Photo of Apple's next-generation iPhone in the wild - sources

Comments

• Reply 41 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alobar72 View Post

checking-.... checking... checking... no - no fanboy screaming

"wow that thing look great.... going to buy it asap" based on that photo :-)

But then again: very few posts till now :-)

If it's still on AT&T... Whatever... You won't get the above hope.

It could be the 5th gen iPhone that makes you iBreakfast, dispenses iCoffee and wipes MiAzz but if it's on AT&T it's like running windows. It works, when it works.
  • Reply 42 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"It's all about the display," Jobs said of battery life. "Our chips don't use hardly any power."

Is it me, or is that kind of like a double negative? Either the display uses hardly any power, or it doesn't use much power at all. Wonky.
  • Reply 43 of 112
    If look at the photo, than you see underneath the Iphone, the Ipad.

And if you look real close to the Ipad Cover, Than you can see at the bottom a cut-out for the HOME button.

Well.... if you look at the Top of the Ipad, you see another Cut-out....

CAMERA ??????

btw wy would the Iphone connector be coverd with a white box... ? the other end of the cable... (lets assume its a cable) is also not vissible.

So .. next question, why is the iphone connector bigger than evver... ???? Is it perhaps a wireless connector made by apple, so you dont have to use a cable beetween you iphone and you ipad?
  • Reply 44 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

If you're going to speak about someone else's errors, at least make sure you are leading by example.

My iPhone did it, I swear!
  • Reply 45 of 112
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Is it me, or is that kind of like a double negative? Either the display uses hardly any power, or it doesn't use much power at all. Wonky.

No. Although in-artfully worded, I don't think that qualifies as a double negative. A double negative would be something like

You can't not do that.
  • Reply 46 of 112
    gustavgustav Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

lol..well said. I hate spelling police. They rate right up there with trips to the dentist and sorting the sock drawer.

These articles are from people, not professional editors with staff hired to spell check for syntax and spelling.

If these were random posts on a forum by members, then you'd have a point. But these articles are posted to a site that publishes articles to make money from ad revenue. If AI is making money from publishing the article (and they are) then they should be properly edited.
  • Reply 47 of 112
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

No. Although in-artfully worded, I don't think that qualifies as a double negative. A double negative would be something like

You can't not do that.

It's very very close though. Stupid thing to say on Jobs' part.

What he's actually saying is that the chips "don't use a small amount of power." The implication could easily be that instead they use a lot of power, (although it's not explicitly stated as you say).
  • Reply 48 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

the next iphone to be presented in june 2010 (?) will have the same metal casing as the ipad and macbook pro and macbook air i think as biggest exterior change.

I don't think so. Apparently the first iPhone had antenna issues due to the alu enclosing, hence the switch to plastic.

Though I would love alu iPhones with nano colors, an orange one for me please .
  • Reply 49 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

If these were random posts on a forum by members, then you'd have a point. But these articles are posted to a site that publishes articles to make money from ad revenue. If AI is making money from publishing the article (and they are) then they should be properly edited.

Point out spelling mistakes that don't affect the readability of a story overly much is just a waste of time. This isn't the New York Times, it's a discussion forum and arguably an internet blog/news site.

I don't think anyone here had any difficulty in reading it. Being overly pedantic is just as irritating.
  • Reply 50 of 112
    Let me see if I understand the article correctly:

"We have absolutely no new information, but we don't want our ad revenue to slip, so we better post some regurgitated information with a tabloid headline."

I mean really, just look at the implication given by the article title: "Photo of Apple's next-generation iPhone in the wild". A photo of a partially obscured device in a secret lab somewhere hardly counts as "in the wild". Although, I'm sure the editor would argue that they are saying that the photo is in the wild, not the device itself.

I understand the desire to report new / rumored information, but please don't turn into the spectacle that the US news agencies created years ago when trying to be the "first" to call election results. First != Best.
  • Reply 51 of 112
    I don't think thats the fourth gen Iphone. it looks like the black part is a rubber case on it. My phone looks just like that with a case on it..
  • Reply 52 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

What he's actually saying is that the chips "don't use a small amount of power." The implication could easily be that instead they use a lot of power, (although it's not explicitly stated as you say).

I agree, it was badly stated

They could have easily said "It uses very little power" and been done with it. Perhaps they had too much coffee this morning..lol
  • Reply 53 of 112
    hattighattig Posts: 860member
    It's an iPhone in a black case.
  • Reply 54 of 112
    I can't believe no one has picked up on the fact that the is a Ikea 9th generation work bench!!!!!!
  • Reply 55 of 112
    Lots of comments at least

I'm betting Apple will introduce 3rd party app multitasking. I have no need for it, just as I have little need for copy/paste and SMS, but I think the fact that competitors like Droid prance it as a pony, it will have market push with them.

I don't think we'll see a replaceable battery (I'm not sure why Apple is opposed to these but I don't care either way)

My personal wishlist:

OLED in the 4G.

Wireless-N

Higher resolution

Ability to change the background like you can on the iPad. (not just on the unlock screen, but the actual desktop screen).

WiFi syncing would be handy at times
  • Reply 56 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

they are quoting Jobs' response to an oral impromptu question (by Mossberg or whoever). Honestly its not a big deal, everyone knows what he means, and I'm sure if he were to write a book he would correct the egregious error.
  • Reply 57 of 112
    Umm...

What is a 4G iPhone supposed to look like?

• Reply 58 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by milkmage View Post

"Cosmetically, the iPhone in the photo appears without its iconic aluminum bezel. Instead, the device is surrounded by a black plastic of aluminum material. Either that, or the handset is wrapped 80 percent of the way in a rubberized protective holder like the iPad prototype it rests on top of, though the quality of the image leaves this assertion to considerable debate."

..so apple managed to develop a new material for the case? "black plastic of aluminum" yeah, sure.

..and the ipad prototype it rests on top of? or do you really mean the assembly/testing tray?

oooOOOooo - maybe they've developed transparent aluminum!
  • Reply 59 of 112
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mclarenf1 View Post

This site would be perfect if it didn't spend time trying get hits from TOTALLY USELESS ARTICLES LIKE THIS ONE!!!! Shheeeesh!

Like the ones from Daniel, err "Prince McNotDreamyorSteamy" where he has diarrhea of the mouth and just rehashes the same old history over and over and over and OVER again.
  • Reply 60 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrbofus View Post

""Our chips don't use hardly any power.""

Wouldn't that mean that their chips use a lot of power?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. He simply misspoke. He should have left the "don't" out of the sentence. I don't think anyone was actually confused by it however.

Why is everyone so fascinated that someone misspoke? It's a silly topic.