Apple introduces holiday iPhone ad, Movie Bundles for iTunes

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A new holiday-themed iPhone advertisement presents a spin on the classic "Twelve Days of Christmas" with App Store software, and discounted movie bundles have come to iTunes.

iTunes introduces Movie Bundles

Apple this week began selling two-packs of movies at a discounted price. The new "Movie Bundles" page has a number of $9.99 double features, $14.99 double and triple features, and $19.99 double and triple features.

"Great movies, great themes, great prices," the new page reads. "We've grouped top-flight titles together -- from blockbusters and popular favorites to gems featuring incomparable stars. Browse these cohesive collections and check back soon for new bundles at a special price."

One featured bundle includes two of the most acclaimed movies of all time: "The Godfather" and "The Godfather Part II." Separately, each movie would cost $9.99. Together, the two cost $14.99, a $5 savings.

Some bundles also provide an HD option with even greater savings. The "Jason Statham Action Pack" offers the films "Crank 2: High Voltage," "Transporter 3," and "The Bank Job" for $24.99 in standard-def (saving $5), or $34.99 in HD (saving $25 over the regular purchase price).

Apple took a similar approach with music over the summer when it introduced the D45 section. As a throwback to the old days of the two-song 45rpm vinyl record, digital 45s feature discounted prices on two-packs of digital song downloads.

The Twelve Apps of Christmas

The 30-second commercial, entitled "12 Apps of Xmas," quickly lists software that allows users to view guitar tabs, search baking recipes, send postcards and more. It concludes with an app that, with the aid of external hardware, can light up a Christmas tree.

The Christmas tree feat is accomplished with the Schlage LiNK application, a free 0.7MB download (iTunes link) that allows the iPhone to connect to Z-Wave connected devices like locks, thermostats and electrical outlets.

Other apps include (iTunes links): Snow Reports, The Betty Crocker Mobile Cookbook, myStarbucks, Weather Pro, and Anna Sheffield Jewelry.

View the ad in its entirety:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    Best Ad to date! " And a app, that can light up the christmas tree" ... iLove Apple.

Their also showing what iTunes LP can look like when done right

I can't say it enough, iLove My APPLE
  • Reply 2 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Best Ad to date! " And a app, that can light up the christmas tree" ... iLove Apple.

Their also showing what iTunes LP can look like when done right

You are new and already quite annoying, like a hyper child.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Quote:

Just FYI, the Christmas tree thing isn't made by Apple, nor is it exclusive to Apple. In fact, it seems to have been made for other mobile devices first.

http://link.schlage.com/remote_manag...ileAccess.aspx
  • Reply 4 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

You are new and already quite annoying, like a hyper child.

And I can tell your going to be a thorn in my ass. Like a bully in a school yard. Rest assured I can handle my own.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

Just FYI, the Christmas tree thing isn't made by Apple, nor is it exclusive to Apple. In fact, it seems to have been made for other mobile devices first.

http://link.schlage.com/remote_manag...ileAccess.aspx

Thanks for that, I didn't know
  • Reply 6 of 30
    1080 is HD. When iTunes and Apple TV are 1080p, I am totally in.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    Quote:

And I can tell your going to be a thorn in my ass. Like a bully in a school yard. Rest assured I can handle my own.

Just trying to keep the mentality of our comments above that of a 2 year old.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

Just trying to keep the mentality of our comments above that of a 2 year old.

Why don't you write something about the article?? .... You even replied to a post I was having with another user directly as if I was talking to you.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Does it really matter who made what first... The phrase, "And an app that can light up the xmas tree..." is a high note to end the advert with.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by heaven or las vegas View Post

Does it really matter who made what first... The phrase, "And an app that can light up the xmas tree..." is a high note to end the advert with.

I agree. Nice end note... and made me want to check out the app. ;-) I think this qualifies as one of the best Apple ads in my opinion (at least in recent history).
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Someone at work got at a $15 iTunes voucher, so I just bought the Godfather I and II. Great offer.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member
    Quote:

Yes, most Apple customers feel the same way....and Apple knows this. That is why we pay premium prices for poorly built hardware with limited options.

-kpluck
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Great ad. No reason to faint from joy, however. I'd expect such an ad from Apple.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

Yes, most Apple customers feel the same way....and Apple knows this. That is why we pay premium prices for poorly built hardware with limited options.

-kpluck

Please explain, what's limited in our current generation of hardware? Also explain what's poorly built? (If you can)
  • Reply 15 of 30
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:

Why don't you write something about the article?? .... You even replied to a post I was having with another user directly as if I was talking to you.

You obviously are jealous of me for whatever reason, and I guess people will notice that wherever MobileMe goes his new PROFANITY REMOVED BY MODERATOR alectheking wont be far behind..... so if your done with personal attacks that have nothing to do with the article, I suggest you leave before I enact the forum rules.

you're the one with the personal attacks. i hope you get banned. calling someone a b**** is indeed bad taste.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

you're the one with the personal attacks. i hope you get banned. calling someone a b**** is indeed bad taste.

Zep come on just look at his past post and you can see his intentions aren't for the good of Apple/Steve or Appleinsider... he constantly refers to Apple software and products as inadequate.

I will admit, I did stoop to his level and I regret that.

Why the harsh words from you Zep? I think your cool
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Wow, this thread went sideways in no time.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

I'm sorry if we can't respond right away. I have a shipping deadline in TEN MINUTES, I can't deal with every petty forum rivalry within an hour of every complaint.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    I've deleted the petty squabble to try and keep the thread on track. Infractions for MobileMe and alectheking heading their way...
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Really guys? You're going to snark at each other like little kids then whine when the grown ups don't step in fast enough?

Grow up and be respectful of each other. This is embarrassing for everyone involved.