Photo of Apple's next-generation iPhone in the wild - sources

Comments

• Reply 81 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

Red text for this?

It could have been worse: "Photo of Apple's next-generation iPhone in the wild - sources"

• Reply 82 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

the device is surrounded by a black plastic of aluminum material.

This was my favourite part. Those Apple guys are amazing. Can't wait to see this new plastic aluminum they've invented.
  • Reply 83 of 112
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

to what is the iPhone connected? the iPad?

That is the right question. It's in recovery mode to connect to something but why next to an iPad unless it syncs or tethers or at least allows you to import photos from it?

Maybe since the next iphone will be such a kick-ass A+ upgrade, the iPad will sync to it.

4G iphone rumors are pointless from the quality of the image. I fully expect it to look identical to the previous ones. The concept behind it is for you to forget the phone itself and look at what it does. It should remain as minimalist as it can. If the 4G can scrap the home button, all the better.
  • Reply 84 of 112
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

Yes, but they need to keep in mind that these are not professional editorials with such staff. If I'm getting my news from neighbor, I don't expect him to put on a suit and tie. Some folks are being just a bit to sensitive about silly typos. It wastes everyone's time wading through post after post pointing out the obvious. Why not just e-mail the author and tell them? The only reason I can think of is that it gives that person a sense of superiority, which is wasted on everyone else. It certainly doesn't evoke admiration on my part to see someone else pointing out syntax errors.

You're right, they should submit it, a direct email is usually given. After today, I'll probably make it a practice to start deleting posts that only point out irrelevant typos and push direct submission.

However, I think it's false to suggest that it takes a large staff to do proofreading. It only requires one person a few minutes a page to catch the glaring errors. Something that a for-profit site should be able to do somehow, this isn't aunt marge's blog either, there is a certain level of prominence and esteem that is held. I can't go into specifics, but with the ad income figures I've been given, the site probably isn't hurting.

I probably wouldn't be carrying it on this far if they were receptive in the back channel. It only needs someone other than the writer to check over an article before publishing it.
  • Reply 85 of 112
    i hope this isnt the iphone 4g. i think apple really needs to update the form factor of the iphone. for one that gaudy and tacky stainless steel bezel has to go especially on the ipod touch where the whole back is just a scratch magnet. and it just ugly. an aluminum casing like the ipad or macbook pro would look a lot nicer and fit into the aesthetic of most other apple products. it also needs a bigger screen with a higher resolution. if the whole face of the iphone was just a glass touch screen without the huge empty spaces above and below where the home button is it would look amazing. just look at the htc hd2.

• Reply 86 of 112
    nice pic of possible iphone, id like t more if it was alum but definately sweet pic!
  • Reply 87 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Not only that, we learned that scaling up a blurry picture didn't expose any more detail. Shocking.

All the red text means is that it's being clicked more often than usual. It's not a manual setting.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

It could have been worse: "Photo of Apple's next-generation iPhone in the wild - sources"

Whoa.. well at least we know Mobileme would dig it
  • Reply 88 of 112
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

You're right, they should submit it, a direct email is usually given. After today, I'll probably make it a practice to start deleting posts that only point out irrelevant typos and push direct submission.

However, I think it's false to suggest that it takes a large staff to do proofreading. It only requires one person a few minutes a page to catch the glaring errors. Something that a for-profit site should be able to do somehow, this isn't aunt marge's blog either, there is a certain level of prominence and esteem that is held. I can't go into specifics, but with the ad income figures I've been given, the site probably isn't hurting.

I probably wouldn't be carrying it on this far if they were receptive in the back channel. It only needs someone other than the writer to check over an article before publishing it.

I have to agree with you on this one. It was pretty bad..lol, but thanks for taking the suggestion. It will be nice to discuss the topic rather than the spelling
  • Reply 89 of 112
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post

i hope this isnt the iphone 4g. i think apple really needs to update the form factor of the iphone. for one that gaudy and tacky stainless steel bezel has to go especially on the ipod touch where the whole back is just a scratch magnet. and it just ugly. an aluminum casing like the ipad or macbook pro would look a lot nicer and fit into the aesthetic of most other apple products. it also needs a bigger screen with a higher resolution. if the whole face of the iphone was just a glass touch screen without the huge empty spaces above and below where the home button is it would look amazing. just look at the htc hd2.

The 4th gen iPhone could still be most of that, except maybe your "empty spaces" thing, there is stuff behind the glass. The spy photos don't show us what the back or bezel is going to be like, all that is hidden by the case that it is in.

I think the back might revert to aluminum, but in a shape that is like the new iPad. Otherwise, I don't think it makes sense to use the Mac unibody styling on a non-Mac, unless it's also going to be used on the Touch and phone.
  • Reply 90 of 112
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:

Redskittles, is that some other brand of phone? I actually like that design a lot. I like the nearly edge to edge screen, and the bushed bezel, makes for a nice touch. The button at the bottom seems like it might be a little too easy to actuate, but nice design.
  • Reply 91 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacAdict View Post

nice pic of possible iphone, id like t more if it was alum but definately sweet pic!

I agree. I think that's a pretty sweet mock-up and would surely get my $$, however I'll be happy to stick w/ the plastic back. I love the Aluminum case on my old 2G but prefer the plastic for everyday use.

One thing though, I REALLY want that green notification light to become a reality. I have a 3gs but I also use a Mytouch3G from time to time, which has such a light. It is a very useful and almost necessary feature that the Iphones have lacked for far too long now IMO.
  • Reply 92 of 112
    The screen seems to be a much wider aspect ratio than on the iPhone I'm holding in my hand. It could be that they've widened the whole body of the new phone, though its hard to tell from the size of the phone speaker slot, and the 30-pin connector, which looks HUGE. But the screen is much squarer than my phone, unless its displaying an image with black bars at top and bottom...
  • Reply 93 of 112
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

Lighten up Francis

Why, is he too heavy?

Lighten up, Francis.

My wife's an editor and is always correcting me. Couldn't resist, sorry.
  • Reply 94 of 112
    doroteadorotea Posts: 323member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A photograph containing one of Apple's fourth-generation iPhones has been lingering undetected in the public domain for nearly a week now thanks to having been overshadowed -- quite literally -- by the company's new iPad, AppleInsider has learned.

Pitiful pictures. This doesn't make a story at all. Blech
  • Reply 95 of 112
    Another thing to point out is the cable connected to this iPhone is the old style wider dock connector that used to ship with the EDGE iPhones. This looks like an iPhone in a fairly standard Agent 18 or Belkin Slider case that someone put near the iPad for size comparison sake. I highly doubt this is a next generation iPhone and it may even be an old EDGE iPhone in a case.
  • Reply 96 of 112
    iPad nano
  • Reply 97 of 112
    Quote:

Gorgeous phone, minus the home button.
  • Reply 98 of 112
    jetlawjetlaw Posts: 156member
    The original picture that started this post is obviously not the next generation iPhone. Anyone with any knowledge of the Apple product pipeline can tell that it is a photo of the iPad Nano!
  • Reply 99 of 112
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

Gorgeous phone, minus the home button.

That longer, edge mounted Home Button would have been great for the iPad.
  • Reply 100 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That longer, edge mounted Home Button would have been great for the iPad.

I think it looks nice, but function wise it doesnt fit with the iphone. Agreed that the iPad woulda been a good fit