Who skis?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    i ski, my kids snowboard....usually santa fe, sometimes angel fire....g
  • Reply 22 of 29
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Mandatory where I'm from. It's all we can do.

Wish I could water ski, I tried it once and couldn't get out of the water... :o
  • Reply 23 of 29
    I'm going to Ski Windham tomorrow (I mean today...Monday that is). Can't wait. First time out on skis all year! (Killington didn't pan out but Windham is in the Catskills- about 3 or 4 hours closer to home)

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</p>
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Where would a 28-year-old who's never skiied before, living in central NJ, go to learn? It'd have to be somewhere where the slopes aren't too horrendously challenging, I assume, and where they offer classes. Cheap, preferably. Where you can rent everything for the day (since I don't own anything remotely needed for skiing).

Somewhere in PA or NY, I'm guessing. Suggestions?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    There are a few mountains in NJ at which you can learn. Montage Mountain in Northeastern PA isn't too far away from you.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    I ski and I think that the snowboarders that think they are all that are dumbasses.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    i ski.

tried to snowboard a couple of times.

snowboard is kinda fun (and painfull) but i stick with a pair of ski's.

from 22. 'till 25. january i'm going to the inferno race in muerren (switzerland) for the forth time.

start at schilthorn (2950 m), finish at lauterbrunnen (800 m), 15.8 km long and fast as f***!

it's great!

<a href="http://www.wengen-muerren.ch/seiten/topevents/infernorennen.htm"; target="_blank"></a>
  • Reply 28 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>I used to ski. I haven't gone skiing in 4 years though. Granite Chief at Squaw was always fun. I've been to Whistler and Jackson Hole too, but amazingly, the best snow I've ever seen was at Squaw Valley during the last El Nino. It was bliss. I'm sure the other resorts in the are were great too. Heavenly, Alpine Meadows, Kirkwood, etc...</strong><hr></blockquote>

An ex-roommate of mine would always beam about Squaw Valley. Personally, I'm a easterner and I haven't done a lot of skiing, so I can't vouch for it. I used to play ice-hockey, though, so I know how the whole skiing motion works, to enough of a point where I don't get a thrill out of anything except for the steep hills with moguls, which usually cause me too bail into the woods. . . perhaps because I take 'em as jumps. . .

The ski patrol guys find it funny.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Ski'ed for the first time 2 weks back in CransMontana, Switzerland. Crushed ankle like a total n00b. God I'm hooked. Shame I live in the UK - although am in proximity to excellent dry ski-slope.

Just have to work off extra xmas pudding and I'll be kitting myself and expecting a brace of minor injuries real soon.