Psystar lawyer claims company not shutting down permanently

Comments

• Reply 61 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Ok , so then what's wrong with serving a market Apple is ignoring?

They haven't tapped into that market yet and Apple doesn't rush into markets without proper R&D

Quote:

No Psystar was serving a market Apple is ignoring and making a profit too, which Apple is ignoring.

Again haven't ignored just been keeping a close eye on, until it develops a little more, if at all

Quote:

Because Apple's prices are insanely high compared to similar PC offerings of the same quality.

Actually insanely competitive with better quality and long term usability.

Quote:

Enjoy the world travel, bring lots of warm clothes and condemns.

Huh???

Quote:

So Apple pirates Xerox, Microsoft pirates Apple, Apple pirates Unix and Psystar pirates Apple.

And Apple complains?

Apple is a pirate, they KNOW others are pirates, so why not tie OS X harder to Apple hardware so it's near impossible to run on PC's?

It's because Apple want's their OS to be pirated, just not publicly and for commercial profit that's all.

Psystar see's this too, thus they purposely challenged Apple in court knowing they are going to lose but reap a client list and free publicity for Rebel EFI.

Heck, they file for bankruptcy and they don't even have to pay fines or fee's!

Xerox ALLOWED APPLE TO SEE IT'S TECHNOLOGY AND SECRETS AND GAVE ENGINEERS PERMISSION TO DEMO THEIR TECHNOLOGIES Which was a mistake on Xerox part for not seeing Apple was the competition. What did you expect would happen???

MICROSOFT STEALS, KILLS, AND DESTROYS THE TECH INDUSTRY
  • Reply 62 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Apple has a computer under $1000, the Mac Mini and MacBook. Those are hardly junk and appeal to they low end user market

The Mac Mini is nothing but a netbook in a desktop case.

The MacBook is junk for the high price, I know I had one for two whole months.

The case chipped straight off, the glossy screen is annoying and it's underpowered and under featured for the price.

A similar PC laptop can be had for $300 less AND include a 3 year warranty.

The metal case matte MacBook Pro's, that's a good machine, a good road warrior machine if one can afford one.

Of course a Toughbook running Ubuntu might be a close competitor, if you didn't need to run certain professional level software.
  • Reply 63 of 122
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    What about the people who bought their systems with a three year warranty?

They might care.

Quote:

]THIS JUST IN!!!! Nobody cares about Psytar going out of business.

• Reply 64 of 122
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

You are making my point -- both are products of Honda, not some other car manufacturer licensed by Honda to make Honda cars. Some believe that Apple should be licensing OSX to other hardware makers, though why they believe this, has never been clear to me. So you'd have to ask them why. The point I'm making is, if Apple followed this advice, they'd be creating competitors for themselves, which is an unusual business strategy to be sure.

You mean like the Geo Prizm was a Corolla made and sold under a GM brand? The Geo brand was essentially cars licensed from Japan from various companies (Toyota, Isuzu, Suzuki).

I don't think that Apple should license or have clones but it's not exactly as uncommon as you suggest.
  • Reply 65 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

No thanks. It's not for road warriors. I know this, I'm that guy. 144 flights this year.

The machine is a bit under powered. No storage. No replaceable battery. Lousy graphics. I couldn't get it to work with my InFocus projector, not enough graphics performance or oomph or something. Can't do a business presentation, why tote it? Not a road warrior machine.

Maybe for Steve. But he probably forgot that the rest of us don't have our own private jet, and can rarely afford to sit in Business Class, where the power ports are.

ORD to CGY is a little over 9 hours. LAX to MEL is almost 16 hours. SYD to HKG is 9-1/2 hours & HKG to LAX is 13 hours. I travel these routes all the time. Traveling with the toy MBA would mean I'd get anywhere from 3 to 4, maybe 4-1/2 hours of work done, and then I'd be finished. What do I do for the next 12 hours? At least with my aluminum MacBook boat-anchor, I can snap in another battery and keep going. Also, TSA will let me on the plane with Apple's replacement batteries, because they are original equipment... sometimes, they force 3rd party batteries into the cargo hold. We've seen it happen to our crews.

