Comments

• Reply 61 of 137
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

Yes. Because it's on 'steroids'

Let's count how many time Steve says "iPhone on steroids" today,
  • Reply 62 of 137
    Based upon that one pic, provided it's real, it is one ugly device.
  • Reply 63 of 137
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

[CENTER]Really... How can you even tell given that the only part of the device truly exposed is the display?

The edges of the device are obviously hidden behind a security plate of some sort held down by tamper-proof fasteners.

From what can be seen, accompanied by what has been written, it'll look like nothing more than a Super-Sized iPhone 2g.

3.5 hours and counting.[/CENTER]
  • Reply 64 of 137
    neilmneilm Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

I'm guessing this is a legit prototype. Hence the small weird silver circle things on the bezel.

Those are security screws that require a special matching three-prong tool to remove. The heavy frame—notice the thickness of the cutout for the Home button—is simply a security measure that would either make it impractical to conceal and carry the prototype, or perhaps securely fixes it to a workbench.

Assuming the photo is legit, of course. It does look pretty convincing, but then so does lots of faked stuff on the net. Still, it looks about right and is consistent with the device's intended uses.
  • Reply 65 of 137
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]Really... How can you even tell given that the only part of the device truly exposed is the display?

The edges of the device are obviously hidden behind a security plate of some sort held down by tamper-proof fasteners.

From what can be seen, accompanied by what has been written, it'll look like nothing more than a Super-Sized iPhone 2g.[/CENTER]

Right. It's clearly bolted into a security frame with those special 3-dot security screws.
  • Reply 66 of 137
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomHicks View Post

Clearly it is not "bolted down" as some people are claiming. Unless they bolted it down on the piss on purpose.

Surely the bolted-down theory explains the presence of all those bolts?

C.
  • Reply 67 of 137
    I'm amazed at this leak.. Its about as good as the Mirror Door leak.. Sneaky photo in what seems the center of Apple headquarters. I love it!
  • Reply 68 of 137
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    aaaaaaaghhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!@ so excited i ate my credit cards, now what the hell am i gonna do? aaaaah!
  • Reply 69 of 137
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

It's either bolted down or it's a security anti-theft/ anti-tamper bezel.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

There are explanations for this. You couldn't read any of the thread before posting? I know you're not the only one, just the latest in a long line. Still, it doesn't hurt to skim the first couple pages of posts.
  • Reply 70 of 137
    Someone call Steve for me.... iSlate, iPad, iTablet. It doesn't really matter what they call it because I've already christened it the...

iMegaPhone

• Reply 71 of 137
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Right. It's clearly bolted into a security frame with those special 3-dot security screws.

it's bolted into a security frame which is fastened to a cable like a kensington lock or something.

The case just allows access to the buttons and ports without being able to nick it.
  • Reply 72 of 137
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

What is with the late white blocks?

The ones blocking out the photographers face in the reflection?
  • Reply 73 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mi_nielsen View Post

Hi

How about it having magic mouse controls on its back. So when you hold it in reading position you can use gestures with all 10 fingers on its back.

Also when on a table top it will switch landscape/portrait based on how the webcam see your face.

This will be so cool for games. Like fly/drive/1st person shooters where you hold it in both hands. If it has GPS and compas you can have a shooter game where you need to move around physically.

Also please make a super GPS app where you can buy maps from the app/content store.

Regards

I think that would just make it super susceptible to being dropped a lot.
  • Reply 74 of 137
    My predictions, on the last few hours of the pre-Tablet era.

http://bit.ly/cdWBaG
  • Reply 75 of 137
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Pictures are obviously a prototype model and are not reflective of actual size screen.

Often it's easier to work with a larger version as the electronics are all hand assembled, then scale down in factory production where robots and miniaturization takes over.

I wouldn't call this a fake, but it's really nothing to even bother about as it shows nothing informative.

Most likely a planned leak from Apple.
  • Reply 76 of 137
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    If the iPhone ASP is $620, why would Apple want to sell this for less?
  • Reply 77 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

and i'm sure the healthy pr0n industry will find uses!

So, like the iPhone 3G[s] has an oleo-resistant coating on the screen, this pr0n friendly device will have some similar coating?

(was that out of line?)
  • Reply 78 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

C.

Well the bolts aren't very good then, as it clearly moves from one picture to another.
  • Reply 79 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamthompson3232 View Post

If these specs are true this thing is going to be amazing. Love the solar recharging and everything else discussed in this article!

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/tech...ce=yahoo_quote

Maybe you should have read the article ..

"Also, Calacanis is known for anti-Apple rants and has pulled pranks on the blogosphere in the past. He did not post anything about the tablet on his personal site, calacanis.com."

On another note this is a testing platform, I love all the people that think that this is "it", the only thing being tested there most likely is the touch screen, they need a housing for it that's all.

Did we really think it would look like anything other then a big iPhone, really?
  • Reply 80 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

It could be SJ leaking all these photos LOL