Transparent House creates "Anatomy of Apple Design" iPad tribute

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    allblueallblue Posts: 393member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

No... This is a tribute to Apple's iPad... a tribute that might be found on SNL! In case you haven't seen already, enjoy...

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/03/06/found...hello-to-epad/

Gosh there have been a lot of these.. I think this one's funnier:

Filthy blasphemer's version (Flash)

For the pure at heart (HTML5)
  • Reply 22 of 38
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

I doubt the iPhone design can look dated. I mean, with the iPhone, Apple has taken minimalism to its extreme. Almost all design elements have been removed, leaving the screen (which is necessary) as the only part. I guess, in the future they can get rid of the home button, and the volume buttons, but that wont change it enough to make this design dated, IMO.

Regarding your PS, you missed the whole point of this video. Its not a video camera, but CGI, in that it is completely animated (based on images from the web....)

Real, virtual, the comment still applies. Not being a real camera still doesn't escape the fact that the "camera work" is pretty cheesy. It reminds me of those computer banner ads where the product spins that turned me off computer technology for a while.

At least it doesn't have the J J Abrams style of camera holding.
  • Reply 23 of 38
    There was no current iMac, no iPod, cube, half-dome, original transparent iMac. A lot was missing.

However, they did somehow manage to flip around an iPad and get all the reflections correctly without actually having one.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I never connected the Newton Message Pad to the iPad moniker before. This helped to clarify Apple's decision on the iPad name.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    The video would go so well with The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony."
  • Reply 26 of 38
    mattgmattg Posts: 2member
    Cool stuff but...can't have a showcase of 'Apple Design' without the TiBook and the iMac G4, IMO. When I think Apple design, those are the two machines I think of!
  • Reply 27 of 38
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkHernandez View Post

There was no current iMac, no iPod, cube, half-dome, original transparent iMac. A lot was missing.

However, they did somehow manage to flip around an iPad and get all the reflections correctly without actually having one.

Although they missed out on the iPad display. The image was mapped onto the top of the modeled object, versus being underneath a top layer of glass, which would have dimension even if it is very thin. Still, everything looked pretty cool.
  • Reply 28 of 38
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TiAdiMundo View Post

Created on a Windows PC.

Well and once again no mention of Dieter Rams \

I was also amused that everyone (else) is pretending to ignore point that 3D Studio Max is Windows Only, though I'm pretty sure many have noticed
  • Reply 29 of 38
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    How odd that they left out one of the most important Macs in Apple's history: the first iMac. Guess the shape or translucency was too hard to render. In fact none of the interesting iMacs were featured. And they colored the Mac 512 wrong (and called it a Mac I).

Would have been more interesting to include more iPods. Basically they get thinner while the screens get bigger and bigger and the controls shrink.
  • Reply 30 of 38
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattg View Post

Cool stuff but...can't have a showcase of 'Apple Design' without the TiBook and the iMac G4, IMO. When I think Apple design, those are the two machines I think of!

Very true.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    No Apple ][? No iPod? No "Pixar" iMac? No sign of original titanium Powerbook or G4 PowerMacs? No sign of OSX Public Beta, one of those software moments that says "yes!".

Pfffft. Fail.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattg View Post

and the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh of course...
  • Reply 33 of 38
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Nice 3D models but what's the point of it? Are they trying to get work with Apple.

Maybe they just wanted to show Disney the proper way to do Cgi, from what I hear these Cgi animations look much better then the ones in Alice.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 700member
    Several design lineages were gaping holes:

Apple II > //c > Mac Portable

and

Newton > eMate > iBook
  • Reply 35 of 38
    gromitgromit Posts: 37member
    I can understand the non inclusion of the iPod, but for me thew biggest omission is the iMac. The iMac was the start of Apple's reputation for beautiful innovative hardware design. The iMac saved the company, so to forget it in the history of Apple is a major blunder.
  • Reply 36 of 38
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    The key omission was the Bondi Blue iMac, after all it relaunced Apple and started a complete revolution in design!
  • Reply 37 of 38
    masternavmasternav Posts: 442member
    OK guys seriously - did you not read the disclaimer - they were going for only those devices which followed the portability meme throught product lines to the iPad? I know - lots of good stuff back in the day. Yeah we get that.

Heh, I wonder if they ran 3D Studio Max in Windows on a Mac? (just sayin')
  • Reply 38 of 38
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    And into the future!