I have more Power Point presentations, Excel budget spreadsheets and PDF specification sheets on our products than the MBA can hold on it's puny drive. This doesn't even account for any applications or music or photos or any other documents. This thing is a cute toy.

Hell, you can't even connect to an Ethernet network and plug a USB thumb drive into the stupid-ass machine at the same damn time. Hilarious. All for $1400, $1500? Give me a break. What kind of modern computer is that? It's for suburban housewives who want to look cool surfing at StarBucks.

The size and weight of the MBA was achieved by de-featuring, not innovation. If Fujitsu can get DVI, HDMI, Gig Ethernet, a removable battery, 3 USB2.0 ports plus 1394 into a 10" ultra-portable netbook, I would hope Apple might be able to do the same thing. If they bothered trying.

Also, I'm thinking you didn't really pay attention to my post. I want & need a computer with a smaller footprint. This is really the show stopper - the 13" LCD means the base of the machine has to accommodate it. I want a smaller footprint. The smallest footprint Apple produces is 13", 30% greater than my desired standard. This is ok for 2004 or 2005 technology but not in today's netbook world.

Apple needs to start innovating again in the portable computer space (I don't mean phones), and stop resting on their previous, now long in the tooth designs. I want something that absorbs 30% less space than their most portable Macintosh book.

THEIR IS NO COMPUTER THAT WILL MEET YOUR UN-REALISTIC NEEDS. YOU NEED A 8TB HARDDRIVE, NVIDIA 285FX GRAPHICS CARD, A 3.3GHZ 8CORE PROCESSOR, WITH 99GB RAM, 8 USB PORTS 7 FW800 PORTS AND 100HR BATTERY LIFE IN ONE CHARGE, ALL CRAMMED INTO A 10" OLED SCREEN

It's also not Steve's fault you don't have access to the Airline adapter ports

Also the last I checked user run PS and Play WoW on the current version MBA SSD version.

Apple is innovating (Unibody enclosure, the WORLDS FIRST MAGIC MOUSE)

The MacBook Pro's can fit your needs easily with it's 8hr or even 7hr battery life.
  • Reply 66 of 122
    Quote:

Apple has a computer under $1000, the Mac Mini and MacBook. Those are hardly junk and appeal to they low end user market

I never said either of those products were junk. You said low-end PCs are junk that only 'Wal-Mart minded" consumers would want. I was saying that just because low-end PCs are cheap doesn't mean they are pieces of junk.

The cheapest Mac is crap (price wise) compared to a low-end PC. I can get a PC just as good as Mac Mini for half the price. Now you're probably gonna say, "oh well but that PC has crap hardware, even though the Mac Mini uses the same hardware..."
  • Reply 67 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

What about the people who bought their systems with a three year warranty?

They might care.

Buying a product from an illegal operating business is not good judgement.

You Pay for your mistake. Only thing you can say is lesson learned.
  • Reply 68 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

I never said either of those products were junk. You said low-end PCs are junk that only 'Wal-Mart minded" consumers would want. I was saying that just because low-end PCs are cheap doesn't mean they are pieces of junk.

The cheapest Mac is crap (price wise) compared to a low-end PC. I can get a PC just as good as Mac Mini for half the price. Now you're probably gonna say, "oh well but that PC has crap hardware, even though the Mac Mini uses the same hardware..."

http://www.apple.com/macmini/features.html

It's actually THE WORLDS MOST ENERGY EFFICIENT DESKTOP...

Also you can get 500GB HD with 4GB RAM for under $1000.

I don't need to argue about hardware cause Mac Mini runs the WORLDS MOST ADVANCED AND FASTEST OS for only $599
  • Reply 69 of 122
    Quote:

The Mac Mini is nothing but a netbook in a desktop case.

The MacBook is junk for the high price, I know I had one for two whole months.

The case chipped straight off, the glossy screen is annoying and it's underpowered and under featured for the price.

A similar PC laptop can be had for $300 less AND include a 3 year warranty.

The metal case matte MacBook Pro's, that's a good machine, a good road warrior machine if one can afford one.

Of course a Toughbook running Ubuntu might be a close competitor, if you didn't need to run certain professional level software.

I refute those comments, and it sounds like your just a brute to your machines. Not everybody slams and bangs around a perfectly designed Apple notebook.

