Apple refuses to return repaired iPhone to owner

Comments

• Reply 161 of 189
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

The study in english is four years old, nothing newer? But then again, I don't live in England, Canada, or France, but I do know the three countries you listed all have services centres run directly by Apple. Other parts of Europe don't, and are serviced very differently.

It must be great living in a world where everyone is at your beck and call. The fact is, surveys from around the world showing that Apple has top notch customer service are all over the place, and surveys showing the opposite are hard if not impossible to find. Since it's clear that YOU are the center of the universe, we all know that no survey that doesn't include YOU and only YOU responding will never satisfy you, since you will always claim that the survey doesn't cover the Apple that YOU know. We know. It's all about you. You had terrible service from Apple. It happens. Bad luck.

I imagine it probably had something to do with you being a jerk to the customer service people, but that's just from watching you be a jerk to everyone here who has tried to answer your demanding questions only to be slapped in the face as a thank you.

Quote:

It isn't safe to assume anything.

I know one thing you've made everyone here assume....
  • Reply 162 of 189
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Caling the police and even having them do something is not the same as filing a report.

To file a report, you fill out a form with all the info (names, time, date, location) and statement in your own words of what exactly happened. Then you sign and date that form stating it is true and correct.

That is what is needed, not a record of a phone call.
  • Reply 163 of 189
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Caling the police and even having them do something is not the same as filing a report.

To file a report, you fill out a form with all the info (names, time, date, location) and statement in your own words of what exactly happened. Then you sign and date that form stating it is true and correct.

That is what is needed, not a record of a phone call.

People don't seem to understand this.
  • Reply 164 of 189
    That's actually kind of funny...
  • Reply 165 of 189
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    I didn't read the entire thread, but if this woman claims that her iPhone was stolen and now in possession of someone else, aren't there phone records that AT&T can use to verify ownership??

Isn't she still paying a iPhone phone bill from that phone number??
  • Reply 166 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

I didn't read the entire thread

Then you should first read it, especially the last few pages.
  • Reply 167 of 189
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atkins View Post

Tell me a little about your problems, I am really interested. (no irony here, just in case).

I had the system board, RAM, and Superdrive fail in my 24" iMac, and I had the System board fail in my sons MacBook (which was the fun one as they replaced the optical drive twice, before realising it was the system board, then it went in again to fix the issues caused by the system board replacement)
  • Reply 168 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Let's not feed the TROLL.

So no more replies for you then?
  • Reply 169 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

It must be great living in a world where everyone is at your beck and call. The fact is, surveys from around the world showing that Apple has top notch customer service are all over the place, and surveys showing the opposite are hard if not impossible to find. Since it's clear that YOU are the center of the universe, we all know that no survey that doesn't include YOU and only YOU responding will never satisfy you, since you will always claim that the survey doesn't cover the Apple that YOU know. We know. It's all about you. You had terrible service from Apple. It happens. Bad luck.

I wasn't the one who made the claim, if they make they claim there should be some data to back it up. Yet all we have seen is reports from the home of Apple, and a four year old document from England. If they are all over the place yet you can show me one to prove it?

I certainly haven't been the only one who has had bad service from Apple, and I certainly won't be the last. You obviously have shares in Apple, or some other finanical interest to defend them in such a way
  • Reply 170 of 189
    Quote:

I wasn't the one who made the claim, if they make they claim there should be some data to back it up. Yet all we have seen is reports from the home of Apple, and a four year old document from England. If they are all over the place yet you can show me one to prove it?

I certainly haven't been the only one who has had bad service from Apple, and I certainly won't be the last. You obviously have shares in Apple, or some other finanical interest to defend them in such a way

No shares in Apple, no financial interest whatsoever. I just don't suffer whining idiots.
  • Reply 171 of 189
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Let's not feed the TROLL.

I can't find the post, but I agree to not suffer the fool.
  • Reply 172 of 189
    Quote:

No shares in Apple, no financial interest whatsoever. I just don't suffer whining idiots.

Including yourself?
  • Reply 173 of 189
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

Unfortunately, trolls on Apple fansites is a reality.

Everyone knows Apple's record for customer service in the industry, for years now. It's no secret. You didn't even need me to throw out any numbers the way I did. To assume that customer service is superlative in the US and absolutely dismal eveywhere else, given Apple's vociferous attnetion to this aspect of their business (earning top marks several years in a row, not by accident), is completely asinine. Do you think with Apple's attention to detail, product design, and their whole attitude toward how the user should interact with tech (unparalleled in the industry), that their customer service elsewhere won't be similarly impressive??

OBVIOUSLY, there will be anecodotal evidence of poor customer service here and there. Does this even need mentioning? it would be impossible to satisfy everyone all the time. I could have received poor service as well, but that doesn't alter the big picture. When it comes to customer service, Apple is the teacher.

Frankly, trolling against Apple in 2009-2010 is about as useful as a pair of thermal underwear in Death Valley at high noon. It gets you nowhere. Envy and frustration is a hard road for some, and it's really too bad the trolls try to come to terms with it by camping an Apple fansite, pretending to play courageous contrarians.
  • Reply 174 of 189
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

I didn't read the entire thread, but if this woman claims that her iPhone was stolen and now in possession of someone else, aren't there phone records that AT&T can use to verify ownership??

Isn't she still paying a iPhone phone bill from that phone number??

the bill is connected to the number which, now several weeks after the theft, has likely been moved to another device. perhaps because the phone was stolen, perhaps because she sold it. from Apple's point of view, who knows.

Quote:

the same can be said of any company. just as all companies have bad units ship etc.

but for every one bad report re: Apple there's at least one good report. in most cases there's more like 10 good reports. Unlike some other companies where for every one good report there are 10 bad ones
  • Reply 175 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

but for every one bad report re: Apple there's at least one good report. in most cases there's more like 10 good reports. Unlike some other companies where for every one good report there are 10 bad ones

Actually the customer service metric is the other way around, if a company gives poor service people tend to tell 10 others of that poor service, if they provide good service they tend to tell maybe one person
  • Reply 176 of 189
    Quote:

Actually the customer service metric is the other way around, if a company gives poor service people tend to tell 10 others of that poor service, if they provide good service they tend to tell maybe one person

In that case we shouldn't be surprised at Apple's terrible performance over the past 10 years. Go complain to Apple, stop complaining to a computer screen.
  • Reply 177 of 189
    Quote:

In that case we shouldn't be surprised at Apple's terrible performance over the past 10 years. Go complain to Apple, stop complaining to a computer screen.

Already done that
  • Reply 178 of 189
    Quote:

Already done that

You mean you did the first part but not the second part...

• Reply 179 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

You mean you did the first part but not the second part...

I will when the rest of you do.
  • Reply 180 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

If the facts of the story are accurate then Apple is being obtuse. All Apple needs to do is ask the person who brought the phone in for service for a bill of sale from the original owner. This is not exactly rocket science. I can understand Apple being cautious but this is ridiculous IMHO.

As far as Apple can know, this person sold the iPhone to someone else and is now trying to pull something to get it back, now IF Apple really talked to to the police then perhaps there is an issue here.