Dumb question...Black or Silver?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I realize that asking this question is silly, and there are are more important issues out there, and I know it's totally a subjective thing, but I just purchased a new silver iPod Classic, which so far I love. I picked silver because it reminded me of my old 20GB Gen4, and the stronger contrast seemed to make the click wheel easier to see. I thought that while the black one looked cool, the black color might show scratches more, and the black on charcoal click wheel didn't show up as much. Now I'm starting to wonder if the sliver is going to attract dirt more, and now that I think of it, my old white click wheel did get pretty dirty. How easy is it to clean the new iPods click wheels and surface, and how scratch resistant is the anodized color?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Well, since you're asking this question it's likely you really want something that stands out but you're afraid of it looking "gay". All of the latest iPod colors are super durable. They don't get dirty easily. They don't scratch easily. Don't be afraid. Go for the pink. If you can't take that step yet go for the silver. The black is a pussy move.

• Reply 2 of 2
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Well, since you're asking this question it's likely you really want something that stands out but you're afraid of it looking "gay". All of the latest iPod colors are super durable. They don't get dirty easily. They don't scratch easily. Don't be afraid. Go for the pink. If you can't take that step yet go for the silver. The black is a pussy move.

Yeah, ask a stupid question, get a... just wondered about scratchability of the finish since I'm hard on things and my obviously more scratchable all-plastic Gen 4 was bad (eventhough I used a case), though being white the body didn't show too much as the silver metal back.

I'm looking at the Classic, not Fruit-of-the-Loom colored Nano.