You obviously need a TOUGHBOOK Caveman

• Reply 70 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emig647 View Post

I completely agree with you. I think what they believe is if apple licenses OS X to other builders, that their computing experiences will suddenly get cheaper for using OS X. They *think* they would have more hardware options. I suppose they would to a point (like more graphic card options and configurations), but more or less it would be just as expensive.

Many people believe apple sells a full copy of OS X for $129. In reality they are upgrade prices that are offset by the past hardware sales that person has made. So in order for Apple to sell full blown copies without the hardware offset, it's unknown what the price would be. My guess is in the $300-$500 range.

In the end it makes no sense for apple to completely change their business model. What they have works and works well. Some people think that a greater market share would bring them a lot more money, imo it would just bring a lot more problems and less money.

I agree. When you figure that unlike Microsoft Apple doesn't have different version of its OS depending on what the user wants to do it OS X would likely be at least as expensive as Microsoft's high end offering and more likely more expensive.

Given how difficult it is for people to get MacOS X to entirely work on a non-Apple PC and you can see it would be cheap.
  • Reply 71 of 122
    Quote:

Huh???

You said:

Quote:

Thats why we have a GREAT LEGAL TEAM

And I said:

"Enjoy the world travel, bring lots of warm clothes and condoms." (correction) To fight the world of Mac clones that is, as Russia and China are rather cold and you'll need condoms because you'll be doing a lot of spooning to keep warm.

Quote:

Xerox ALLOWED APPLE TO SEE IT'S TECHNOLOGY AND SECRETS AND GAVE ENGINEERS PERMISSION TO DEMO THEIR TECHNOLOGIES Which was a mistake on Xerox part for not seeing Apple was the competition. What did you expect would happen???

I was there, it didn't happen like that.

Steve had no pass and later we find the emergency exit was open and several disks missing.
  • Reply 72 of 122
    Quote:

http://www.apple.com/macmini/features.html

It's actually THE WORLDS MOST ENERGY EFFICIENT DESKTOP...

Also you can get 500GB HD with 4GB RAM for under $1000.

I don't need to argue about hardware cause Mac Mini runs the WORLDS MOST ADVANCED AND FASTEST OS for only $599

No, these are the most "energy efficient" desktops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nettop

Which is completely irrelevant, considering a computer can only add a couple dollars, max, to your electricity bill each month.

Also, you can get a PC with a 500 GB HD with 4 GB RAM for under $500.

And I don't need to argue about this "cause" if Apple allowed their OS to run on other computers, you could get the "WORLDS MOST ADVANCED AND FASTEST OS" for less than that.
  • Reply 73 of 122
    Quote:

You said:

And I said:

"Enjoy the world travel, bring lots of warm clothes and condoms." (correction) To fight the world of Mac clones that is, as Russia and China are rather cold and you'll need condoms because you'll be doing a lot of spooning to keep warm.

I was there, it didn't happen like that.

Steve had no pass and later we find the emergency exit was open and several disks missing.

Your funny... I'm glad you agree with my & Apple's/Steves argument though, makes things much easier.
  • Reply 74 of 122
    Quote:

No, these are the most "energy efficient" desktops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nettop

Which is completely irrelevant, considering a computer can only add a couple dollars, max, to your electricity bill each month.

Also, you can get a PC with a 500 GB HD with 4 GB RAM for under $500.

And I don't need to argue about this "cause" if Apple allowed their OS to run on other computers, you could get the "WORLDS MOST ADVANCED AND FASTEST OS" for less than that.

I'm not arguing, I just need you to come out of your un-realistic reality and see the light through Apple. The company profits every quarter and year so you just fall into a category of nascent whiners . Apple expects this type of user since it's very successful in the Tech Industry and Digital Music Industry (APPLE REVOLUTIONIZED THIS INDUSTRY BTW)
  • Reply 75 of 122
    matt_smatt_s Posts: 300member
    Quote:

THEIR IS NO COMPUTER THAT WILL MEET YOUR UN-REALISTIC NEEDS. YOU NEED A 8TB HARDDRIVE, NVIDIA 285FX GRAPHICS CARD, A 3.3GHZ 8CORE PROCESSOR, WITH 99GB RAM, 8 USB PORTS 7 FW800 PORTS AND 100HR BATTERY LIFE IN ONE CHARGE, ALL CRAMMED INTO A 10" OLED SCREEN

It's also not Steve's fault you don't have access to the Airline adapter ports

Also the last I checked user run PS and Play WoW on the current version MBA SSD version.

