User interest, satisfaction in Android approaching the iPhone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Eric is CEO of Google which makes Android and also the Chrome browser that's hurting Apple.

John Sculley made some fatal mistakes at Apple, got Steve ousted, made deals with Microsoft and ruined the company.

Both are human trojans and not the condom types neither.

You're being silly. Google is a competitor for Apple of course, but also a partner and the most powerful internet company on the planet. Apple needs to be the very best of pals with Google, it absolutely cannot afford to alienate them.

And for what it's worth, have you used Chrome? It's the best browser out there. Lightning fast and now with extensions too.
  • Reply 22 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beingnickb View Post

And Jobs is flawless? Pretty sure it was Jobs that gave Microsoft the original Macs to develop software for. Pretty sure it was Jobs who jacked the entire corporate culture at Apple and got himself ousted. Pretty sure it was Jobs that made a deal again with Microsoft in 1997.

But it was also Jobs that restored Apple.

I realize this is an Apple blog site and so it is stocked full of Apple fanboys, but let's show at least a little objectivity.

Amen.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fishstick_kitty View Post

the big weaknesses are that the droid OS update process is clunky and the app distribution is less controlled...so satisfaction may go down once people start seeing where these processes aren't as streamlined.

Sounds good but also:

Apple has 30 million phones out there. Android has .5 million and even less of the latest versions. So if 6 early tech buyers buy android and like it, its high satisfaction.

But what happens when 4 million have them and most of those people are non technical??

Also, iPhone is AT&T only. Android seems to be running on every system. All the same quality, different phones, different likes and dislikes????

It will be interesting to see where we are next year!!

Just a thought,

en
  • Reply 23 of 52
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
  • Reply 25 of 52
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Lets see how this changes when the next revision of iPhone is released.

Cupertino, start your copiers!
  • Reply 26 of 52
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beingnickb View Post

And Jobs is flawless? Pretty sure it was Jobs that gave Microsoft the original Macs to develop software for. Pretty sure it was Jobs who jacked the entire corporate culture at Apple and got himself ousted. Pretty sure it was Jobs that made a deal again with Microsoft in 1997.

But it was also Jobs that restored Apple.

I realize this is an Apple blog site and so it is stocked full of Apple fanboys, but let's show at least a little objectivity.

Don't forget that Jobs bought Pixar and turned it into a success by selling it to Disney.

What has Sculley accomplished since Pepsi? nada.

"Sugar water salesman" that's what Sculley was and should have remained.

Bad move by Steve, ditto for Eric.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

Second Droid is on Verizon. People who are buying are the male-techy types and those who been waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon. These customers are getting and impatient so they choose the next best thing. Also wait till they really see how unintuitive Android really is!!

That's what I was thinking, too. Was this really a survey of preferences between Android and the iPhone? Or was it reflective of people who aren't on ATT knowing that Android was their best choice? So if you are on Verizon and not intending on switching, and know you can't get an iPhone, you wouldn't say you were planning on getting one.
  • Reply 28 of 52
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:

Don't forget that Jobs bought Pixar and turned it into a success by selling it to Disney.

Jobs didn't turn Pixar into a success by selling it to Disney. He turned Pixar into a success and then sold it to Disney.

There is a big difference. One of just being a good salesman vs actually building a successful company.
  • Reply 29 of 52
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Pedantically speaking, Jobs made his $10M purchase from Lucas a success long before he sold it to Disney.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    quantzquantz Posts: 94member
    During his tenure, Sculley increased Apple's sales from $800 million to $8 billion.
  • Reply 31 of 52
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    I'm always surprised by RIM's numbers. Relatively low satisfaction and yet their sales go from strength to strength. Even in this survey, the number of people intending to buy a Blackberry is up.
  • Reply 32 of 52
    Quote:

What has Sculley accomplished since Pepsi? nada.

"Sugar water salesman" that's what Sculley was and should have remained.

Bad move by Steve, ditto for Eric.

Apparently we are all also choosing to forget Frank Amelio?
  • Reply 33 of 52
    kozchriskozchris Posts: 209member
    Wish Apple could get out of their exclusive AT&T contract already and get some more U.S. market share.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I'm always surprised by RIM's numbers. Relatively low satisfaction and yet their sales go from strength to strength. Even in this survey, the number of people intending to buy a Blackberry is up.

RIM's customers aren't really the end users. It's the network admins and business people who buy them for their offices. They have different requirements. End users love apples phone, but enterprises don't yet. RIM is in basically the opposite situation.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    morkymorky Posts: 200member
    Quote:

Eric is CEO of Google which makes Android and also the Chrome browser that's hurting Apple.

John Sculley made some fatal mistakes at Apple, got Steve ousted, made deals with Microsoft and ruined the company.

Both are human trojans and not the condom types neither.

Chrome is good for Safari and Apple. Webkit market share is what is important (as long as there is not a full-on fork in the code base), because that means developer mindshare. The fact that developers will need to test for Webkit compatibility is an awesome thing for Apple, something I thought they would never achieve.

I agree Android is hurting Apple more that it is helping, but Google purchased Android years before the iPhone was announced, so I'm not sure where they were in development before the iPhone.
  • Reply 36 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newwavedave View Post

Don't show this satisfaction survey to the multiple 'droid users that I have recently sold iPhones to. Some of them said they were going to take them outside and smash them.

I have also had the same experience with some people that used the iPhone, Pre and G1 products. All platforms will have their crowd of those who don't like them after they bought them.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    I love the iPhone. I also want it's competitor to be strong so Apple will always be

on its toes. On the other hand being a developer I also enjoy two strong markets to capitalize from.
  • Reply 38 of 52
    I think it's great to see more and more people who are very satisfied with the product they've chosen, whatever that product is.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I have also had the same experience with some people that used the iPhone, Pre and G1 products. All platforms will have their crowd of those who don't like them after they bought them.

Very true, but that has never stopped trolls from using such anecdotal stories as "proof" of their biased statements for or against the device in question. It's one of the reasons I no longer pay any attention to user reviews of tech. User reviews cannot be trusted as authentic or without hidden agendas. I still snicker when I recall the literally hundreds of negative user reviews of the iPhone before it was even available for purchase.
  • Reply 40 of 52
    foljsfoljs Posts: 390member
    Quote:

What about that environmental fraud Al Gore and his three, yes three! 30" monitors?

You seem confused... Do you believe that monitor power consumption plays a big role in environmental damage?

In fact ALL HOME POWER CONSUMPTION, including monitors, fridges and air-conditioners amounts to something around 25% of the general power consumption in the US (according to the statistics).

Manufacturing, enterprises, public sector, cars etc consume the other 75%.

That puts mr. Gore's share is around 0.00000000000000001%