UK iTunes content

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anyone know if the Uk iTunes content will match the USA, with the apple TV, sounds great download a movie watch it.... oh I forgot live in the UK .. TV shows, films not here !

Does anyone have any info on future content ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post

Does anyone know if the Uk iTunes content will match the USA, with the apple TV, sounds great download a movie watch it.... oh I forgot live in the UK .. TV shows, films not here !

Does anyone have any info on future content ?

No one really knows. It's been about 18 months since Apple introduced TV shows on iTS, and so far, the US is the only place that you can get them. It doesn't look like they're in a rush to get to the rest of the world.

I did discover the other day that if you buy an iTunes music card in the US, that you can use it to access the US iTS (which will get you video). So if you have friends or family living in the US, just get them to post you a US$25 gift card from their local Walmart every once in a while.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ukuserukuser Posts: 39member
    Sometime in 2007 the UK and other countries should be getting Movies. TV shows are much harder as the BBC and Channel 4 both have their own ways of selling their programmes online. The BBCs service fully launches later this year and Channel 4 has 4OnDemand.

However i read somewhere that it is now legally possible to sell movies and tvshows online in the UK, this was only made possible mid/late 2006.

So hopefully we in the UK will have movies by the middle of 2007!

If not just rip your dvds using handbrake!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

No one really knows. It's been about 18 months since Apple introduced TV shows on iTS, and so far, the US is the only place that you can get them. It doesn't look like they're in a rush to get to the rest of the world.

I did discover the other day that if you buy an iTunes music card in the US, that you can use it to access the US iTS (which will get you video). So if you have friends or family living in the US, just get them to post you a US$25 gift card from their local Walmart every once in a while.

I have the same problem, but I live in Sweden. I have been using US iTunes Gift Cards that I get from a fellow swede living in the US. Really good service, and the cards are 100% legit. There is a step by step instruction here http://itunes-giftcards.com