Apple is innovating (Unibody enclosure, the WORLDS FIRST MAGIC MOUSE)

The MacBook Pro's can fit your needs easily with it's 8hr or even 7hr battery life.

Dude, what are you smoking? Give us some!

Or maybe it's in the koolaid...

I just described a netbook that exists. You described how insane you've become.

I have a 500 GB SATA drive in my MacBook, and it's more than enough. Where you get 8 terabytes is beyond me, I think you're just being a bit petulant. The largest drive you can order for the MBA is 128 GB, about 80 GB less than the Power Point's I must tote. It's a damn toy.

And you're absolutely wrong there - it is Steve's fault he hasn't built a netbook machine for the rest of us who sit in Economy. This used to be the company that built the computer for the rest of us, remember? Now I guess it's all about those with their own private jets, eh?

The MacBook Pro's you tell me are such road warrior machines are also 13, 15 and 17 inches in size. Again, too large - 30%, 50% and 70% larger than what I want. I don't want to travel with a machine of this heft. I used to, don't want to have to anymore. Stop trying to force me. It's my money, not yours. If Fujitsu can do it, maybe Apple can, too. Like I said: if they bothered trying.

I want a 10" netbook that runs OS X. Why do you insist on stepping on my dream? WTF, dude? A guy can't dream anymore? Not cool, man.

You can now get great taste in a decaffinated coffee
  • Reply 76 of 122
    Quote:

I'm not arguing, I just need you to come out of your un-realistic reality and see the light through Apple. The company profits every quarter and year so you just fall into a category of nascent whiners . Apple expects this type of user since it's very successful in the Tech Industry and Digital Music Industry (APPLE REVOLUTIONIZED THIS INDUSTRY BTW)

What "un-realistic reality" am I in? I am simply stating Macs are expensive and low-end computers aren't crap like you are saying.
  • Reply 77 of 122
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

No thanks. It's not for road warriors. I know this, I'm that guy. 144 flights this year.

114 flights a year and a complete inability to google "macbook external battery".

Quote:

The machine is a bit under powered. No storage. No replaceable battery. Lousy graphics. I couldn't get it to work with my InFocus projector, not enough graphics performance or oomph or something. Can't do a business presentation, why tote it? Not a road warrior machine.

Maybe for Steve. But he probably forgot that the rest of us don't have our own private jet, and can rarely afford to sit in Business Class, where the power ports are.

ORD to CGY is a little over 9 hours. LAX to MEL is almost 16 hours. SYD to HKG is 9-1/2 hours & HKG to LAX is 13 hours. I travel these routes all the time.

Why on earth do you need a replaceable battery if you can get a 34 hour battery? If the 222 watt hr battery is too big (it is rather huge) the small 60 watt hour battery will keep the MBA going 11.8 hours.

And you seem to have the inability to use seatguru to find airlines with airplanes with power ports in coach for your 114 flights a year.

Here...let me help you:

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.php

Kinda screwed if you fall under the fly america restrictions but even so there are flights and seats with power in coach. Even more in premium coach.

And the issue with the projector is not a common one. The MBA can support bog standard VGA and comes with the same 9400M on the 13" MBP. The graphics is just fine.

Quote:

Traveling with the toy MBA would mean I'd get anywhere from 3 to 4, maybe 4-1/2 hours of work done, and then I'd be finished.

Only for the clueless "road warrior" unable to use either seat guru or external batteries.

Quote:

What do I do for the next 12 hours? At least with my aluminum MacBook boat-anchor, I can snap in another battery and keep going. Also, TSA will let me on the plane with Apple's replacement batteries, because they are original equipment... sometimes, they force 3rd party batteries into the cargo hold. We've seen it happen to our crews.

"You are allowed one larger lithium ion battery installed in a device, plus up to 2 spare larger lithium ion batteries."

http://safetravel.dot.gov/larger_batt.html

These include the 222 watt hour batteries. The limit is 300 watt hours. At first there was some confusion but things have pretty much smoothed out.

