Steve Jobs disparages Google, Adobe at company meeting - reports

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 247
    cdyatescdyates Posts: 202member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Yes it can. But Apple will not let you do it, except with a few apps.

In general, for most practical purposes, it does not multitask.

yeah that's an important point. some of the built in apps do, but I don't think in general it will multi-task without hacking it.
  • Reply 242 of 247
    igeniusigenius Posts: 1,240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cdyates View Post

yeah that's an important point. some of the built in apps do, but I don't think in general it will multi-task without hacking it.

Correct.
  • Reply 243 of 247
    avidfcpavidfcp Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So tell me which Flash based sites stream Xvid or other DivX based codecs.

Flash uses an flv wrapper it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with converting DivX files to a format that plays on iPhone OS then transferring the files from a computer.

You need never go anywhere near the iTunes store if you don't want to or buy a single thing.

Any media file on a computer can be converted and synced using iTunes software apart from DRM protected files like BluRay.

It's a separate issue it has nothing whatsoever to do with Adobe Flash.

Sure, here's a copule for now.

ABC.com, you cannot watch any of there free shows.

Same goes for NBC, CBS, MLB.

You can buy a program for the iphone that lets you watch MLB but you have to pay for each game, with a paid subscription, you can watch any game with a macbook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro, but even if you are a member, you cannot watch a MLB game via the iphone so would assume it's the same case for the iPad,

The reason I asked about Xvid is torrents (free shows anyway), can be downloaded and then played. That would be fantastic to download a complete season for a cross country flight, can't do that presently on the ipad.

Thanks

• Reply 244 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by machei View Post

For god's sake, I just want them to rev the processor on the MBPs already. I've been waiting with increasing impatience since December, hammering away at my aging G4.

Noupdatesattheeventdontneedanipadmumblegrumble.

If you've held out that long what's another six months gonna matter!!

That's some devoted G4 lovin!
  • Reply 245 of 247
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Maybe... So when are they going to start making 16:9 screens? All the screens I've seen outside of movie theaters are virtually square.

They are made. What I would do is "short screen" it if I couldn't find a widescreen one that I liked.

I found a few here:

http://www.projectorpeople.com/scree...r&itmname=Onyx

I really should get a proper screen, but I've gotten by for eight years on a wall painted a low gloss white.
  • Reply 246 of 247
    Ideally, don't you want to avoid talking about the competition? Besides, going by actual sales, it doesn't sound like Google is serious competition, doubly so if you want any customer service if something goes wrong.