Google Voice for iPhone via Web here!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just want people to know that Google voice came out with a web version for the iPhone this very morning.



http://www.google.com/mobile/voice/





Just scroll down to the bottom and click the link.





Hopefully this post won't run afoul of the mods, this isn't a paid app far as I know, but if it does, please accept my apologies a head of time.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,989member
    This has been out for quite some time, it's not good enough for all the whiners who want to do it via an App.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post


    I just want people to know that Google voice came out with a web version for the iPhone this very morning.



    http://www.google.com/mobile/voice/





    Just scroll down to the bottom and click the link.





    Hopefully this post won't run afoul of the mods, this isn't a paid app far as I know, but if it does, please accept my apologies a head of time.



  • Reply 3 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,744member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


    This has been out for quite some time, it's not good enough for all the whiners who want to do it via an App.



    Please try hard to stick to facts you are actually aware of.



    This was released today.



    While they may be whiners, in your valuable and worthwhile opinion, others might say they are simply asking for a better user experience than a webapp can deliver.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I had to refresh a couple times to see the new interface. Very very slick for a web app. The home page bookmark is very nice too, better than most bookmark icons.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,989member
    I'm sure I saw it last week as I was checking it's availability in Australia from a HTC Magic.



    btw it's still US only.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post


    Please try hard to stick to facts you are actually aware of.



    This was released today.



    While they may be whiners, in your valuable and worthwhile opinion, others might say they are simply asking for a better user experience than a webapp can deliver.



  • Reply 6 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,744member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


    I'm sure I saw it last week as I was checking it's availability in Australia from a HTC Magic.



    btw it's still US only.



    Yes, it is still US only. Another irrelevant bit of trivia...thanks.



    Whatever you saw last week was either the old mobile web page or possibly an early leak of the announcement. In either case, it was not the availability of the webapp that released yesterday. That was released yesterday...not quite some time ago.
Sign In or Register to comment.