Anyone from Chicago?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a job 'offering'

I was talking to one studio in New York.They actually really want me to work there but I am still having the VISA problem........

They said they are going to have a new office in Chicago sometime the end of January. And they have a big client going to the Chicago office at that time. These guys really want me to be there and show the client a 'complete' team.

They are asking me to fly down to Chicago sometime on February for a month or two....they are paying me the flight ticket .....I should be having more info soon.

Now I really want to know the 'life style' in there.....and most importantly. Who lives there? Maybe we can meet

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I don't.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>I don't.</strong><hr></blockquote>

good answer

(i dont either)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I used to work/live in the Shaumburg area. Chicago's nice if you like to become a FAT AMERICAN that I hear so much about. Great food in many places. It gets cold, though. And traffic is a bear. But, it's a nice place over all.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>I used to work/live in the Shaumburg area. Chicago's nice if you like to become a FAT AMERICAN that I hear so much about. Great food in many places. It gets cold, though. And traffic is a bear. But, it's a nice place over all.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Traffic is bad if you live in Shaumburg. I didn't encounter much traffic on my bike ride to my office. I don't think my wife saw much on her 12 minute train ride in.

Chicago is a nice place to live. Coming from up north Leonis wont be bothered by the weather. There's tons of stuff to do. The summers are great. I'd recomend it to anyone. Just live in the city. Outside that it's a suburban wasteland.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    We're here for ya Leonis.

Chicago is by far the nicest big city in America if you ask me, but it can be pretty damn cold/windy in the winter months. But as far as the culture, mix of people, things to do...it's tops. And a great, great summertime city with the lake and all the music festivals and such.

Hey, you think that company needs a writer / mar-comm type come January / February? Who knows, we might end up working together. That might be enough to stop anyone from coming here! JK

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Hey Moogs? Where the hell is "Metro Chicago"?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    It's that vast wasteland outside the city limits you spoke of earlier. I live in the Northern 'burbs...WAY north. Took me about an hour to drive to the United Center last night (no, I didn't buy the tickets!) to see the Hawks get their asses handed to them by LA.

I used to work in the city and spent a lot of time in the Lincoln Park area on weekends and such. But I find the older I get, the further away from the city I get. Bottom line: I can't stand the traffic / bad parking. I prefer taking the train in and walking wherever I need to go.

• Reply 8 of 11
    Yea see that's what I tought. Tryin' to pass yourself off as city folk.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Hey, I've been in these parts for 17 years...surely I must qualify as a Chicagoin! Granted I don't live in River West (or whatever that new neighborhood is called where a dozen apartment and condo high-rises went up over the last two years)...but I still know the city well and appreciate all its good points (and bad ones).

• Reply 10 of 11
    I think that's called River North. You mean the area west of the Mag Mile?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    It may be a part of / extension of River North, I'm not sure how it's zoned.

But RN has been there for quite a while. I'm talking about all the high-rises that have gone up just northwest of the Presidential Towers. Some of the newer ones have gone up just west (talking a block or two) of the metra tracks that feed into Union Station and the Citicorp building.