Google hit with flood of Nexus One complaints

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

"Google support forums are awash with people looking for help for problems with their Nexus One phones -- and unable to find it," Nancy Gohring reports for IDG News Service.

"Google is selling the phone directly to end-users. That means many users are turning to it first, and the search giant doesn't have the kind of customer support that mobile-phone users are accustomed to.," Gohring reports. "Google appears to be only accepting e-mail customer queries, to which it pledges to reply in one to two days -- far too long, say most people who are complaining online."

Gohring reports, "Many people are also turning to T-Mobile and HTC, but getting little help there. T-Mobile is often referring people back to either Google or HTC for answers to questions. HTC is often referring people back to T-Mobile, according to complaints online... One customer going by the name Roland78 said he was transferred between T-Mobile and HTC four times, spending a total of one-and-a-half hours on the phone with customer service."

"Several people on one thread regarding poor 3G performance on the phone report being told by HTC customer service people that the Nexus One doesn't support 3G, although the phone does. Another got an e-mail response in five hours from Google suggesting that the user try restarting the phone to see if that solves the problem," Gohring reports.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18639...omplaints.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    asianbobasianbob Posts: 797member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

"Google support forums are awash with people looking for help for problems with their Nexus One phones -- and unable to find it," Nancy Gohring reports for IDG News Service.

"Google is selling the phone directly to end-users. That means many users are turning to it first, and the search giant doesn't have the kind of customer support that mobile-phone users are accustomed to.," Gohring reports. "Google appears to be only accepting e-mail customer queries, to which it pledges to reply in one to two days -- far too long, say most people who are complaining online."

Gohring reports, "Many people are also turning to T-Mobile and HTC, but getting little help there. T-Mobile is often referring people back to either Google or HTC for answers to questions. HTC is often referring people back to T-Mobile, according to complaints online... One customer going by the name Roland78 said he was transferred between T-Mobile and HTC four times, spending a total of one-and-a-half hours on the phone with customer service."

"Several people on one thread regarding poor 3G performance on the phone report being told by HTC customer service people that the Nexus One doesn't support 3G, although the phone does. Another got an e-mail response in five hours from Google suggesting that the user try restarting the phone to see if that solves the problem," Gohring reports.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18639...omplaints.html

404 Page Not Found from your link.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

404 Page Not Found from your link.

Fixed. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I just picked one up today. So far so good, the 3G reception is on par with my iPhone. I really like the phone. My iPhone was on it's last legs and it was a real close race between the Nokia N900, the Droid and Google phone. Google phone won because it was the smallest of the three and I'm a sucker for hyped up gizmos.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I doubt the failure rate is any different from any other phone. The lack of support is worrysome, but will probably be taken care of over time.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I just picked one up today. So far so good, the 3G reception is on par with my iPhone. I really like the phone. My iPhone was on it's last legs and it was a real close race between the Nokia N900, the Droid and Google phone. Google phone won because it was the smallest of the three and I'm a sucker for hyped up gizmos.

Keep us updated on how you like it. Probably going to grab one when its available on Verizon.

Speaking of Verizon, with the Palm Pre Plus, Nexus One, and rumors of the iPhone coming, I'm actually happy for once to be on Verizon. Although I can't say I've ever complained about 3G availability.