Photo of Apple's next-generation iPhone in the wild - sources

Comments

• Reply 21 of 112
    How come no one is mentioning that the iPad unit has a nice opening where the camera should be? It's even carved out (like the home button is), so that it can get a decent field of view.

BAM!
  • Reply 22 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatsFan83 View Post

It would be nice if the iPhone/iPods could take pictures in low light. Maybe this is why Steve keeps a crappy camera wtihout a flash?

It's well known that Jobs hates flash!
  • Reply 23 of 112
    tac22tac22 Posts: 20member
    You were Double too late on that one
  • Reply 24 of 112
    - It's well known that Jobs hates flash!

Nice one!
  • Reply 25 of 112
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I find it interesting that the iPhone is in the same top secret room as the iPad prototype. It is also interesting that the iPhone display shows it in restore mode and not running. How many times did we call BS on an iPhone photo that turned to be real?

I think the whole iPad camera thing is just the ambient light sensor.

I recall more than a few iPod leaks turning out to be real.

That is a good point. Why would they have iPhones connected to an iPad cases?

PS: Note that the iPad image looks like it's a 1:1 ratio, not 4:3.
  • Reply 26 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

It's well known that Jobs hates flash!

Maybe Steve knows that most people use a forward facing (fill) flash inappropriately resulting in crappy photos. I admit that sometimes you have a choice of a crappy photo lit up with a fill flash or nothing (because the room is too dark and you can't control the lighting).
  • Reply 27 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulSorensen View Post

Maybe Steve knows that most people use a forward facing (fill) flash inappropriately resulting in crappy photos. I admit that sometimes you have a choice of a crappy photo lit up with a fill flash or nothing (because the room is too dark and you can't control the lighting).

Damn, my lame attempt at a crappy joke failed spectacularly ... oh well....
  • Reply 28 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

This is the worst excuse for a story ever. Wow, that's an iPhone that looks no different than the old one.

yep. i'm calling cowshite. the ipad has the same bolted to the table frame seen in other photos and believed to have been a security gig for displaying the ipad whilst someone wasn't standing right there to guard it. the iphone is the same phone as always. likely someone's personal phone that was placed on top and photographed to show someone the size difference. any supposed different material is the user's case and likely nothing more

it is very unlikely that the form of the iphone will ever change. and why should it, the form works. it's the insides and the software that are where things are the most flexible. I wouldn't be shocked if gen 4 is a slightly faster processor, more storage and a better camera in terms of hardware. BUT unlocked for all GSM carriers with a radio that covers both ATT and T-Mobile radio ranges. small changes but unlocking alone (with true 3g on t-mobile) would be huge. bye bye locals buying,unlocking and craigslisting for huge money,bye bye folks going to apple for repairs with a voided warranty and bye bye being stuck with ATT when your area has better service with t-mobile. AND bye bye having to put up with ATTs prices cause there's not another choice.
  • Reply 29 of 112
    I have seen better quality, more iluminating photo's of Big Foot.
  • Reply 30 of 112
    "quite literally"

No. Quite figuratively. Unless there was an actual iPhone under an iTab that was casting a physical shadow on it so that it couldn't be seen.

Back to English 101 for you.
  • Reply 31 of 112
    Quote:

I admit it ? I didn't get it until you pointed it out.... It's morning where I am right now, so my brain hasn't fully started.
  • Reply 32 of 112
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:

I don't think so. I found it more interesting than this article, but not as funny
  • Reply 33 of 112
    "Cosmetically, the iPhone in the photo appears without its iconic aluminum bezel. Instead, the device is surrounded by a black plastic of aluminum material. Either that, or the handset is wrapped 80 percent of the way in a rubberized protective holder like the iPad prototype it rests on top of, though the quality of the image leaves this assertion to considerable debate."

..so apple managed to develop a new material for the case? "black plastic of aluminum" yeah, sure.

..and the ipad prototype it rests on top of? or do you really mean the assembly/testing tray?
  • Reply 34 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Too many errors for me to adress.

If you're going to speak about someone else's errors, at least make sure you are leading by example.
  • Reply 35 of 112
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    Some of you are clearly quite dense. What this photo DOES tell us, if it’s real, is that the 4th Gen will not be very different in form than the current gen. We still don’t know the minor finishing touches as well as what the back cover will be made of but at least we know that the size will not change. Most of the changes will be in the software as well as hardware inside. I bet there will be an A5 processor designed and made by Apple.
  • Reply 36 of 112
    Quote:

Instead, the device is surrounded by a black plastic of aluminum material.

Uhhhh..... a what?
  • Reply 37 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bklynkid View Post

Did you guys read the article? AI didn't pull it out of thin air, sources have indicated that the iPhone in the pics is indeed the next iPhone.

"People with an impeccable track record in matters such as these say ..."

the 14 year old sister would like to know if these are the same unnamed PITR that say that Robert (who has repeatedly and even recently claimed to be single) and Kristen are madly in love, secretly got married a year ago and are buying a 'secret' island love nest in the UK. or the PITR that say that other stuff is bull cause Robert and Taylor are the ones in love and Kristen would rather date Dakota. but of course the studio doesn't want any of this out cause it would ruin the movies so they are forcing everyone to fake it and Robert to lie during interviews about the Dali film

she gets it. smart girl

oh and Nassar. that's also called fresh out of the box mode. which makes sense. they wouldn't use someone's personal phone for such a demo. so they crack a box, and set up a new phone.
  • Reply 38 of 112
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

If you're going to speak about someone else's errors, at least make sure you are leading by example.

lol..well said. I hate spelling police. They rate right up there with trips to the dentist and sorting the sock drawer.

These articles are from people, not professional editors with staff hired to spell check for syntax and spelling.

Lighten up Francis
  • Reply 39 of 112
    the next iphone to be presented in june 2010 (?) will have the same metal casing as the ipad and macbook pro and macbook air i think as biggest exterior change.
  • Reply 40 of 112
    Red text for this?