iPhone 4g dedicated camera shutter button

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I would really like to see this- a single button on the side of the iphone under your right index finger if you turn the phone sideways, that brings up the camera app from any state the phone is in. It would be nice to just take out your phone and hit the shutter button, knowing the camera was loading up. It is just inconvenient to have to go in, and click the app for shots on the go.

I really don't like the idea of another external button on the phone, but I think this would bre really useful. anyone agree?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

I would really like to see this- a single button on the side of the iphone under your right index finger if you turn the phone sideways, that brings up the camera app from any state the phone is in. It would be nice to just take out your phone and hit the shutter button, knowing the camera was loading up. It is just inconvenient to have to go in, and click the app for shots on the go.

I really don't like the idea of another external button on the phone, but I think this would bre really useful. anyone agree?

I have my home button set for a double click to open the camera app :-/
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

I have my home button set for a double click to open the camera app :-/

You can do that?

Dude- you could have pm'd me instead of making me look like an idiot.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    There's a download on the Cydia store that lets you take pictures by having the camera open and hitting up on the volume buttons. It be nice if Apple integrated that into the Camera app for iPhone OS 4.0.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

There's a download on the Cydia store that lets you take pictures by having the camera open and hitting up on the volume buttons. It be nice if Apple integrated that into the Camera app for iPhone OS 4.0.

This. Its utterly simple and interferes in no way with the rest of the phone.