Apple rumored to begin retail iPad sales March 26

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Ideas for the prize:

1. A free utilization of their current netbook.

2. A free utilization of their current Kindle.

3. iPad Tshirt.

4. Free month of wifi?

5. A free female hygene product of their choice?

6. Most likely like a five dollar itunes/ ibooks gift card.
  • Reply 22 of 56
    yesicanyesican Posts: 46member
    I hope no one waiting in line gets scammed like those 3 years ago who bought iPhones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/te...y/07apple.html
  • Reply 23 of 56
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

Microsoft, Dell, HP, ASUS, etc will all have people standing in line on the 25th so they can get an early start on the ipad teardown. I'll bet we'll see teardown pics by noon.

We'll also see posts right here from the resident trolls tearing the iPad down in writing. Oh wait, they've been it since the announcement. What was I thinking?
  • Reply 24 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yesiCan View Post

I hope no one waiting in line gets scammed like those 3 years ago who bought iPhones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/te...y/07apple.html

I got both the apple voucher and 2 free months from ATT. Instead of dropping 200 in value I got 260.00 in freebies - 60 over cost, and 2 months of use. Even if Woz hadn't signed it (true story) fine by me.

Nice try tho troll.
  • Reply 25 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoctorBenway View Post

I got both the apple voucher and 2 free months from ATT. Instead of dropping 200 in value I got 260.00 in freebies - 60 over cost, and 2 months of use. Even if Woz hadn't signed it (true story) fine by me.

Nice try tho troll.

Nice try Apple Paid Employee. If you have it then you'd be proud to take a picture of it with you showing the signature.

Like me and the rest of the dumb asses that paid full price I got $100 gift credit for Store Only (Not iTunes). AT&T wouldn't take it when I purchased my 3G.

I eventually purchased Apple Care after a year to cover my 3G. I didn't want anything else in the Apple Store.

Marketing Hype and BS Leaks worked in the past. It will not be the same for the iPad and Apple will say no lines were because of pre-orders.

Giving free unidentified gifts if you stand in line to give Apple PR is really a low marketing scam.

Let the product stand on it's own and give the info for the Chip Specs. I will never spend $600 for a product I don't know the specs on and I believe the average (non kool-aid drinker) will be the same.

I'm in it for Android. Steve Jobs & Apple will lose a lot of mind share for their choice to go after HTC today.

The market is changing and I don't see an "i" in front of the top sellers in 2010.
  • Reply 26 of 56
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moloch View Post

I saw a video in which people admitted being paid $200 to stand in line for some event at NYC's Apple store...

clearly on the ms payroll.

in other news, i was walking the dog in the park today and saw my attorney friend who was a die-hard pc user--until recently purchasing a mac pro laptop.

words can't describe her experience. really, she was at a loss for words about what a positive experience this has been for her. she was almost giddy. this is a lawyer, folks. she was totally stoked about the 1 year one on one and other things, and couldn't say enough about the fact that her computer didn't crash; that she didn't have to spend hours trying to figure out things. now, she's talking about editing photos on her computer (which is the topic that started our discussion).

teckstud and all you other trolls, there really is no counter argument to this.
  • Reply 27 of 56
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moloch View Post

I saw a video in which people admitted being paid $200 to stand in line for some event at NYC's Apple store...

clearly on the ms payroll.

in other news, i was walking the dog in the park today and saw an attorney friend who was a die-hard pc user--until recently. she just purchased a mac pro laptop.

words can't describe her experience--really, she was at a loss for words about what a positive experience this has been for her. she was almost giddy. this is a lawyer, folks. she was totally stoked about the 1 year one on one and other things, and couldn't say enough about the fact that her computer didn't crash; that she didn't have to spend hours trying to figure out things. now, she's talking about editing photos on her computer (which is the topic that started our discussion). her only regret is not having purchased the 15" mac pro.

teckstud and all you other trolls, say all you want, there really is no counter argument to this.
  • Reply 28 of 56
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I'm in it for Android. Steve Jobs & Apple will lose a lot of mind share for their choice to go after HTC today.

The market is changing and I don't see an "i" in front of the top sellers in 2010.

Somehow I don't think a company who has no problems selling their products is worried about a 'competitor' who gives theirs away. Droids are buy-one, get-one free through Verizon.
  • Reply 29 of 56
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Why must I wait until late April/early May?
  • Reply 30 of 56
    Quote:

Nice try Apple Paid Employee. If you have it then you'd be proud to take a picture of it with you showing the signature.

Suck it down bitch.

Even got a shot of him with my marker signing other people's books at Kepler's in Menlo Park at the Fake-Steve Jobs book event where he signed my (first) iPhone. He's quite proactive in the Bay Area, so it's not at all-hard to get an autograph. He signed my Mac mini at a different event too (This Week in Tech podcast in SF) - want to see that troll?

And I (currently) work for a publishing company - but I suppose you want a photo of that too. Well you get one pic post for free - I don't do charity work (presently - did in the past tho). Bitch.

• Reply 31 of 56
    Quote:

Suck it down bitch.

I don't do charity work (presently - did in the past tho). Bitch.

HAHAH damn he just got your ass!
  • Reply 32 of 56
    ozexigeozexige Posts: 215member
    Quote:

Nice try Apple Paid Employee.

removed for brevity - or blah blah blah

You're otta ya cottin-pickin-mind there Angus mate.

You don't see an "i" in front of top-sellers this year

AND

You're an HTC boy - ? ....meh

AND

Apple will wish they hadn't picked on HTC

wooooo - I'm sure Apple are'a' quakin in them thar boots
  • Reply 33 of 56
    Would it kill this company to go on record with something someday?

Has apple 'officially' admitted to working on a tablet-computing device yet?
  • Reply 34 of 56
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElmCityWeb View Post

Nice to hear new rumors.

Are there any Apple employees here?

No, Apple prohibits commenting on any rumor sites such as these. Unless the employees are very sneaky. =)
  • Reply 35 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

Shouldn't we have heard something from FCC by now if it is going to be released in less than four weeks? Laser engraving all those iPads has to take some time...

Wifi doesn't require FCC approval, because it's pre-approved - a new 3g device does and that one is slated for April.
  • Reply 36 of 56
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Troll pwnin' time!

Suck it down bitch.

Best post ever!
  • Reply 37 of 56
    jerseymacjerseymac Posts: 408member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokyweedman View Post

I wonder what the special gift will be ? I remember when I was waiting in line for the iPhone back in '07, Apple Geniuses were walking up and down the queue handing out bottled water (this was at the Apple Store in Atlantic City).:

I was just there yesterday.
  • Reply 38 of 56
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

Would it kill this company to go on record with something someday?

Has apple 'officially' admitted to working on a tablet-computing device yet?

Doctor Benway, you deserve to get to answer this.
  • Reply 39 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Doctor Benway, you deserve to get to answer this.

Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqp8_...=youtube_gdata

Wait, did you want Steve JOBS?
  • Reply 40 of 56
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    I am more interested in buying the books in iTunes, for reading on my computer. But for those who want an iPad - good luck, I hope you get one!