iPod touch sales spike 55%; Mac strong in education, overseas

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    icyfogicyfog Posts: 338member
    Well it's good to hear about Macs' penetration into the education market. However in one of the Apple-related blogs to which I subscribe, there was a post about how the a Toronto school system was going back to PCs.

The reason or reasons the school system gave seemed pretty bogus to me though.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    motleemotlee Posts: 122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icyfog View Post

Well it's good to hear about Macs' penetration into the education market. However in one of the Apple-related blogs to which I subscribe, there was a post about how the a Toronto school system was going back to PCs.

The reason or reasons the school system gave seemed pretty bogus to me though.

I saw that article. I dont think the reasons are bogus necessarily. Toronto School board is simply trying to find ways to cut costs. They are not replacing the Macs they currently have, just not buying new ones for anything other than classes that involve the arts.

My guess is the board contains at least 1 troll who simply looks at Macs for their initial cost and not the long-term benefits.

From what I recall there was one sensible board member who thinks the kids need to be exposed to more than one platform, and I couldnt agree with him/her more.

Nice post.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    motleemotlee Posts: 122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

so are ipod touches counted as a phone or a pod ??

They are different hardware that run the same OS. Similiar to Mac OS X is the same OS whether it's on Mac Pro or MBA, for lack of a better example.