Purported Apple tablet pictures leak at last minute

Comments

• Reply 81 of 137
    Well obviously its going to be based on the iphone os. Apple created that os to be used on... touch screens. You're not going to get snow leopard redone to be used on a touch screen. But that doesn't mean its going to be limited device. Today is the day the iPhone OS grows up. I can pretty safely assume that the os on the tablet will be much more advanced than the os on the iphone. Think of all the new gestures you can do now that it has a 10 inch screen. Not to mention multitasking, maybe multiple apps all up at once? The possibilities are incredibly exciting, and I can't wait to see the real deal.

But don't go around whining "It's not OS X! There is no optical drive! It's so limited and useless and expensive" WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Shut up and don't buy one then.
  • Reply 82 of 137
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

Yes. Because it's on 'steroids'

TabrRoid.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

and likely the magsafe charger.

I think that is a bad move since you don't want the prevent the cable from popping out as it's likely going to be in your hands. It's surely to be an accessory to your PC, not a replacement..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveyJJ View Post

The ones blocking out the photographers face in the reflection?

Thanks. Too busy this morning to read article, if it was mentioned, just skimmed the comments a bit.
  • Reply 83 of 137
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philbot View Post

it's bolted into a security frame which is fastened to a cable like a kensington lock or something.

The case just allows access to the buttons and ports without being able to nick it.

Right, we're saying the same thing.
  • Reply 84 of 137
    Wonder if there is any significance to the location in the maps app? Looked at it in google earth: Charolette Amalie, US VI. That pin takes you to a picture of a bell called "Pass and Stow"
  • Reply 85 of 137
    Let it run Kurzweil's Blio.
  • Reply 86 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tapplet View Post

Ladies and Gentlemen...

But that's no reason to be left out of what could easily be the most useful, most used, most you-gotta-have-this device, anywhere, at anytime, maybe, in the history of man -- the start of a new decade ushers in the beginning of a new, exciting era of mobility --

The prophet Dr. Seuss fortold this event. It's a Thneed! A thing that everyone needs!
  • Reply 87 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

On another note this is a testing platform, I love all the people that think that this is "it", the only thing being tested there most likely is the touch screen, they need a housing for it that's all.

If they were testing the touchscreen only, would they really need the cutouts in the frame for the home button and the (possible) camera?
  • Reply 88 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by will2 View Post

The prophet Dr. Seuss fortold this event. It's a Thneed! A thing that everyone needs!

Hahaha. Yes!

They should call it the iThneed. Everyone needs 2!
  • Reply 89 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomHicks View Post

If they were testing the touchscreen only, would they really need the cutouts in the frame for the home button and the (possible) camera?

To test the screen.

Nope that's really it, it's 2 inches thick, surrounded by torque screws and no way to actually rest your hands on it to type, you win a cigar
  • Reply 90 of 137
    Quote:

Maybe you should have read the article ..

"Also, Calacanis is known for anti-Apple rants and has pulled pranks on the blogosphere in the past. He did not post anything about the tablet on his personal site, calacanis.com."

On another note this is a testing platform, I love all the people that think that this is "it", the only thing being tested there most likely is the touch screen, they need a housing for it that's all.

Did we really think it would look like anything other then a big iPhone, really?

He has 93,000 Twitter followers, do you think it would benefit him to mislead everyone on such a grand scale? Not likely.
  • Reply 91 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by estolinski View Post

Wonder if there is any significance to the location in the maps app? Looked at it in google earth: Charolette Amalie, US VI. That pin takes you to a picture of a bell called "Pass and Stow"

National Treasure 2

The secret lies with Charolette!!!!
  • Reply 92 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Cool - must admit had not seen that before - not a bad idea.
  • Reply 93 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

He has 92,000 Twitter followers, do you think it would benefit him to lie to everyone on such a grand scale? Not likely.

Seriously, someone known for pranks etc., and who hates apple, wouldn't do something like this because a bunch of morons follow him on twitter?

I think it's time to stop reading posts here for the day I think I can hear my braincells scream as they die.
  • Reply 94 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synapticlight View Post

oh? It's a giant iPhone

What did you expect? A giant balloon?
  • Reply 95 of 137
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I think there will be new macbook pros today because a guy I know said that their employee pricing will give them "40% off because of the new ones."
  • Reply 96 of 137
    Quote:

To test the screen.

Nope that's really it, it's 2 inches thick, surrounded by torque screws and no way to actually rest your hands on it to type, you win a cigar

Well clearly there is some sort of extra housing on it for security purposes. I don't actually think that's it.

My point still stands - if it were just for testing the touchscreen, why would they cut out space for the home button and something else at the top?

You can have your cigar back.
  • Reply 97 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What did you expect? A giant balloon?

Adventure...erm TABLETS ARE OUT THERE!
  • Reply 98 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

He has 93,000 Twitter followers, do you think it would benefit him to mislead everyone on such a grand scale? Not likely.

He can just as easily claim that Apple sent him a 'decoy' product to test. Or whatever. Costs nothing to mouth off like this, but generates a lot of buzz for him (as we can see).
  • Reply 99 of 137
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
  • Reply 100 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It's surely to be an accessory to your PC, not a replacement.

Wow, I hope not. If I have to sync this thing to iTunes to get the full benefit of the device then that's a total dealbreaker.

This better NOT be an accessory, but rather a new paradigm - and a standalone paradigm at that.