Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

penne pasta with a mango lassi to drink

That is so random!

• Reply 22 of 162
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BB Sting View Post

Seriously, one day there's going to be a movie about Steve Jobs, he's like the Walt Disney of the tech industry!

Pirates of Silicon Valley?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_Silicon_Valley
  • Reply 23 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Perhaps you should use the Dictionary to look up "portable" "space" and "at a premium"

also "environment" (big word there!)

perhaps even "city"

If you don't understand, there's always MacDaily News where you can post your dribble.

click the link here

I've observed he's bright enough and capable enough to understand the meaning of the individual words. It's your selection and assemblage of them that often mystifies.
  • Reply 24 of 162
    Quote:

Perhaps you should use the Dictionary to look up "portable" "space" and "at a premium"

also "environment" (big word there!)

perhaps even "city"

Yeah, linguistic (oops, sorry) genius, I did just that.

'portable': capable of being transported or conveyed

'space': extent or room in three dimensions

'premium': a sum above the nominal or par value of a thing

'Portable space at a premium:' Capable of being transported (or conveyed) in the extent (or room) in three dimensions at a sum above the nominal (or par) value of a thing.

Got it now! Did you?
  • Reply 25 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

I've observed he's bright enough and capable enough to understand the meaning of the individual words. It's your selection and assemblage of them that often mystifies.

Thank you, sir. His assemblage does, indeed, mystify. (And, English is not even my first language!).
  • Reply 26 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Thank you, sir. His assemblage does, indeed, mystify. (And, English is not even my first language!).

Oh, what the heck ... it's just a "dribble" here or a "drivel" there.
  • Reply 27 of 162
    He's eccentric, alright. A little bit nutty, which is why people listen. Plus, his "wild" ideas of the recent past have kept the other dinosaurs alive. It's hard to believe from a 2010 vantage that the music industry balked at the idea of digital downloads. They're making a killing from digital downloads. I imagine a similar happy fate awaits the print industry. The big publishers with the acumen and resources could crank out some nifty content.
  • Reply 28 of 162
    " It was one of those head-gears of composite order, in which we can find traces of the bearskin, shako, billycock hat, sealskin cap, and cotton night-cap; one of those poor things, in fine, whose dumb ugliness has depths of expression, like an imbecile's face. Oval, stiffened with whalebone, it began with three round knobs; then came in succession lozenges of velvet and rabbit-skin separated by a red band; after that a sort of bag that ended in a cardboard polygon covered with complicated braiding, from which hung, at the end of a long thin cord, small twisted gold threads in the manner of a tassel. The cap was new; its peak shone."
  • Reply 29 of 162
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Do people really give a **** what Jobs ate/drank?

+1! It?s the hat I want to know more about.
  • Reply 30 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eehd View Post

That is so random!

Guess I've finally reached the age when I don't understand what younger people find funny. \
  • Reply 31 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Guess I've finally reached the age when I don't understand what younger people find funny. \

We have an extremely large membership, but there's room in the club for one more.
  • Reply 32 of 162
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Yeah, linguistic (oops, sorry) genius, I did just that.

'portable': capable of being transported or conveyed

'space': extent or room in three dimensions

'premium': a sum above the nominal or par value of a thing

'Portable space at a premium:' Capable of being transported (or conveyed) in the extent (or room) in three dimensions at a sum above the nominal (or par) value of a thing.

Got it now! Did you?

I said:

Quote:

.....(the) iPad actually might work well in a city environment where portable space is at a premium .....

big difference.

And I also said to look up "at a premium" which means:

Quote:

at a premium - in great demand, hard to come by, in short supply, thin on the ground.

Quote:

portable - able to be easily carried or moved

and of course

Quote:

space - an empty area left between one-, two-, or three-dimensional points or objects

So basically I said: in a city environment, where portable space (meaning the space carried around with you, like a briefcase or handbag on a subway for instance) is "at a premium" (meaning in short supply) that the iPad may work very well.

Guess you didn't know the Dictionary can look up phrases like "at a premium"

Now you know, go and teach others.
  • Reply 33 of 162
    tekstudtekstud Posts: 351member
    I highly doubt New Yorkers will be as gullible as Hollywood's music industry.

Though again they are a very liberal news rag and he does have that Al Gore connection.
  • Reply 34 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I know..... what's so difficult about finding a mango lassi in NYC!?

The waiter just had to run over to the Indian restaurant next door (which are dime a dozen in that city).....
  • Reply 35 of 162
    "While newspaper executives are reportedly wary of entering into an exclusive deal that they fear might install Apple as the content broker of print media in the same model as iTunes' music and video businesses, they're also facing tough times monetizing their content as the Internet eats away at their display ad model."

It's not the existence or availability of the Internet that's cutting into print media's revenue, it's the content available on the Internet cutting into print media's revenue. Specifically, print content is horrendous. It's not timely, it's full of lies or distortions, and serves no one's purpose save for the publishers.

To put it another way, why should people pay good money to have Old Media lie to them? And, more importantly for Apple, why would people cough up money to download lies over iTunes?

Publishers should worry about content first, medium second.
  • Reply 36 of 162
    Quote:

So basically I said: in a city environment, where portable space (meaning the space carried around with you, like a briefcase or handbag on a subway for instance) is "at a premium" (meaning in short supply) that the iPad may work very well.

Ah, I get it! Since I live up in the woods (a rural environment), where portable space is at a discount (meaning in abundant supply), I can just tote my Mac Pro with me! Who needs an iPad!

Genius.

Quote:

Now you know, go and teach others.

Like he said, y'all: learn!

('Dribble' and 'drivel' just about says it for me about you! )
  • Reply 37 of 162
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TEKSTUD View Post

I highly doubt New Yorkers will be as gullible as Hollywood's music industry.

Though again they are a very liberal news rag and he does have that Al Gore connection.

tekstud, is that really you? Great to have you back!

Now fuck off...
  • Reply 38 of 162
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Come on guys it's the hat we need to know about. Somebody get on it.
  • Reply 39 of 162
    tekstudtekstud Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinney57 View Post

tekstud, is that really you? Great to have you back!

Now fuck off...

When you have to go to those extremes after you've launched your next "revolutionary" device then you know Apple is in BIG trouble.

Imagine what you'd being saying if Steve Ballmer was doing that for whatever reason.

Besides, you can get a subscription to the New York Times right now, today, on any Kindle.
  • Reply 40 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TEKSTUD View Post

Imagine what you'd being saying if Steve Ballmer was doing that.

Let's wait until Steve Ballmer actually introduces a revolutionary new device.