Makes you take stock and reflect.

May he rest in peace.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    "...All things must pass

None of life's strings can last

So I must be on my way

Face another day"

I remember a cartoon when John was killed that showed a musical note with three tails or whatever and one falling off.

Sad, sad, sad.

At least it's nice to know how comfortable George was in his spirituality.

Jeff

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    My all-time favorite Beatle and the person DIRECTLY responsible for me picking up the guitar, "all those years ago...".

Ouch...this really hurts right *here*.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Truly, George was the "quiet" one. Never made any public spectacle of himself. His music came from his soul and communicated far better for him.

<a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/aharddaysnight/"; target="_blank">Oh, for the good old days...nights...</a>
  • Reply 6 of 18
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Lets all play "Revolution 9" backwards in remembrance.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    I hate to say it but .... Yawn.

The people above me just put on the Beatles. Long and Winding Road I think.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Well, at least we still have Linkin Park.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    [quote]I hate to say it but .... Yawn.<hr></blockquote>Then don't say it.

A great talent and a "nice" person, something all too rare these days.

Thanks for the music, and the movies, George
  • Reply 10 of 18
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Oh I'm sure it pains you to say that deeply.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Definately sad to hear, especially to die at only 58.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Here comes the sun,

Here comes the sun,

and I say

It's all right...
  • Reply 13 of 18
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    In DC, they are doing an all bettle weekend on radio channel 94.7
  • Reply 14 of 18
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Heard the news this morning at around 5 am on the TV. I turned it on when I woke up and they were showing a montage of clips and basically a life history piece. I immediately knew that he had died and just got choked up.

Radio stations here responded quite nicely. WFUV played songs all day and Q104 played Beatles tunes all night. (The only exception was Howard Stern who made an ass of himself by saying Harrison sucked and who cares if he died )

Most moving thing of the day though... my principal getting on the PA system during home room and playing "Here Comes the Sun" over the PA system in remembrance.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Howard Stern is SUCH a horse's ass. Leave it to him to be so crass and clueless. I guess we should expect no less, right?

Anyone still think he's funny, cool and actually contributing something interesting or worthwhile? Does he do anything that any of us couldn't do, if given a microphone?

Thing is, growing up when he did and being the age he is and all, he probably is a bit sad about Harrison's death. Thing is, to admit that and maybe actually say something heartfelt and NICE, he knows he would alienate his marble-mouthed, trashcan throwing legion of mulleted, Polo cologne-wearing "fans" and they might think he's "acting like a big pussy".

I wish that flaming idiot would lose his job and get beaten in an alley afterwards. He's just not funny and he's completely irrelevent.

He holds his finger up to the wind and whatever is the most contrary, opposite and crass way to approach an issue is the one he goes with...even if, in his heart, he may truly feel the other way.

A false-hearted coward and ratings whore to the nth degree.

Alison should've left his ugly, embarrassing ass 10 years ago. I hope some good-looking, nice young man is keeping her up every night 'til 2am with screaming multiples.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 18
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>Howard Stern is SUCH a horse's ass. Leave it to him to be so crass and clueless. I guess we should expect no less, right?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I couldn't agree with you more about that dick.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    [quote]Alison should've left his ugly, embarrassing ass 10 years ago. I hope some good-looking, nice young man is keeping her up every night 'til 2am with screaming multiples.<hr></blockquote>WOW, what a put-down that was.

Way to go, pscates
  • Reply 18 of 18
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I can't believe the Forum is back! I had given up on it and just checked in for a goof.

Check out <a href="http://www.apple.com"; target="_blank">www.apple.com</a> Pic of George Harrison on home page-very cool. Lets see Microsoft do that....................