protect itunes files

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a rather big (300gb) library that I have spend a month organizing, finding several that I am sure had available years ago no longer exist ant that most probably have been erased by mistake. Is there a way to protect such files, Can somebody share with me how hey personally protect there libraries?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Backups, just like every other file
  • Reply 2 of 2
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by valdesan View Post

I have a rather big (300gb) library that I have spend a month organizing, finding several that I am sure had available years ago no longer exist ant that most probably have been erased by mistake. Is there a way to protect such files, Can somebody share with me how hey personally protect there libraries?

I feel your pain. My Library is over 1 TB and I would love it if there was a way to lock playlists.

I've submitted the feedback to Apple several times over the last years but they have yet to implement it.

I submitted feedback to the group that make Songbird and they implemented it right away! It's an add on like most Firefox stuff but it's not compatible with the latest version yet. I don't want to use Songbird as I have no idea if it can handle a huge library and it's also not compatible with the iPhone.