Quote:

I have more Power Point presentations, Excel budget spreadsheets and PDF specification sheets on our products than the MBA can hold on it's puny drive. This doesn't even account for any applications or music or photos or any other documents. This thing is a cute toy.

Amazing...you have more than 128GB worth of power point presentations? You certainly peg that "death by powerpoint" meter. Or heard of external flash drives. If you're 20GB short you can get a 32GB usb drive although 200GB of powerpoint is overkill.

Quote:

Hell, you can't even connect to an Ethernet network and plug a USB thumb drive into the stupid-ass machine at the same damn time. Hilarious. All for $1400, $1500? Give me a break. What kind of modern computer is that? It's for suburban housewives who want to look cool surfing at StarBucks.

They have these things called wireless in 2009. Not too many ethernet ports in airports ya know?

And any road warrior that hasn't considered taking along an airport express has been too clueless to get a nice hotel room with a great view from the balcony that's a tad far from ethernet port. Or just wants to do email from the bed as opposed to the desk.

They also make these things called USB hubs. Which aren't all that big and you can stuff into your checked luggage.

Quote:

Also, I'm thinking you didn't really pay attention to my post. I want & need a computer with a smaller footprint. This is really the show stopper - the 13" LCD means the base of the machine has to accommodate it. I want a smaller footprint. The smallest footprint Apple produces is 13", 30% greater than my desired standard. This is ok for 2004 or 2005 technology but not in today's netbook world.

You call the MBA wimpy and you want a netbook instead?
  • Reply 78 of 122
    [QUOTE=matt_s;1537489]Dude, what are you smoking? Give us some!

I just described a netbook that exists. You described how insane you've become.

I have a 500 GB SATA drive in my MacBook, and it's more than enough. Where you get 8 terabytes is beyond me, I think you're just being a bit petulant. The largest drive you can order for the MBA is 128 GB, about 80 GB less than the Power Point's I must tote. It's a damn toy.

Quote:

And you're absolutely wrong there - it is Steve's fault he hasn't built a netbook machine for the rest of us who sit in Economy. This used to be the company that built the computer for the rest of us, remember? Now I guess it's all about those with their own private jets, eh?

Apple rewarded Steve with that Jet (Actually forced it on him) since he's done such a remarkable Job at turning the company around. Again he salary is only $1 yearly & he gets a bonus based on how well Apple does

Quote:

The MacBook Pro's you tell me are such road warrior machines are also 13, 15 and 17 inches in size. Again, too large - 30%, 50% and 70% larger than what I want. I don't want to travel with a machine of this heft. I used to, don't want to have to anymore. Stop trying to force me. It's my money, not yours. If Fujitsu can do it, maybe Apple can, too. Like I said: if they bothered trying.

I want a 10" netbook that runs OS X. Why do you insist on stepping on my dream? WTF, dude? A guy can't dream anymore? Not cool, man.

You can now get great taste in a decaffinated coffee

You can dream, but I ask you this, why don't you get a small team of passionate Apple enthusiast and create a solution for what your seeking if the rumored Tablet doesn't meet your needs which I doubt it will.

I encourage you to turn your dream into a reality and give something back to the industry or if your product of a 10" netbook is great, sell it to Apple.

Steve does care about us and he wouldn't have returned to apple to unleash the (iPod, Magic Mouse, MacBook Air, MagSafe connector technology, backlight keyboard, isight camera, OS X, iPhone, App Store etc...) The list of innovations could go on for months.
  • Reply 79 of 122
    Quote:

Just take a Sip and it'll ALL MAKE SENSE

• Reply 80 of 122
    Quote:

What "un-realistic reality" am I in? I am simply stating Macs are expensive and low-end computers aren't crap like you are saying.

I though you were saying more then that? Oops Apologies

I respect your opinion, but I will always think low-end non Apple Computers are Junk.

I think that cause I truly believe everyone copies Apple. We Love their products and enjoy the Culture that Steve has created.

Other companies don't put Passion into there products and don't think about the Pro's and Consumers as Apple does.

They're required to do sooooooo much to make our lives better. They've spoiled their community.