App for storing sensitive information on iphone, syncs with mac.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey boys and gals, happy new year to you and your families.

I am looking for a stable and extra safe platform for my iphone and mac to store sensitive data (bank account no.s, passwords, receipts, certificates, ids, cc etc.). It will have to sync preferable over the air, have super strong encryption and allow a variety of files.

I ve really looked deep and hard for this, but I haven't come away with an impression that one is better than the other, or that enough users are vouching for it, hence I am posting to the forums for experience.

Off the top of my head what seemed to stand out was meo, lockbox and 1 password (sp?), but none was all around convincing or had enough good references.

If there are any users that have a contrarian approach to safety (the people who think a laptop with no wifi that never connects to the network being the only solution) I would love them to chime in, because it's important that we try to establish a realistic but practical approach to our data that will safeguard them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Hey boys and gals, happy new year to you and your families.

I am looking for a stable and extra safe platform for my iphone and mac to store sensitive data (bank account no.s, passwords, receipts, certificates, ids, cc etc.). It will have to sync preferable over the air, have super strong encryption and allow a variety of files.

I ve really looked deep and hard for this, but I haven't come away with an impression that one is better than the other, or that enough users are vouching for it, hence I am posting to the forums for experience.

Off the top of my head what seemed to stand out was meo, lockbox and 1 password (sp?), but none was all around convincing or had enough good references.

If there are any users that have a contrarian approach to safety (the people who think a laptop with no wifi that never connects to the network being the only solution) I would love them to chime in, because it's important that we try to establish a realistic but practical approach to our data that will safeguard them.

I have both 1Password and Splash ID. For the kind of info you're talking about I use Splash ID. It syncs over bluetooth and it seems secure enough to me, although admittedly I'm not sure what exact that entails. It doesn't allow different "files" as it's only a database of text. I'm not sure what kind of files you're talking about.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Hey admactanium, thanks these two suggestions are worthy to look at.

I am referring to photos and scans as files to be inside the vault, amongst the numbers and notes .
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Hey admactanium, thanks these two suggestions are worthy to look at.

I am referring to photos and scans as files to be inside the vault, amongst the numbers and notes .

Neither of the programs I use can store any sort of files other than their own database. You could use something like AirSharing for actual files but I had no idea how secure it really is.