Bikes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Suzuki Hayabusa 1300, Aprilia RSV Mille R or MV Augusta F4 SPR?

The MV

The Aprilia (pic was a bit large)

<a href="http://www.aprilia.com/ridezone/common/models/rsvr/6.jpg"; target="_blank">http://www.aprilia.com/ridezone/common/models/rsvr/6.jpg</a>;

The Suzuki

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Go for the MV
  • Reply 2 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    In my next life maybe.

*drool* though.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Im not a big fan of Japanese style motorcycles but... damn the MV looks good...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    There's nothing Japanese about the MV. It's Italian.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    markmark Posts: 143member
    I was pleased as punch with a second-hand Honda Rebel in high school. It wasn't much to speak of, I suppose, but still - I was blissfully happy.

My only regret is that I had to sell it - you can imagine how much I needed the cash when you think of the miserable resale value of that well-used little bike.

(Sigh.) The memories...

Cheers,

Mark.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    As someone who has ridden a Hayabusa, I have only one thing to tell you.

Buy life insurance.

The bike has more power and speed than any sane person needs. The day you lose your respect (and mild fear) of the bike... you will die. It is UNREAL how much ****ing power these things have. There's really no way for me to describe it... you have to feel it yourself.

Save your money and get a GSX-R 750 - a VERY fast bike and a ton lighter. Amazing bike.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I've been waiting 2 years to get the screws taken out of my wrist so that I can get myself an MV with my insurance payout.

Hayabusa's are way too fast with a knackered wrist, I just hope that when I can finally ride again I haven't blown all my compensation
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Having raced Japanese bikes for years and really not having a great deal of interest in cruising and being American has always left me in a quandry as to buying an American bike. Thankfully I can now choose a bike manufactured in America that gives me the ability to stay with the foreign bikes in real world conditions. It is not the fastest in the world, but it is a high tech reasonably priced AMERICAN bike. It is the Buell Firebolt XB9R - available in the spring of 2002 for your AMERICAN road pleasure.

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: ac2c ]</p>