Apple rumored to begin retail iPad sales March 26

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    richysrichys Posts: 160member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bxs6408 View Post

No doubt about it. Apple will sell as many as they can ship. I was hoping to see iPad notification for sale starting this past Monday Mar 1st. Hmmmm, so it's likely to be Mar 26 when people start receiving Emails the iPad is available for ordering.

As I have an iPhone 3G (has GPS already) already I think my best option will be the Wi-Fi model, so Mar 26th can't come quick enough. If for some reason I'm not happy with it or feel the need for the 3G version we will end up with both models to share about.

It will be a pleasure to finally be able to actually read things on a mobile device and will be encouraged to read more than I can do on my iPhone which for me is just too darn small.

Roll on Mar 26th, 2010.

The wifi only model has GPS too.

I was thinking long and hard about which model to get, and I actually think the base 16GB wifi only model will do. I'm not going to keep tonnes of songs or movies on there (I have an iPod and iPhone for that), and plenty of my data can be held in the cloud (so it's accessible anywhere by any of my devices) -- iDisk for instance.

There are various solutions to 'tethering' the wifi model to my iPhone that I know of now, and maybe some more will come available later (e.g. Bluetooth). I might even give this jailbreaking lark a go so I can get MyWi on there.

My guess is that the iPad will cost £399 (inc VAT) in the UK, which is reasonable (about the same as I paid for my refurbed 32GB 3GS). Oh, and I'll add the camera kit too. That'll come in handy on holiday (and be great for uploading photos to Flickr or MobileMe gallery while still away). Oh, and probably the basic dock, just so I can charge it easily (and the various iPhones/iPods kicking around the house). That and it'll make a good picture frame too (initially I thought that the portrait nature of the dock would make it a poor digiframe, but actually I think it's a genius solution -- at the moment portrait shots are useless on my current digiframe, but the way the iPad composites several photos onto the 10" display means you can show both portrait and landscape on one large frame. Brilliant).

I'm certainly not going to be waiting in line for one (can't be bothered, and can't afford the time off work), but hopefully Apple in Regent Street will have a decent stock level in. And just in time to go off on my Easter break!
  • Reply 42 of 56
    yesicanyesican Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoctorBenway View Post

I got both the apple voucher and 2 free months from ATT. Instead of dropping 200 in value I got 260.00 in freebies - 60 over cost, and 2 months of use. Even if Woz hadn't signed it (true story) fine by me.

Nice try tho troll.

And you were one satisfied sucker amongst how many not?

Nothing trollish at all , I even posted the totally unbiased article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/te...pple.html?_r=1

Nice try at distorting history tho.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

Microsoft, Dell, HP, ASUS, etc will all have people standing in line on the 25th so they can get an early start on the ipad teardown. I'll bet we'll see teardown pics by noon.

that sounds true.
  • Reply 44 of 56
    Is there any PRE-order??
  • Reply 45 of 56
    ozexigeozexige Posts: 215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yesiCan View Post

And you were one satisfied sucker amongst how many not?

Nothing trollish at all , I even posted the totally unbiased article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/te...pple.html?_r=1

Careful EVERYONE

A warning from 'yesiCan' - you're 'Odds On' to be 'suckered' at any launch of the iPad.

Now, don't say he didn't warn you
  • Reply 46 of 56
    yesicanyesican Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OzExige View Post

Careful EVERYONE

A warning from 'yesiCan' - you're 'Odds On' to be 'suckered' at any launch of the iPad.

Now, don't say he didn't warn you

The article speaks for iTself. No warning at all from me but from history.

Will history repeat itself?
  • Reply 47 of 56
    crift2012crift2012 Posts: 124member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Nice try Apple Paid Employee. If you have it then you'd be proud to take a picture of it with you showing the signature.

The market is changing and I don't see an "i" in front of the top sellers in 2010.

Quote:

Suck it down bitch.

Even got a shot of him with my marker signing other people's books at Kepler's in Menlo Park at the Fake-Steve Jobs book event where he signed my (first) iPhone. He's quite proactive in the Bay Area, so it's not at all-hard to get an autograph. He signed my Mac mini at a different event too (This Week in Tech podcast in SF) - want to see that troll?

And I (currently) work for a publishing company - but I suppose you want a photo of that too. Well you get one pic post for free - I don't do charity work (presently - did in the past tho). Bitch.

PWNED!

WOOHOOOO LOLOLOLOLOLOL......owned how many times are you going to open your mouth and be proven you only talk out of the wrong orifice and that's only lip syncing that you are doing...
  • Reply 48 of 56
    cu10cu10 Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OhReallyNow View Post

I am not an apple employee anymore, but I was one for 3.5 years, not too long ago. I therefore cannot speak with certainty, but if this is anything like the apple new product launch events of the past, I can tell ya employees won't be gettin their hands on this thing over 2 weeks prior to ship. What they will be getting is an iLearn...

Awesome post dude, behind the scenes at the Apple Store.

Quote:

Even got a shot of [Woz] with my marker signing other people's books...He's quite proactive in the Bay Area,

Woz was at the (unofficial) Modbook tablet unveiling at last year's Macworld, no doubt he'll be around for the iPad release too!
  • Reply 49 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yesiCan View Post

Nice spam troll. Flood much?
  • Reply 50 of 56
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moloch View Post

I saw a video in which people admitted being paid $200 to stand in line for some event at NYC's Apple store. Quite a few of them expressed disdain for Apple products on camera. One of them threw an iPhone onto the ground. None of them seemed like the Apple users I've met, they were all very coarse. It was like whoever was in charge of selecting fake Apple fans did not care how these people behaved.

Why do I think Apple would not need to pay anyone anything to stand in a line. Plenty of fanbois out there. You did not say who produced this infamous video.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

Why do I think Apple would not need to pay anyone anything to stand in a line. Plenty of fanbois out there. You did not say who produced this infamous video.

Oh he's trying to make "I smash my - insert consumer product here" into a protest meme. That's older than the dancing hamsters. They also trashed PS3s Wiis and other products by getting in line and buying an early one to trash on camera for linkbait to their site.

Moloch thinks this is a real protest? Really Moloch? Really?

Clarifier for Moloch - Glen Beck's on-camera tears? It's an act. He's acting. And Star Wars isn't a documentary, and - hide the kids - Santa Claus isn't real.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    I could care less about meeting Woz or getting his autograph, but I would love to have the watch he's wearing in the pic: I think it's a rare nixie tube watch...
  • Reply 53 of 56
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Apple has to train the employees on how to use an iPad? Are you serious? That will be a short training session. Instructor: Points to table with iPod Touches on display. Done. You have now been trained on how to use an iPad.

Wait in line for an iPad = Losers. These won't be flying off the shelves. Maybe the dorks that wait in line will be the same losers that camped out for Star Wars Episode I!
  • Reply 54 of 56
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Apple has to train the employees on how to use an iPad? Are you serious? That will be a short training session. Instructor: Points to table with iPod Touches on display. Done. You have now been trained on how to use an iPad.

It's not just a scaled up iPod Touch despite what the trollish commenters want you to believe. Presentation is marketing and having an Apple Store employee have to not be sure if a new product has a certain function or not be exactly sure where a feature is on the new layout is not good. Sure the learning curve is excessively steep since it's designed to be simple and the UI has a many similar aspects to the smaller iPhone OS devices, but that doesn't negate the need for training your sales staff.
  • Reply 55 of 56
    Think Mum will get one?
  • Reply 56 of 56
    icyfogicyfog Posts: 338member
    I am really looking forward to the release of the iPad. I only wish I could be inline for it.