Abu-Jamal: off death row

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Mayor ordered the MOVE house to be bombed. The Mayor at the time was Wilson Good (a black mayor).

If you check out <a href="http://www.danielfaulkner.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.danielfaulkner.com/</a>; you'll note that the coroner admitted he wasn't sure what caliber the bullet was but scribbled down .44

He really had no idea.

Also, Mumia's former lawyers believe the "confession" from the man who claims to have shot Faulkner is not credible.

I wish that damn judge would have let the mob guy testify. That could have changed everything.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    [quote]Could have guessed which side you would fall on. Pro cop killer. <hr></blockquote>

This is ridiculous. Because she's actually researched this subject and knows her stuff, she's "pro-cop killer"? Are you insane? You can't make blanket assumptions about people like that, man. Talk about bad form. I know you're not 13, don't make yourself look like it.
  • Reply 23 of 49
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    She doesn't know her stuff, just wants to be a part of the "Free the innocent black guy even though he's guilty" cult.

He's guilty-fry him. Take France along with him. What a bunch of pathetic assholes.............................
  • Reply 24 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by poor taylor:

<strong>

This is ridiculous. Because she's actually researched this subject and knows her stuff, she's "pro-cop killer"? Are you insane? You can't make blanket assumptions about people like that, man. Talk about bad form. I know you're not 13, don't make yourself look like it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

He's a Republican;he voted for a man like George W. Bush

What else is there to say?
  • Reply 25 of 49
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I know!. If Gore was president we wouldn't be in this stinking war. Planes would be crashing into buildings and suicide bombers would have a field day every week in our cities, but we wouldn't be in a war!
  • Reply 26 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by poor taylor:

<strong>

This is ridiculous. Because she's actually researched this subject and knows her stuff, she's "pro-cop killer"? Are you insane? You can't make blanket assumptions about people like that, man. Talk about bad form. I know you're not 13, don't make yourself look like it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Calls it likes I sees it.
  • Reply 27 of 49
    [quote]If Gore was president we wouldn't be in this stinking war. Planes would be crashing into buildings and suicide bombers would have a field day every week in our cities, but we wouldn't be in a war!<hr></blockquote>

Really not too sure about that Outsider. Gore and Bush were so indistingishable in the Presidential 'debates' that they could easily have been in the same party. (They agreed with each other point for point in 80%+ of all issues discussed).

Furthermore, democrats are always perceived as being the non-hawkish party and in a national emergency like Sept 11, they would be under huge pressure to deliver the goods; the last thing they would want would is be to be seen thrughout the nation and world as wimping out. As in the UK, where their PM, Tony Blair, a Labor leader (who is in a similar ideological space to Gore) was even more hawkish than the Bush White House when the attacks happened. Conservatives have less to prove re. defense issues and military readiness etc. Democrats are aware have to demonstrate that they can deliver as well. And btw... I believe that more conflicts the US has gotten into have been under a Democrat president than a Republican.
  • Reply 28 of 49
    Now do you SEE what happens when you let NON-scientists run things... jeez.

---------------------------

Vote for Philip!
  • Reply 29 of 49
    Al Gore is a scientist. He invented the internet.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>I know!. If Gore was president we wouldn't be in this stinking war. Planes would be crashing into buildings and suicide bombers would have a field day every week in our cities, but we wouldn't be in a war!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Lets not forget that the Transportation secretary is a Democrat. He was the one who portentially saved thousands of lives by called the FFA, not wasting time getting approval of the silly President, to bring down all planes and shut down all airports on September 11.
  • Reply 31 of 49
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]Calls it likes I sees it. <hr></blockquote>

It's finally been proved that you're blind then.

Every time someone disagrees with you, you resort to name calling. That's poor. If you think you're right, argue her points.

Back to the topic. All that has happened here is that the sentence has been overturned and he will be resentenced. No one is going to be freed over this. The man was found guilty in a court of law and the conviction stands.

As I'm against the death penalty, I'm glad that the sentence was overturned. There are a ton of people out there that have killed law enforcement officials, but they end up rotting in prison for the rest of their lives. That's what I believe is going to happen to this guy. If they sentence him to death again, he'll probably spend another 20 years on death row and die of old age.
  • Reply 32 of 49
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    That's his job. He wouln't be in his office if he couldn't do the most basic of his tasks. It's not like he did something extra-ordinary. He did his job and made the right decision. I don't think all Democrats are heartless monsters you know.
  • Reply 33 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>

It's finally been proved that you're blind then.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Am I blind or the only one who can see

I do believe what I said. I think people who support these lost causes are supporting some kind of anti-establishment movement. Like the anarchist "protesters" at all the global meetings. It's pro-destruction and pro-kill the pigs. It's pro cop killer. If you support Jamal you are supporting a cop killer.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    [quote]I do believe what I said. I think people who support these lost causes are supporting some kind of anti-establishment movement. Like the anarchist "protesters" at all the global meetings. It's pro-destruction and pro-kill the pigs. It's pro cop

killer. If you support Jamal you are supporting a cop killer.<hr></blockquote>

All I did, Scott, was to point out the numerous, and well-known irregularities surrounding the original trial. Why is this so unacceptable to you? Are you so trusting of the system that by default, everyone always gets a fair trial, the playing field is always level, racism doesnt exist, police departments are uncorruptible, and so on? Why does pointing out trashy trials make me a "copkiller supporter"? When procedure is compromised to accomodate an easy conviction (or popular opinion), it often backfires. Perhaps you aren't bothered, but that of course is your right.

If he had been found guilty in an untainted trial, then he would have had no grounds to have become a cause celebre.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Samantha Joanne Ollendale ]</p>
  • Reply 35 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by Samantha Joanne Ollendale:

<strong>

If he had been found guilty in an untainted trial, then he would have had no grounds to have become a cause celebre.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ha ha ha ha that's funny. All he needs is good writing skills and white guilt to become a "cause celebre"
  • Reply 36 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by Samantha Joanne Ollendale:

<strong>

All I did, Scott, was to point out the numerous, and well-known irregularities surrounding the original trial.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You did more than that. At least three things in your 10 item list have nothing to do with case. One I found to be borderline. The remaining 4 are are varying degrees of value to the case itself.
  • Reply 37 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong> All that has happened here is that the sentence has been overturned and he will be resentenced. ..The man was found guilty in a court of law and the conviction stands. </strong><hr></blockquote>

thanks, that's what i wanted to know. now as a cost savings i suggest he, zacharias moussaoui (sp?) and john walker share the same cell
  • Reply 38 of 49
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Scott H

Do us all a favor and Shutup about shit you don't know. Accusing people of supporting Cop killers is stretching things way too far. Reading your blathering rebuttals is an exercise in pain. You are the exact reason why Dumb Americans threads thrive online.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Well, he killed a cop, and she supports setting him free. What part of that don't you understand? That is supporting a cop killer............................................ .......
  • Reply 40 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by steve666:

<strong>Well, he killed a cop, and she supports setting him free. What part of that don't you understand? That is supporting a cop killer............................................ .......</strong><hr></blockquote>

It looks to me like she supports fair trials for all people.