I now working on a project with CMT!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In case if people don't know....CMT is Country Music Television....a quite huge country music channel in the US.....

Can't saying what I am doing....but you guys probably will see them soon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    So you have a job now?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Kudos!

Hope it all works out okay.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Actually, CMT has come a very long way over the years.

Years ago (late 80's and most of the 90's), they had a really low-rent, on-a-budget vibe. Even after they got popular and nationwide, their graphics and logo and so forth still looked very amateurish.

I watch it now and their style/tone and their design (logos, commercials, onscreen graphics, the actual onscreen personalities, etc.) rival anything VH-1 or MTV has offered up.

There's nothing redneck or lowbrow about them. Give them a watch sometime (not for the music, of course...modern, Top 40 "hot new country" sucks a big one), but they have some snazzy design and a nice overall look.

Who'd a thunk it?

<a href="http://www.country.com/"; target="_blank">Their website</a>.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Cool! I guess I'll have to un-delete that channel frmo my TV! (I've never been a country music fan)

Just let us know when whatever you are doing will be aired!!!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Basically.....it's the studio in New York.

The VP in there really is interested about getting me down to the US to work under his studio.

He gives me this CMT project as a 'test' to see my ability....to see if I really am worth to apply the VISA for me....

So...this is quite a pressure.....
  • Reply 6 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Congratulations. I have never seen such a waste of creativity all those month you were jobless.

Too bad I can´t see the result since:

1) We don´t have that channel here in Denmark

2) I don´t have a television

3) I haven´t got time to watch TV if I had one

4) I would never never never never never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever watch anything that remotely had anything to do with country (except Willie Nelson if thats his name. He is cooler than frankieboy and he´s even seven feet under).

Leonis: Two earplugs a day keeps insanity away

So what if I am ignorant? At least I don´t listen to Country (except for that one guy)

And once again Anders turned a post into "me me me"
  • Reply 7 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I actually don't listen to country music that much.....

But there are few country singer that I kind of like....

1) Faith Hill

2) Leanne Womack

3) Billy Gilman &lt;---that 14 years old boy

4) Shania Twain

5) Carolyn Dawn Johnson

I think that's it....

Anyway...after this project and than one more different one and he (the guy in NY) will make a decision on getting a working VISA for me or not....

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>