Mac Mail 2.1.3

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I keep getting a message asking for my password for mac mail and I have forgoten it!

What can I do?

Bennyvdb

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bennyvdb View Post

I keep getting a message asking for my password for mac mail and I have forgoten it!

What can I do?

Bennyvdb

You don't say where your email account is (Apple, Google, Yahoo, etc.), but any of those will have mechanisms for recovering a forgotten password (the password isn't unique to Apple's Mail client, it just passes it along to whichever server the account is on).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    From time to time, I get a message from my ISP, Comcast, for my password. I just ignore the message, delete it, and nothing bad happens. My mail still unloads.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You don't say where your email account is (Apple, Google, Yahoo, etc.), but any of those will have mechanisms for recovering a forgotten password (the password isn't unique to Apple's Mail client, it just passes it along to whichever server the account is on).

My mail account is with NTLworld/Virgin, but it doesn't clear it with their password.

i think it may have been with Mobile me, which I cancelled.

I still get all my mail but this damn thing keep popping up and stopping everything ever 5 secs. I have to press cancel to start again?

bennyvdb
  • Reply 4 of 5
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    It's been my experience that when Mail doesn't get a response from the mail server it assumes the password is wrong and asks you to enter it again. Rather fscking stupid on Mails part. Very annoying.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Trouble is I am not a touch typist and can't see when thre pop-up password request is there and I am just typing into it and it stops everything?