Quick thoughts...are you going to buy an iPad?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macnyce View Post

I was going to buy an Ipad after giving my nephew my old laptop. After seeing it, I will now buy the Alienware mx11. My first pc since 1994.

That's why choice exists.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macnyce View Post

I was going to buy an Ipad after giving my nephew my old laptop. After seeing it, I will now buy the Alienware mx11. My first pc since 1994.

That thing is fuuuuuuuuugly, I have to say...2-hour battery life in "gaming mode"? Plasticky-case? Less-than-stellar screen quality? What a joke...think twice before you buy it, Sir.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    batbat Posts: 47member
    I'll buy one with the 3G capability. I have a MBP and an iMac and a Touch, and the iPad w/3G is too interesting to pass up. I'm a sucker for a pretty face.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    i'm buying 1 for myself and another 1 for my wife and son.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    While I love my new MacBook (see sig…), it is not the best for armchair or abed computing…

I will most definitely be getting an iPad sometime this year, most likely a 16GB/3G model; I would suspect the iPad Dock will also be following me home…

As for a case, I will look at the Apple one, but I will also see what twelvesouth might come up with…
  • Reply 46 of 46
    ggfggf Posts: 42member
    Yes,

I would buy one - my ibookg4 which I used as my sofa computer has died - the ipad is a perfect replacement.

I would like to see an iPad pro with a bigger screen and a USB port to upload documents from a thumb drive. If it can display a full size A4 page - then it would be a perfect replacement for lugging round papers at work. Perfect for conferences on airplanes etc