Droid Survival Advice Needed

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So AT&T's craptastic network has reached a point that dropped calls and lousy service are interrupting my ability to do my job. The strongest network in the area is Verizon, which means that I'll be ringing in the new year with a Motorola Droid.

I'll miss a lot about my iPhone. I've owned three since they came out. But one thing I can't live without is my music. Thanks to iTunes Plus, my music is all encoded in DRM-free AAC files. I'm on Snow Leopard and the latest iTunes. My question is: how do I get my music onto a Droid? Does anyone have any experience with that? Is there a site that details such issues?

I wish iTunes would open up to sync with other devices, but that's not the world we live in. If wishes were horses, AT&T would have a decent network in Irving, as well, but it doesn't.

Also, after I switch my number to Verizon, my AT&T account will be closed... what will happen to my iPhone at that point? Will it still function with my WiFi, akin to an iPod Touch, or will it be bricked?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this process y'all can provide!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    As for the droid, I'm not sure how to transfer music onto it.

However, my old iphone 3G works as an ipod touch. I gave it to my son to pay games and listen to music on. Hope this is some help.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    You can maybe give DoubleTwist a try:

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

The software is designed to sync itunes content with more than ipods/iphones.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Kewl!

[edit]Daniusoft are spammers on this forum so I'm removing links to their software - it's Windows-only anyway[/edit]

Tho, you now may want to wait for Nexus One

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...180-with-plan/
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the DoubleTwist recommendation. It looks like this will help a lot!

And I wish I could wait for the Nexus One, but I need a phone that runs on Verizon, which is CDMA, and the Nexus One seems to be T-Mobile GSM.

Looks like my last hold up is that some of my iTunes music is still DRMed -- even though it's available in the Store in non-DRM formats. Anyone know why that would be? Why would some of my music not be offered to me through iTunes Plus?