Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm telling you: if you haven't been watching this one, you are missing the most intense shows on the tube today. It's just seriously kickass. The pacing is superb as is the acting. It's too bad it's opposite NYPD Blue but that's the way it goes sometimes. Maybe I'll catch the "Blue" shows I missed in rerun but I won't miss an episode of 24. How many of you have been watching 24 too?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    janejane Posts: 68member
    I am, isn't it the most incredible show ever produced; there is one surprise after the other. I just love it, and I thought I would not. Just love it yesterday when the father turned out not to be the father.

By the way who do you think is behind the attempt on the life of the senator. I say it is a white supremacist group (dumb people who hate because someone is different). Or we might have a big surprise.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    i watch the show every week, great show. I saw the father thing coming, but i've tried to avoid thinking ahead too much.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER

I totally knew that guy was not that girl's father. I had a hard time figuring it out because the wife called him. It wasn't like he just showed up. Did he stake out the girls father or did he move in when the wife got the number and called over there. Did the wife speak to the real father and then the other guy killed him. After all how could they _know_ she would call him?
  • Reply 4 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER

I totally knew that guy was not that girl's father.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I kind of thought that too but they took so long to reveal it (again, good pacing) that I started to wonder if maybe I wasn't on the wrong track. Then in the hospital when Jack wanted to speak to the girl, I was pretty sure the other guy would "ace" her instead.

[quote]I had a hard time figuring it out because the wife called him. It wasn't like he just showed up. Did he stake out the girls father or did he move in when the wife got the number and called over there. Did the wife speak to the real father and then the other guy killed him. After all how could they _know_ she would call him?<hr></blockquote>

Well, it's not surprising that Jack and Teri would find out who their missing daughter was with. And once they found that out a phone call was definitely going to happen. The conspirators could have been giving Jack and Teri some time to figure out who their daughter was with on their own and if it took too long, they'd make the call instead. The girl's father was dead very early on.

A bigger plot hole revolves around the way the conspirators hacked into the hospital's security cameras. It clearly wasn't part of the original plan that Janet would end up there. That's a bit of a nitpick, I suppose. I like the way this series is always keeping me off balance.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: roger_ramjet ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 39
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    My wife and I are hooked on 24. I like Jeff Gordon. He's from Pittsboro.

Just kidding. Well, he really did live in Pittsboro.

1.) How much stuff can happen in an hour!? And, string it together, how much stuff can happen in a day!? Don't they ever use the bathroom?

2.) I think I'd be in bed sleeping at 3 am, 4 am. But NOOOO, these guys are just getting started.

3.) I don't trust the guy with the goatee

4.) Keifer Sutherland actually plays a decent part, post-brat pack and Lost Boys.
  • Reply 6 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>3.) I don't trust the guy with the goatee

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Which is why he's not the bad guy. I'm guessing it's Jamie. That Milo guy cracked the keycard awfully fast after she'd been messing around with it for hours...
  • Reply 7 of 39
    Ah, Jamie is SO cute... Has she been in anything else? What is her real name?

BTW, call me crazy, but I think jack Bauer himself is behind the assasination plot...maybe he is just trying to distract everyone else by taking the lead in the investigation while letting it happen...Eitehr him or someone involved in the rape of the Senator's wife...

Boy I cannot wait until the next show to see what he does at the breakfast...
  • Reply 8 of 39
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    picture or link please ...
  • Reply 9 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:

<strong>Ah, Jamie is SO cute... Has she been in anything else? What is her real name?</strong><hr></blockquote>

eh? I don't know. There's cuter out there.

[quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:

<strong>BTW, call me crazy, but I think jack Bauer himself is behind the assasination plot...maybe he is just trying to distract everyone else by taking the lead in the investigation while letting it happen...Eitehr him or someone involved in the rape of the Senator's wife...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Naw. His actions outside the office, when he's alone, don't follow that. When no ones looking why try so hard to solve the case. Why not just hang out at the office to keep and eye on everything?
  • Reply 10 of 39

<strong>

eh? I don't know. There's cuter out there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh no doubt, but I just have a thing for red hair, and that cute little turned up nose.

One thing I am really sick of is all these women with the short haircut. Look like a woman. Have long hair. Like Terri on 24 (Jacks wife/girlfriend I am not sure). damn is she nasty. Grow some hair my friend. JMHO Of course. To each his own.
  • Reply 11 of 39
    You are wrong my friend. Short hair is hot hot hot.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by roger_ramjet:

<strong>Which is why he's not the bad guy. I'm guessing it's Jamie...</strong><hr></blockquote>

What did I tell you? Cracked that nut, didn't I?

Man, I hate this show. I have to wait a whole freaking week to find out what happens next.
  • Reply 13 of 39
    Just so I got it right...this show was off for two weeks right? I missed this weeks "last time on 24" so I don't know where it picked up.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    I was looking for this thread earlier. Got interrupted by boss.

I just KNEW that was a bullet-proof jacket.

I also wonder, if they do another 24, will it be an entirely new storyline/cast/group, etc?

Or will they try to get the same people back?

I like this cast so far, but it might be hard to keep fresh over more than a couple of seasons. The reason being, as this story unfolds we also find out a lot about the characters. They won't be able to do that after this season to this degree, IMO.
  • Reply 15 of 39

<strong>Just so I got it right...this show was off for two weeks right?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep.

[quote]<strong>I missed this weeks "last time on 24" so I don't know where it picked up.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It showed Janet York in her hospital bed getting murdered by that guy and Terri Bauer getting that call from Nina telling her they've ID'd a body as Alan York.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: roger_ramjet ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>I also wonder, if they do another 24, will it be an entirely new storyline/cast/group, etc? </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think they will do another one. As much as I love the show it hasn't been getting very good ratings.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    24 is good. The <a href="http://us.imdb.com/Name?Cuthbert,+Elisha"; target="_blank">actress</a> who plays the daughter is 19 and looks it not the 15 her character is.

Alias is better.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>

Alias is better.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Dark Angle knock off which is a knock off of La Fem Nikita which is a spin off of the movie.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>24 is good...

Alias is better.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The chick in Alias is ultra-hot but the show doesn't have the same kinetic energy that 24 has. Alias is more conventional with plot resolutions coming as steady as clockwork every week.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    Okay. I've been slow-mo-ing it and I still can't figure out what the daughter's shirt says.

I know. I know. It' hard to read when there's a distraction in the torn area. BUT, really, it looks like it starts with G and then ends in ens or something.

The G also appears to have 'indian' feathers to the breast err left of it.