Mac OS X market share up 29%, Leopard still most common

Comments

• Reply 141 of 161
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knightlie View Post

He is correct - there is no separate iPhone version of Darwin for them to release, thereby making your argument incorrect. I think the discussion is above you, rather than anyone else, and you obviously don't even know what "Darwin" is in this context.

Here's a space for you to use to go off on another tangent:

I total know what Darwin is, it is the open source core of OSX, open source in the fact that Apple will release the Intel code, but not the ARM. Why is this, especailly if they are the same like you claim? Now you can use your tangent since you don't understand.
  • Reply 142 of 161
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

So if they are running a version OSX, will Apple release a new XCode with a Mac target of ARM? Or is this where you are missing the point again?

Oy vey!
  • Reply 143 of 161
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ulfhednar View Post

Yeah, and the iPhone and iPod touch sales are ramping up so fast you can't even afford to blink. There are probably closer to 50 million iPhones in the market (as of this second), and maybe as many as 30 million iPod Touches. All of which are unrepresented by Quantcas in this thread.

It's a big deal to not mention it. The iPhone OS has a big future, WinXP does not. i.e. the iPhone, Touch, and soon to be iPad are very worthy of mention, whereas the netbooks . . . not so much.

and all these old mac phones pods touchs never die

the legacy market FOR used mac products is huge ..

un told stories abound where a father passes a itouch or iphone or imac down to his son so he can buy the newest toy offered by steve

or brother to brother . so the installed itunes or app base is ever growing .

the ipod touch will out sell the iphone by 3 to 1 very soon / the gamers from every part of society are jumping in . !!!!

and when the nano phone arrives the real fun will start ..

mobile mac os has already changed the world and the world habits as we know it . everyone now expect's smart phones to do so much more in a simple fashion.

go apple
  • Reply 144 of 161
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

I total know what Darwin is, it is the open source core of OSX, open source in the fact that Apple will release the Intel code, but not the ARM. Why is this, especailly if they are the same like you claim? Now you can use your tangent since you don't understand.

dude

its painful to watch you try to squirm out of your painted in a corner glaring error . ..

slowly

and i mean

slowly back out of this thread

make 3 random left turns

stop to admire a small rare bottles store

turn and board that bus

whew !!
  • Reply 145 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

dude

its painful to watch you try to squirm out of your painted in a corner glaring error . ..

slowly

and i mean

slowly back out of this thread

make 3 random left turns

stop to admire a small rare bottles store

turn and board that bus

whew !!

Come on, using sentences for once, can you show me this glaring error you talk about?
  • Reply 146 of 161
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

So if they are running a version OSX, will Apple release a new XCode with a Mac target of ARM? Or is this where you are missing the point again?

What an effing idiotic thing to say.

OBTW, the answer is not only YES, but they already have the beta SDK in distribution.

OS X iPhone SDK 3.2.

Gee it's just the regular Xcode with the iPhone/iPad specific APIs added in. With the appropriate compile targets!!!

OMG OS X apps compilable for an ARM core! Ohes noes!!!!!

Wanna prove anything more about your lack of clue?
  • Reply 147 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Oy vey!

How was the holday? Must have been good
  • Reply 148 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

What an effing idiotic thing to say.

OBTW, the answer is not only YES, but they already have the beta SDK in distribution.

OS X iPhone SDK 3.2.

Gee it's just the regular Xcode with the iPhone/iPad specific APIs added in. With the appropriate compile targets!!!

OMG OS X apps compilable for an ARM core! Ohes noes!!!!!

Wanna prove anything more about your lack of clue?

effing? Do you meaning fucking? Why not using the word.

With the current XCode for the Mac, you can target PPC and Intel, are you telling me from that same source you can target ARM? That's right, you don't have a clue do you.
  • Reply 149 of 161
    Quote:

effing? Do you meaning fucking? Why not using the word.

With the current XCode for the Mac, you can target PPC and Intel, are you telling me from that same source you can target ARM? That's right, you don't have a clue do you.

To quote a wise man: Oy Vey!
  • Reply 150 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ulfhednar View Post

To quote a wise man: Oy Vey!

You haven't quoted a wise man, well unless you were referring to the message of mine you quoted...
  • Reply 151 of 161
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    j•fann•ing [j•fann•ing] alt [j•fann\\•ing] noun, verb

–noun

1. a handle on the AI boards (see internet forums)

–verb

1. to perform or do repeatedly in a comically ineffective manner: e.g. To pull a jfanning

2. to lack wit and sensibility: e.g. effing? "Do you meaning fucking? Why not using the word."

2. to cherry-pick inaccurately and in a pathetic maner: e.g. "With the current XCode for the Mac" when responding to a post on OS X iPhone SDK 3.2 in Xcode 3.2

-prediction

1. The only place down from here is if the verb form [ e.g. To pull a jfanning ] were to become a 4chan meme.
  • Reply 152 of 161
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

To clarify, my numbers aren't to show installed base, but to answer Lemon Bon Bon's earlier question of how many devices has Apple sold running a form of OS X.

Righty ho!
  • Reply 153 of 161
    Thank for this Adobe. That's Adobe who actually drives professional market for Apple.

If Adobe was supporting their older suite on Snow Leopard the move would be more rapid. I know because I also run some business and i am not planning to spend extra $1000-$1500 for professional graphics ugrades just so to run Snow Leopard if older one works just fine and does everything we need with publishers and print houses. Do you think it is smart to shell out some money in this economy... especially when publishing is not doing so well as it used to?

If you do not have any expensive pro applications then you can go any way you want. After all you're going to pay $29-$49 only for Snow Leopard upgrade.

I would think that those pros forced to buy new Apple computer and stil having license for older Leopard might try to downgrade if hardware allows.
  • Reply 154 of 161
    Quote:

You haven't quoted a wise man, well unless you were referring to the message of mine you quoted...

To quote an unwise man: effing? Do you meaning fucking? Why not using the word.
  • Reply 155 of 161
    gescomgescom Posts: 69member
    Apple PC's with OS X are at 6.3% worldwide market share.

HP, Acer,etc. PC's with Windows are at 91.7% worldwide market share.

//

OSX like Linux market share is and was negligible, so why even bother with amazing news about enormous procentage.
  • Reply 156 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gescom View Post

Apple PC's with OS X are at 6.3% worldwide market share.

HP, Acer,etc. PC's with Windows are at 91.7% worldwide market share.

//

OSX like Linux market share is and was negligible, so why even bother with amazing news about enormous procentage.

Did you really just compare one PC vendor against all PC vendors then say their growth is negligible?!?!?!
  • Reply 157 of 161
    Quote:

Did you really just compare one PC vendor against all PC vendors then say their growth is negligible?!?!?!

Of course, it's not about PC vendors but Operating system share. And as I said OSX like Linux market share is and was negligible.
  • Reply 158 of 161
    Quote:

Of course, it's not about PC vendors but Operating system share. And as I said OSX like Linux market share is and was negligible.

if it's about operating systems and not about building PCs then Apple would have licensed their superior OS to all those vendors that have been wanting to get out from underneath MS' thumb for all these decades. But they haven't, so having the most OS marketshare isn't the most important thing for Apple or its customers.
  • Reply 159 of 161
    Quote:

....if .... would have licensed ......But they haven't

LOL. If, then, maybe, perhaps. It doesn't matter. Facts are facts. LOL.
  • Reply 160 of 161
    Quote:

LOL. If, then, maybe, perhaps. It doesn't matter. Facts are facts. LOL.

They are, but have stated none. You've just stated myopic opinions as absolutions statements. A little objectivity goes a long way. Fact!