NORAD helps children track Santa via iPhone, iPod touch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tabletop96 View Post

Umm, in the screen shot, is that an iPhone running under T-Mobile service???

That's Apple's thinking of a Christmas present
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Which is exactly what Christmas is.

FYI, Christmas is short for Christ's Mass, but Mass is about his death in April. So why do we even call it Christmas anyway? Huh???

"Christmas" is combined from "Christ" and "Mass" but "Mass" is the name for the Eucharistic celebration; generally considered to be a commemoration of the Last Supper, the final meal that Jesus Christ shared with his disciples before his arrest and eventual crucifixion. The consecration of bread and a cup within the rite recalls the moment at the Last Supper when Jesus gave his disciples bread, saying, "This is my body", and wine, saying, "This is my blood". etc., etc.

Catholic "Mass" is required to be celebrated on Christ's birthday (and Easter and every Sunday etc.), thus Christ+Mass = Christmas to set it apart from the others, just like Easter Sunday is so named.

And the reason why you should have this App to track Santa, is so he doesn't claws your chest open.

Santa is a Alien, he lays his eggs in your throat which feed off your body and grows into a snake that pops out of your chest when mature.

Then it runs off into the corners, with a team of marines following trying to kill it.

That's all you'll remember before your eyes glaze over, so be afraid, be very afraid. Feed it cookies and milk, perhaps it will go away and forget to lay his eggs.

Good night, sweet dreams.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

"Christmas" is combined from "Christ" and "Mass" but "Mass" is the name for the Eucharistic celebration; generally considered to be a commemoration of the Last Supper, the final meal that Jesus Christ shared with his disciples before his arrest and eventual crucifixion. The consecration of bread and a cup within the rite recalls the moment at the Last Supper when Jesus gave his disciples bread, saying, "This is my body", and wine, saying, "This is my blood". etc., etc.

Catholic "Mass" is required to be celebrated on Christ's birthday (and Easter and every Sunday etc.), thus Christ+Mass = Christmas to set it apart from the others, just like Easter Sunday is so named.

And the reason why you should have this App to track Santa, is so he doesn't claws your chest open.

Santa is a Alien, he lays his eggs in your throat which feed off your body and grows into a snake that pops out of your chest when mature.

Then it runs off into the corners, with a team of marines following trying to kill it.

That's all you'll remember before your eyes glaze over, so be afraid, be very afraid. Feed it cookies and milk, perhaps it will go away and forget to lay his eggs.

Good night, sweet dreams.

Interesting...

I'm going to install the app on my iTouch now! Have a nice day, whether you celebrate the Winter Solstice or Christmas.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    Quote:

Never got the point of tracking somebody that doesn't exist.

"Hey, we are using sat tech to make it seems like his location really wasn't pulled out of our ass!"

It's unbearable when watching the "news" and the "personality" reading the final "story" shows "Santa's route around the world and where he'll be tonight".

There's enough superstitious cowdung in the world, without a consipiracy of "Santa pushers" warping the minds of children.

Merry Christmas everyone (Yes I celebrate secular Christmas)

PS. Don't get me started on "Happy Holidays", lol.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    How did the " Beautiful Boobs" App make it through Apple's pristine screening censorship board?

Merry Christmas everybody!
  • Reply 26 of 36
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

These are the same fools who still can't locate Osama bin Laden, but they can locate Santa Claus.

They couldn't track the the planes that flew into World Trade Center, but they can locate something that does not exist.

It all makes sense. Government existsnot to solve problem, but rather to create illusion of solution and imaginations. That is why it is called; "The American Dream".

Screw NORAD!!!

Is Syrian Steve Jobs raised Christian or Muslim?
  • Reply 27 of 36
    You people are a bunch of ass holes, aren't you now...?
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:

Even if I had kids, I wouldn't push that bull shit on them. And no, I'm not Jewish.

If you had kids they would be pushing this bull fun on you. No, you are Amish.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by markm49uk View Post

You obviously haven't got kids - why spoil our fun ?

He was born old and senile yesterday.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    oomuoomu Posts: 130member
    evil scrooge here, you are annoying, sad and full of bitter.

-

it's very nice for the USA to put a little fun in kiddies lifes. Of course one day you have to learn, no, santa doesn't exist, but it was a good time waiting for presents.

I prefer that America than the other one you try to force upon the world : the bitter sad america.

-

>Merry Christmas everyone (Yes I celebrate secular Christmas)

I'm not religious or whatever (christ ? god ? no sir, I don't need to believe in godly christ to understand compassion ), and yeah I celebrate a family christmas of course (a quiet one, simple).

>PS. Don't get me started on "Happy Holidays", lol.

I'm not a merry person , but again : yes I have happy holidays all the time.

Yes, you should also have happy holidays and every days. It's not a crime, not shameful, not bad, you still can be loved, noone will make a fool of you , you will not be more or less cool.

-

I understand, you see tv, ads, movies, or other and you think "happy is Law and Order" , but maybe you can take the reverse : it's just people trying to ask happy for others. okay, some may want to sell you stuffs, so what ? is it so bad ? can't you just ignore them and be happy with great friends ?

it's not that bad you have to be an evil scrooge.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobringer View Post

You people are a bunch of ass holes, aren't you now...?

Either that or they are some miserable S.O.B's. Looks like a little of both.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by milerich View Post

hehe, I noticed the same thing.

Not that I don't like it, I am running under similar conditions...

iPhones only run on T-Mobile in Germany.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Does Apple allow a full multi-color logo? And it seems to be displayed too low, too. Maybe it’s a jailbroken phone? I’d have expected a “normal” T-Mobile iPhone to just display plain text for T-Mobile—the way it is with AT&T. Like this: http://stealthbravo.com/wp-content/u...e_t-mobile.jpg
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Not true.

Unlocked iPhones can run on T-Mobile USA's network although you have to use 2G for data services.

T-Mobile USA's 3G service run on incompatible frequencies.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by city View Post

Is this the same group that claims that a man walked on the moon?

You mean NASA?
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Research Shows the Importance of Imagination in Children's Cognitive Development

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...l?mod=djemWMPh

or

http://ets.dowjones.com/trk/click?re...34ba0dx141612&
  • Reply 36 of 36
    NORAD never failed on tracking the path of Santa Claus for more than 55 years. Today it has become more exciting as google joined the search. The 2010 Santa System from North American Aerospace Defense Command has large plans. You will find only a few days left until the flight starts. Here is the proof: NORDA Santa Tracker 2010 partners with Google Maps There's plenty a lot more than basic radar tracking for the flight this year. Relationships with Google Maps and local school districts ensure the Santa Tracker stays up-to-date.