'Minor delays' in iPad production could limit Apple launch to 200K

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55

Yes - the 3G device needs to be authorized. That's why all the units out in the wild (at developers, at Grammy awards and publisher offices) are the WiFi version. Good catch.
  • Reply 22 of 55
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoctorBenway View Post

Yes - the 3G device needs to be authorized. That's why all the units out in the wild (at developers, at Grammy awards and publisher offices) are the WiFi version. Good catch.

Well, I thought even new Wifi devices need FCC approval. If I am not mistaken Apple started selling Time Capsule and the new Magic Mouse only after FCC approval.
  • Reply 23 of 55
    jb85jb85 Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Psst. Wifi devices don't need FCC approval - because they approved WiFi devices ages ago - and oddly enough - they haven't duct taped laser-cats to it, or made other modifications that would require re-approval.

A new 3G device sure - but that's not coming out in March.

Why. Trying to pump the stock? If so I've got some laser-cats I'd like to sell you. MEW PEW!

HA laser cats, that is awesome.
  • Reply 24 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Well, I thought even new Wifi devices need FCC approval. If I am not mistaken Apple started selling Time Capsule and the new Magic Mouse only after FCC approval.

The new Magic mouse is Wifi? That IS magical.

I thought it was bluetooth. Slap me awake - I'm a dreamin' - everything is Wifi. My coffee? Wifi. My aunt's gout? Wifi. Duct-taped Laser Cats? - Oh you bet that's-a-wifi.
  • Reply 25 of 55
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nah. Just trying to depress the stock price so they can buy more. It's an old, old game.

if so, has it worked? No. If so, would the analyst have said, "We believe this is just a minor hiccup in a longer-term entirely new revenue stream and product roadmap for AAPL." Again, no.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
  • Reply 26 of 55
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    The amount of people on Macrumors who literally believe these "delays" are due to a camera is staggering

Denial is a frightening thing.
  • Reply 27 of 55
    Quote:

I thought it was bluetooth. Slap me awake - I'm a dreamin' - everything is Wifi. My coffee? Wifi. My aunt's gout? Wifi. Duct-taped Laser Cats? - Oh you bet that's-a-wifi.

Oh please. Bluetooth

The point was not only 3G devices require FCC approval. You could correct me if I am wrong since you claim to know more about this subject.
  • Reply 28 of 55
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

The amount of people on Macrumors who literally believe these "delays" are due to a camera is staggering

Denial is a frightening thing.

They dumb. It's obviously because they are adding Core-i7 and the complete version of Mac OS X.
  • Reply 29 of 55
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

While every reply so far in this thread could be true, so could the production delays stated in the article. Production problems do happen and I'd wager they are much more common than these conspiracies being real.

Its always interesting when we go from a 650k rumor to a 200k rumor in one day on the same site.
  • Reply 30 of 55
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:

They dumb. It's obviously because they are adding Core-i7 and the complete version of Mac OS X.

Its really liquid cooling. The heatpipes sticking out the back keep getting stuck on the assembly line.
  • Reply 31 of 55
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:

Sorry to let you down but no you are wrong, that was the easy part. I heard from a friend of a friend, of a guy who dated a girl who's second cousin dated a guy who's sister was roommates with a janitor at apple that the real delay is incorporating the front facing LED embedded camera, but don't tell anyone mmk?
  • Reply 32 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Oh please. Bluetooth

The point was not only 3G devices require FCC approval. You could correct me if I am wrong since you claim to know more about this subject.

The point is Wifi doesn't need approval again. Bluetooth and 3G aren't Wifi. But what if they were! Welcome to Wifi World - would you like a nice glass of cool refreshing Wifi? Careful not to touch your plate of WiFi - it's very hot.
  • Reply 33 of 55
    Quote:

Psst. Wifi devices don't need FCC approval - because they approved WiFi devices ages ago - and oddly enough - they haven't duct taped laser-cats to it, or made other modifications that would require re-approval.

A new 3G device sure - but that's not coming out in March.

Why. Trying to pump the stock? If so I've got some laser-cats I'd like to sell you. MEW PEW!

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that is correct. I think any new module and/or component that transmits radio waves has to get approval. Since Apple is all about integrated devices and custom logic boards I think even the WiFi-only iPad will need to pass FCC approval. Same goes for BT.
  • Reply 34 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

The complaint that goes like this, "Why did I waste $499 or more on a giant iPod Touch?"

HILLSTONES...thanks for the MBP-delay-induced laugh. I nearly spewed Diet Coke all over my monitor. Awesome.

I'm waiting for someone to say that the iPad will actually turn into the rumored MBP transformer-style if you get the right app.
  • Reply 35 of 55
    Quote:

I don't think that is correct. I think any new module and/or component that transmits radio waves has to get approval. Since Apple is all about integrated devices and custom logic boards I think even the WiFi-only iPad will need to pass FCC approval. Same goes for BT.

I was waiting for him to provide a link instead of talking about things he don't understand. New WiFi devices requires FCC approvals. One example is this.

Furthermore, he seems to ignore the fact that the iPad also have BT. In every case (3G or not) it will require FCC approval. Apple statement didn't specify which device require approval as well, which clearly hints that the iPad (3G or not) requires FCC approval.
  • Reply 36 of 55
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Dang, I didn't realize this would be such a haven for trolls, even though it would appear that some of the trolls are actually on their troll 'support' accounts laughing at their own jokes and pushing their trolliness forward.

Well back to work
  • Reply 37 of 55
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElmCityWeb View Post

It's illegal if the rumors are untrue.

A rumor is just that. It is not substantiated so it's not "true" or "untrue".
  • Reply 38 of 55
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Dang, I didn't realize this would be such a haven for trolls, even though it would appear that some of the trolls are actually on their troll 'support' accounts laughing at their own jokes and pushing their trolliness forward.

Well back to work

Actually the mods do a reasonably good job of "controlling" the trolls ... for example, I see that Tekstud, even with the most recent "spelling" of his name has been banished into cyberland again .... hopefully never to be heard from again .... all of his previous posts have been erased, ... for the second time .... that must be a record.
  • Reply 39 of 55
    Quote:

Very totally correct - any new module needs to be approved. Have they been changing their WiFi components lately? Is it still called WiFi? I suspect that it's the same as in all the other lumps of WiFi plastic coming out of China no? Or are they using that new Snowflake WiFi I've been hearing about, where no two WiFi are the same. S'true because the way to keep costs down - is to reinvent every component possible.

That's good business - with laser-cats duct taped to it.

MEW PEW!
  • Reply 40 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Actually the mods do a reasonably good job of "controlling" the trolls ... for example, I see that Tekstud, even with the most recent "spelling" of his name has been banished into cyberland again .... hopefully never to be heard from again .... all of his previous posts have been erased, ... for the second time .... that must be a record.

Really? I wondered why the forum seemed calmer the last couple days. I just figured it was holiday.