.mac addresses no longer work

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
As of last night, my @mac.com address no longer works. @me.com is fine, but I can't get mail to my address @mac.com.

I chatted with an Apple support rep who said that they are turning off all routing of mac.com addresses as of December 31. It would be nice if someone told me there was a deadline. I have a lot of places/accounts where I never switched over to me.com and now I have to scramble to do so.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    My mac.com address works. In fact Apple is still sending iTunes ads to my mac.com address.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

My mac.com address works. In fact Apple is still sending iTunes ads to my mac.com address.

It's funny because shortly after I talked to apple support about it, I started getting messages for my mac.com address again. I am wondering what the real story is.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbo View Post

It's funny because shortly after I talked to apple support about it, I started getting messages for my mac.com address again. I am wondering what the real story is.

Looks like your account was disabled, and enabled again after you called attention to it.

Probably some ICT dick who screwed up.

This episode does illustrate, however, how vulnerable you are if you use 'cloud' apps.