What do you wear?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There's a similar thread at macnn but since we get more traffic, I thought I'd bring it over here. What kind of clothes do you wear? Are you a Prep? A punk? A skater? Are you a surfer? or are you something else?

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Faded, comfortable Levis, white T-shirts and untucked flannel shirts or pullovers/sweaters.

Black Skechers laceless boots (LOVE buckles) or Vans on the weekends.

About once a month, I'll wear a pair of pleated, cuffed khaki pants and actually maybe tuck my shirt in.

I'm about as casual as you can get...about one level above the "slob" classification.

I'm not trendy, so I don't have anything with a flared leg (I'd rather be shot in the adam's apple with a pellet gun) or anything that looks like nSync or Lit may have worn it the day before.

This might help: I've never bought anything, clotheswise, that wasn't from Target, Old Navy or The Gap (and the Gap has only been about twice). Target and Old Navy (in that order) make up the bulk of my snazzy wardrobe.

• Reply 2 of 66
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    PointZero shirts, and Kakies

though for bike riding ill wear all white shirt with blue cuffs and kaki shorts. (hey if your gonna get muddy why not have it stand out )
  • Reply 3 of 66
    But I do have this absolutely STUNNING Vera Wang beaded ensemble that I pull out for very special occasions. Slit very high and low-cut in the back...

Matching shoulder wrap and handbag and I usually wear it with something black and strappy from Nine West.

• Reply 4 of 66
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>But I do have this absolutely STUNNING Vera Wang beaded ensemble that I pull out for very special occasions. Slit very high and low-cut in the back...

Matching shoulder wrap and handbag and I usually wear it with something black and strappy from Nine West.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

um.............ok
  • Reply 5 of 66
    Hey, you're the one acting like Joan Rivers. I'm just helping you out.

• Reply 6 of 66
    On a typical day in MacAgentville, I wear black pants, a long-sleeve black shirt (sometimes a turtleneck), black shoes, and black Neo sunglasses.

On other days I wear all green. I usually wear a solid color, not much variation. Next color of clothes I'm getting is orange. Orange shirt, orange pants.
  • Reply 7 of 66
    Humm.

my wardrobe basically consists of j.crew, polo, and a bit of french connection/benetton for my occasional splash of eurotrash.

nothing too stunning at all.
  • Reply 8 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>Next color of clothes I'm getting is orange. Orange shirt, orange pants. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah, a man with taste and the sense to recognize a good color when he sees it...

• Reply 9 of 66
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    My wardrobe consists mostly of khakis, white t-shirts, a bunch of short-sleeved shirts and some sweaters. When I'm just sitting around the house I'll wear faded jeans and old t-shirts. Round it all out with my university cap, mismatched socks and Nike running shoes, and that's me.
  • Reply 10 of 66
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Most of my clothes are Abercromibe & Fitch, Nike, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Aeorpostale, and sometimes Nautica.
  • Reply 11 of 66
    it feels like this most of the time

• Reply 12 of 66
    Since I started the thread: Polo, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, very little Gap, and some Nautica.
  • Reply 13 of 66
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I forgot to mention some American Eagle, Gap and once in a while Structure.
  • Reply 14 of 66
    Spats.
  • Reply 15 of 66
    depends.

Casual Wear:

Gap usually, maybe Nautica.

Beach Wear:

Black Label, Billabong, Ripcurl, Quicksilver, Dysfunctional.
  • Reply 16 of 66
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    hehe target clothes..
  • Reply 17 of 66
    Nothing comes between me and my Calvins.
  • Reply 18 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by dvd:

<strong>hehe target clothes..</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hehe overpriced name brand stuff that nobody can see the label of anyway...

Does Target not stock your preferred brand of leather buttless chaps and lame-ass meat-market club shirts?

A cotton shirt is a cotton shirt. Khaki pants are khaki pants. A wool sweater is a wool sweater. White calf-length running socks are white calf length running socks. Flannel is flannel, denim is denim and leather is leather.

Only fücknuts like you spend $60 when $24 will do...just because some overhyped cocksucker has his name on the label.

Reconsider your "hehe"...and go buy yourself a clue.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 19 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>

Hehe overpriced name brand stuff that nobody can see the label of anyway...

Does Target not stock your preferred brand of leather buttless chaps and lame-ass meat-market club shirts?

A cotton shirt is a cotton shirt. Khaki pants are khaki pants. A wool sweater is a wool sweater. White calf-length running socks are white calf length running socks. Flannel is flannel, denim is denim and leather is leather.

Only fücknuts like you spend $60 when $24 will do...just because some overhyped cocksucker has his name on the label.

Reconsider your "hehe"...and go buy yourself a clue.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow! You sure read that post differently than I did. I read it as he shops at Target and is somewhat embarassed of it. There is nothing wrong with Target. They have good stuff at great prices.
  • Reply 20 of 66
    Well, if that's the case, than I'm genuinely sorry and I apologize for sounding mean and being so nasty with my comments.

That's normally not like me.

But it sounded to me like he was knocking it and so forth and I took it that way. And if THAT'S the case, then everything I said stands.