What does this mean...?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
* This device has not yet been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.

Is the iPad going to be released at all?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

Is the iPad going to be released at all?

Not with a label like that.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Standard boilerplate for a device that hasn't gotten the usual FCC approvals yet. Given the iPhone there's pretty much zero chance there's something about the iPad that would keep it from getting approved.

Apple seems to wait as long as possible to do the FCC thing, since that information becomes public and would spill the beans.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yeah, it's good that FCC acts as the savior in most of the cases and at-lest the companies have a sense to provide a better product to the consumers at a better rates. So, better wait for sometime before the results are out. I'm also waiting to get my hands on it, but thought about waiting for a while.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darrensmits View Post

Yeah, it's good that FCC acts as the savior in most of the cases and at-lest the companies have a sense to provide a better product to the consumers at a better rates. So, better wait for sometime before the results are out. I'm also waiting to get my hands on it, but thought about waiting for a while.

Yep, I'm postponing my iPhone purchase too, just like my iPad, until it runs Flash, does multitasking, and has twice as much memory and battery life. I reckon that'll be in the 2011 model crop.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darrensmits View Post

What?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Yep, I'm postponing my iPhone purchase too, just like my iPad, until it runs Flash, does multitasking, and has twice as much memory and battery life. I reckon that'll be in the 2011 model crop.

I'm trying to figure out how your response is in any way connected to whatever it is darrensmits is saying. The FCC will make the iPhone do multitasking? The iPad hasn't gotten FCC approval yet because it's not good enough?