Itunes 10

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anybody know when Itunes 10 will be coming out? And will it help with genius because I still have some songs that have not been able to come up with a playlist for about a year now? I would really like genius to become better even though it is already awesome.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnetteGlamour View Post

you dont need sp3 because i only have sp2 .....

Any particular reason why all your posts are a bit... rubbish?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Any particular reason why all your posts are a bit... rubbish?

Ohhhhhhh, snap.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    This thread is terrifying. It's like the voices of damned, faintly heard through the walls.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    iTunes 10 should be iTunes pretty much as is but completely rewritten for speed and managing larger libraries. It's has become bloated and slow, and this is sad. They need to address this, and not merely in a Steve Jobs marketing dance, but in a real code major release.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daviddean View Post

Hello,

Many users have upgraded to the new version of iTunes, and are reaping the benefits of the gleaming new upgrade. Home Sharing, Genius Mixes, and tighter integration with the iPhone OS make it a worthwhile upgrade.

Tools like Spotlight, Automator, the iLife suite, Safari, and the “Core” technologies all built into each new Mac have redefined how many use their computer. We can only hope that iTunes X will have the same effect, redefining how we use our media

Take a bottle of whiskey and drink it quite quickly indeed.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

iTunes 10 should be iTunes pretty much as is but completely rewritten for speed and managing larger libraries. It's has become bloated and slow, and this is sad. They need to address this, and not merely in a Steve Jobs marketing dance, but in a real code major release.

I agree. As to the original poster's question to when it will be out, the day its released.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I would have to agree whole heartily. I have an iMac G5 20" 2.1GHz with 2.5 GBs of memory as a dedicated iTunes jukebox with a rather large library of music and it is snail slow

Sad thing thing though, I'm willing to bet the new version of iTunes will be Intel only. One these days I will get the new iMac 27" with a 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Core i7 and maxed out to 16 GBs of memory