How Do I Do Full Screen In DVD Player?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay I know how to enable full screen in DVD Player, but for some reason it does not take up the full screen. Even I choose Fit To Screen it does not take up the full screen. See the picture I took below for an example.

My setup includes a Mac Mini plugged in to a Sony 40" HDTV. The Mac Mini is also plugged into a FireWire hard drive.

Any suggestions or is this just the way it is?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You probably need to play with your TV's video settings. Problem is, the video you are outputting is likely not the same size/shape as the TV screen, thus the left-over space. You can view full screen but something will get chopped, stretched, or both.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    When I played around with some of the settings on the TV it worked but then again different settings apply to different movies
  • Reply 3 of 7
    If the movie is non-anamorphic letterboxed then you'll need to use the Zoom setting on your TV.

If the movie is anamorphic widescreen, enhanced for 16x9, then you should be able to view it in Full mode without issue.

Note that not all movies have the same aspect ratio, so some may only fill the screen in one direction (ex. horizontally) and not the other.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Great! Thank you for that advice Endymion! It's to bad the TV can't automatically change it but I know that will never happen lol
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

It's to bad the TV can't automatically change it

"Too bad"?

Are you serious? Do you want disfigured objects on your screen...?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    why not try downloading VLC from videolan.org for free. This provides dvd playback and has more options for playback size etc.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

"Too bad"?

Are you serious? Do you want disfigured objects on your screen...?

I guess the fact that I was laughing out loud, you could figure I was being sarcastic?