Name? I think it's gonna be MacBook

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I've had this theory for a while, and it's basically because it's very weird for Apple to have the current 13-inch MacBook and the 13-inch MacBook Pro being sold in 2 different families of notebooks considering the fact they are more or less the same machines. Prior to the aluminum macbook being called a pro, the qualifications for the MacBook Pro moniker were a higher price, larger screen, and a discrete graphics card. The current naming scheme makes little sense, but if the tablet replaced the current macbook then it would explain why the aluminum macbook became a "pro"

what do ya think it'll be called?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swimer15715 View Post

I've had this theory for a while, and it's basically because it's very weird for Apple to have the current 13-inch MacBook and the 13-inch MacBook Pro being sold in 2 different families of notebooks considering the fact they are more or less the same machines. Prior to the aluminum macbook being called a pro, the qualifications for the MacBook Pro moniker were a higher price, larger screen, and a discrete graphics card. The current naming scheme makes little sense, but if the tablet replaced the current macbook then it would explain why the aluminum macbook became a "pro"

what do ya think it'll be called?

Nah. Steve is going to want to differentiate this product away from his laptops. He's gonna name it something else. What name? It's still up in the air.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    It's not a Mac, though. It's a book. An iBook.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

I'd say, like the iPhone, it'll be running a modified version of OS X...and I think to make it useful at all (and to justify it's price) it'd need to be able to do a large portion of what a mac could do....an enlarged iphone would not be at all practical...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I'd love for it to be called MacTouch.

I'm imagining Apple will most likely push this toward the Mac line as opposed to the iPhone or iPod lines.

MacTouch

MacTouch Pro (eventually... lol)

I say this because I believe the tablet will truly mark the next generation of Mac OS. Taking inspiration from both Mac OS, and iPhone OS. Probably calling it Mac OS Touch, or Mac OS 11. (hey now!)

Oh man I can't wait to be disappointed tomorrow. lol I'm probably most interested in seeing what cool gestures Apple's come up with. I was thinking about a five figure pinch to close apps would be cool. Like your crushing a piece of paper.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    No, it won't replace the Macbook. You close a laptop like a book.... Macbook. You can't close a tablet.

Nice try.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

The Booklet? i like that name
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The Tabloid

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01...nfirms_tablet/

listen to Terry at the end of video and call if by its real name...twice.