Google chrome tablet: A reply to Apple iPad?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Few days before I ended up in an article and it has details about Google's concept about a pc tablet.Most probably google will release it to compete with Apple iPad. But anyway for Google it will be tough to kick iPad since it has already iPad has already catched so many eyes! check out the article here: http://www.thinkdigit.com/Mobiles-an...pple_3990.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member

Dislikes:
    • Looks huge

• Runs Chrome OS and thus limited to web apps

• Still just a concept (no physical product)

http://dev.chromium.org/chromium-os/...factors/tablet
  • Reply 2 of 7
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    Google has become the new Microsoft. They've been releasing 2nd-rate inferior versions of Apple products (and from other companies) lately.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

Google has become the new Microsoft. They've been releasing 2nd-rate inferior versions of Apple products (and from other companies) lately.

Yeah, I do agree with that. Google is now releasing products similiar to the ones other companies have prepared. Also just have a look at the onscreen keyboard on it (chrome tablet), just like the way on Apple iPad (though the design may change inn future)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I take it they will wait until the iPad comes out, and come up with an inferior copy.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member

-- Imaginary interface is magic; apparently reads mind

DISLIKES

--Is animation, does not exist

SEE ALSO

--MS Courier
  • Reply 6 of 7
    And before we talk much about yet another concept video, and what it bodes for the products Apple actually ships, I encourage everyone to read this: Why Apple doesn?t do ?Concept Products?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Oh, and also: can someone explain to me what, exactly, is supposed to be compelling about the concept video at hand? It appears to show a touch screen with windows that open when you touch it (albeit with magic context awareness), plus some scrolling, plus some window repositioning.

Is it just the idea that Google is considering a touch interface for Chrome, because, you know, dum de dum dum, Google?

Because I'm not quite seeing why Google even bothered with this. If you're going to do a concept video, I would have thought you'd throw in some blue sky awesomeness. What they're showing amounts to little more than "Yes, we are aware of touch interfaces."