Apple to offer developers simple tools for monetizing iPhone apps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Pretty nice that they are going out of their way to do good stuff to help them out.

Jess

www.fbi-logging.at.tc
  • Reply 22 of 26
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

That wasted space is nothing like the wasted eye movement driven by center justifying everything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Maybe someone could convince the mods that this annoying behavior is breaking the AI TOS agreement.

Oh! I thought that DaHarder never had anything to say. Never thought that some one would center justify their post. Looked like empty space, so thought that it was blank.

Just learn to ignore it and don't let it bother you.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Maybe someone could convince the mods that this annoying behavior is breaking the AI TOS agreement.

He isn't breaking AI's TOS by aligning center. I think JeffDM was going to look into removing some of the markup options that some posters abuse.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

He isn't breaking AI's TOS by aligning center. I think JeffDM was going to look into removing some of the markup options that some posters abuse.

That would be wonderful. I'm all for allowing everyone to express their opinions here, but centered text is not a point of view.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Quote:

That would be wonderful. I'm all for allowing everyone to express their opinions here, but centered text is not a point of view.

It's a private board, The mods and admins could tell him to quit if they wanted to. It wouldn't have to be public and vacations for violations wouldn't need to be made public either.

As it is, the centered posts are worthless. I don't read them, I just notice it's AFU formatting and decide if the poster cared about communicating in a responsible way they wouldn't do that. Every once in a while though, when the post is short enough and the shot is ripe enough... I'll take it. Other than that, he's wasting perfectly good electrons.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

It's a private board, The mods and admins could tell him to quit if they wanted to.

They could, but that would be an abuse of their power. As much as I hate the center align posts and find them distracting I have to agree with their decision to follow the letter of law, so to speak.