely, lovely extra frames per second. Butter smooth antialiasing... Mmm... so smooth I can't believe it's not butter.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Just got a Touch via the Apple Store. No wasting my gas in that traffic today... Sucks that they charged me taxes, though, but I guess since there's an Apple retail store near me, they had to? Oh well, free shipping, at least.

those taxes helped support out of work game writers and palm pre designers
  • Reply 35 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It still won't run Crysis smooth. <ignore me... being silly here... power consumption on Crossfire and SLI high-end 1GB cards... probably at full load multiples more than what the entire 21" iMac consumes by itself.

That said (yes, more rambling from me)... I just might fancy an ATI 5850 1GB this Xmas for meself. Mmm... Think of the frames, oh, those lovely, lovely extra frames per second. Butter smooth antialiasing... Mmm... so smooth I can't believe it's not butter.

does a MBOP15 3.02GHz 7200rpm 500g run Crysis ??

i mean what does run Crysis besides a cray ?
  • Reply 36 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Hey, really nice quote action you got going there also! Quote the entire article when your comment has nothing to do with any of it.

Don't get him going or you'll see how slick he is with the enter key. He uses it like a period.

Anyway, I've been debating getting my daughter a Touch, or getting the 3GS when my discount becomes active in December. I think I'll wait, I'd rather just make one purchase and she can have my 3G iPhone when I get the new one. It is entirely possible for her to use the iPod/Games functionality without a SIM right?
  • Reply 37 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Astrylian View Post

Though the price you listed has gone up today, I don't see any 'deal' even at yesterday's price. Macmall is selling the i7 for about $2100 (provided you are willing to muck around with rebates). Even if you add another $100 for the 1TB hard drive you get at Small Dog, it comes to $2200. That is almost $200 less than Small Dog. The 'deal' you mention is just basically buying the system at full retail and saving on tax. You can do that at various online vendors without having to buy the extra hard drive.

EDIT: my mistake. I didn't see the applecare on there . Sorry about that. I see the value now. I will still probably get it cheaper from Macmall, and the very cheap education price on Applecare, but I was wrong about your post.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    Quote:

Fuggetaboutit!

• Reply 39 of 49
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Nah, the Magic Mouse is rubbish anyways, $5 or $50 off... Right Mr. Stud?

Not rubbish- just made for small to average size hands- doesn't really work for me that well.

However, my Apple (nee Mighty) Mouse is close to being sent to the Land of the Misfit Toys- the bottom plastic ring fell off and hasn't scrolled well for a long time. It needs to be replaced and I'll probably buy the MM by itself as long as it's not packaged alongside a glossy screened iMac.
  • Reply 40 of 49
    Quote:

Not rubbish- just made for small to average size hands- doesn't really work for me that well.

However, my Apple (nee Mighty) Mouse is close to being sent to the Land of the Misfit Toys- the bottom plastic ring fell off and hasn't scrolled well for a long time. It needs to be replaced and I'll probably buy the MM by itself as long as it's not packaged alongside a glossy screened iMac.

so MM fails the TS TEST !!!

and i am happy ypu did not gloss e

over the facts

mery xmas dude