Mac Mouse Jumpy/Jerky

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    There's no OS problem with this. Did you take a look and make sure there's not a hair over the lens? That happens with my Magic Mouse all the time.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    kinokikinoki Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Did you install any Adobe products, like Dreamweaver?

Yes, I have Dreamweaver and Photoshop on both computers - one with Tiger, one with Leopard. As I have Leopard on my MacBook Pro I've tried the mouse on that - and it doesn't jump so probably not OS 10.5 after all. The mystery deepens...
  • Reply 23 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok View Post

just as a quick follow-up to this thread, i've been trying to look into purchasing some sort of metal to act as a shield along the wall behind my computer. i would like it to be somewhat interesting, without breaking the bank. home depot has limited options (though i have an idea regarding corrugated aluminum roof material sheets). anyone know what i could look for as an affordable alternative that would look okay? i would think i need, at minimum, a 4 foot by 4 foot sheet. preferably perforated aluminum similar to the G5's.

any knowledge would be appreciated.

Home depot or Lowe's probably sell a 4X4 sheet of perforated, lattice work, steel sheeting. I have seen this used in pairs in a wooden, grooved framework as a semi-privacy screen to delineate work areas instead of cubicles,

To avoid having to build the wooden frames to hold them, you could hang them from hooks in the ceiling,

Hopefully the perforations will still permit the shielding to work. It would be more decorative than a solid sheet.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    ferazelferazel Posts: 18member
    I don't know if this will help, but I had this problem on my Mac Pro.

The problem was actually not with the mouse but the fact that I had an external monitor plugged into the computer but the monitor was not on. After I turned on the monitor or unplugged the monitor from the computer would the jerkiness stop.

I could tell it was the computer because in the flurry screen saver I could see the computer actually hang there and cause breaks in the particle effect.

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ferazel View Post

I don't know if this will help, but I had this problem on my Mac Pro.

The problem was actually not with the mouse but the fact that I had an external monitor plugged into the computer but the monitor was not on. After I turned on the monitor or unplugged the monitor from the computer would the jerkiness stop.

I could tell it was the computer because in the flurry screen saver I could see the computer actually hang there and cause breaks in the particle effect.

Hope that helps.

WOW Thanks a lot , my aux. monitor was off .AS soon as I turn it back on the mouse was ok , great thanks