Steve Jobs: Apple at $50 billion annually but just getting started

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mi_sat View Post

Ummmmm. $50 Billion in revenue, not earnings.

Join the group that's beating their heads against a wall.....

AI is totally recalcitrant and obtuse on something as basic and stupid as this! Ridiculous.....

AI:
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icyfog View Post

If any company can successfully deploy a device in a category that's hounded by failure, it's Apple.

Yeah my credit card is ready to be charged!
  • Reply 23 of 31
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

50 BILLION A YEAR!!!!!!!! ... and they still can't develop a graphic's driver that doesn't completely suck?

Who wants to bet that Apple announces they will no longer make a tower? Actually, who want's to bet they announce that they will no longer be developing OSX for desktop computers - to solely focus on the mobile market?

Cuz i'm willing to bet the graphics on the iSlab will outperform any Mac Pro sporting a $1000 video card by %800... just like a Commodore 64 can...

Seriously thou... Snow Leopard is a joke. My PPC G5 from 2004 gets better video performance in some situations

You would think that with 50 Billion a year, they could afford to put a little R&D into their flagship OS and bring it up to at least 2008 industry standards.

Learn how to spell! CUZ is not a word! Apparently you are one of the gifted individuals that doesn't know the difference between revenue and earnings. Go back to school in the short-bus.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mi_sat View Post

Ummmmm. $50 Billion in revenue, not earnings.

What's funny is that it is wrong in the first paragraph, but correct in the second paragraph.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Join the group that's beating their heads against a wall.....

AI is totally recalcitrant and obtuse on something as basic and stupid as this! Ridiculous.....

AI:

They never claimed to be smart.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Actually, I was just thinking the other day, if I was in charge at Apple, I'd get some more graphics driver developers because Apple's graphics drivers really do suck.

Maybe they can just buy nvidia or something.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    What was the tablet device Jack Bauer had on 24 on Monday night? All the other gadgets on that show are Apple.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    That's almost Microsoft numbers!
  • Reply 29 of 31
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

50 BILLION A YEAR!!!!!!!! ... and they still can't develop a graphic's driver that doesn't completely suck?

Who wants to bet that Apple announces they will no longer make a tower? Actually, who want's to bet they announce that they will no longer be developing OSX for desktop computers - to solely focus on the mobile market?

Cuz i'm willing to bet the graphics on the iSlab will outperform any Mac Pro sporting a $1000 video card by %800... just like a Commodore 64 can...

Seriously thou... Snow Leopard is a joke. My PPC G5 from 2004 gets better video performance in some situations

You would think that with 50 Billion a year, they could afford to put a little R&D into their flagship OS and bring it up to at least 2008 industry standards.

the desk top model is obsolete

it has been for 3 months

the mini server killed it

the world just went mobile

get over it

and yes 5obn a tear could do a lot to make the osx better
  • Reply 30 of 31
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

What was the tablet device Jack Bauer had on 24 on Monday night? All the other gadgets on that show are Apple.

Hmm, I didn't notice it - now I'll have to go back to the Tivo and check.

I thought Cisco had a lot of stuff on the show too.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasein View Post

How/where does that place Apple among other technology companies in terms of revenue and market capitalization?

Here's the market capitalization on NASDAQ and NYSE of a few technology companies, but I don't have numbers for revenue and earnings. I'm not sure what other companies to include.

In $Billions

262.4 Microsoft

185.5 Apple

172.5 Google

164.7 IBM

118.0 Hewlett Packard

110.4 Intel

26.53 Dell

22.42 Yahoo

7.155 Sun Microsystems

5.703 AMD

149.9 AT&T